WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT THE ARTIST OR THE PRODUCER??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2006
the artist. cuz i like lyrics and the message behind them way more than a hot beat. if theres bitches involved yeah imma want the beat but me personally artist definetly

Aug 7, 2006
it can be either one to me shit

if the producer is ill for example just blaze, Hi-Tek i can listen to the instrumentals for days, if the emcee is dope i can listen to the accapellas all day.

if its both classic

Dec 9, 2005
I think they both play equally important parts and you can't really have one without the other in Hip Hop. But I personally gravitate more towards the music ( beats ) of a song, than lyrics. But thats just me.

I feel like a great beat can make up for a lackluster performance by an artist, but don't feel like even a great performance could make up for a wack beat. It just kills it IMO.

Dec 17, 2004
in mainstream hip hop...the producer is almost all that matters...him and the rappers fashion stylist...the rapper just needs to follow their lead

with real hip hop the answers alot more complex

May 10, 2002
carl winslow said:
in mainstream hip hop...the producer is almost all that matters...him and the rappers fashion stylist...the rapper just needs to follow their lead

with real hip hop the answers alot more complex
That's if we're talkin about Hip Hop?

Dec 17, 2004
MrPeete said:
That's if we're talkin about Hip Hop?
yeah. like the hip hop on the radio and mtv and shit.

are you telling me timbland cant get any young dude off the street. dress him in cliche trendy hip hop clothes. make a dance club beat for him and make him a star (or atleast a one hit wonder). if they dont go the ghostwriting route, all the guys gotta do on his part is write a rap where he mentions phrases like "all up in the club" and "got more ice than snow" and shit like that

Feb 8, 2003
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
But didnt you give Project Pat "album of the year" based on mostly beats??Hmmm.....

Nope
First of since you all on my coat tail do some homework I gave Styles P album of the year in the end.

Pat was talking about REAL street shit I can relate too and any other black man coming up can relate too. I dont give a shit about no lyricst put it like this a nigga can spit his encyclopedia vocabulary verses and another nigga can spit simple basic facts and the real niggas is always gonna win over the lyricst.

Take it how you want Im done with all this nonsense I been going thru on this site for expressing my honest opinions and facts. I dont have time to waste my time arguing with somebody on a website to prove abosulutly nothing(wheres the prize at?). You do you and I do me so dont quote me acting like the FBI interrogating me and shit. Duece out!

btw

Merry X-Mas and Happy Holidays.

Oct 20, 2006
www.myspace.com
i agree wit a post anotha person said....i can also tolerate a wack rapper on a hard beat keeps me interested...as far as acapella albums go u gotta be SERIOUSLY on point wit the lyrics for example....Yukmouth, Papoose, Canibus and a few others them is people id sit and listen 2 they acapellas

Aug 11, 2006
though you can't make a complete "song" with just one or the other......the beat probably plays the biggest role in making it a good song......if the the beats wack i always find my self switching to the next even if the spits are on point...where as if the the beat is on point but the flows is wack.....it can still be a #1 hit......just turn on the radio and mtv