Where the hell is that Danny Trejo DVD at?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Director Gil Medina Interview said:
What did Baby Bash and Tech N9ne bring to the mix?

Baby Bash has been a friend of ours for years and he’s never been in any film situation so I thought it would be good if we got him. So we just called him and asked if he wanted to do something and he said “Yeah!”. Noel G who played in ‘Street Kings’ and ‘Training Day’, who plays Diablo in the movie is a very very intense actor, he came along and I thought he and Bash would “work” together and that’s how that came about. Tech N9ne is a very interesting story because I’ve known him for about ten years from the music industry and I knew him from a friend of mine named Roger Troutman from Roger and Zapp who had passed away. Tech N9ne and I were good friends of Rogers, and being in the music business I’d been to a lot of shows with Tech N9ne and watched him grow. Nobody knew, nobody could have even foreseen, that at the time this movie is getting ready to come out that Tech N9ne is the number one independent underground rapper in the world. He is underground like Eminem was underground before he became a household name. Now Tech N9ne is a household name, but he’s a household name to the underground. So what’s happening is the underground always had their finger on the pulse, the big scene, and Tech is huge! He’s got millions and millions of fans, he did a a download and got like ten million people to download his music for free. He’s huge, and we’re really lucky to have Tech N9ne. You know Danny did Tech’s video “Like Yeah”, that’s his latest video and Danny was in that. So Tech is a really good friend of ours and as a matter of fact Tech is giving us a song for this movie.

That was my next question: What can you tell us about that Tech N9ne track?

It’s intense. It’s crazy! We’re working on putting a couple of songs together and that’s one of the reasons that we’re doing a push. We’re pushing back the release of ‘Vengeance’ because we’re getting a lot of people who have joined the Vengeance Army who are saying “Look I need a chance to push this out and I need a deadline on the Vengeance Army.” We have so many people who are signing on to give this away that we have to be fair to them. We’re pushing our release to 2010. Plus, who wouldn’t wait for a track from Tech N9ne from a movie he is in. So hopefully we’re going to get that straight. There is another friend of Danny’s who’s in the movie business and the music business who we are waiting to see if he’s going to give us a song but I can’t say who that is yet. But I will update you because I’m hoping to use you for our updates.
http://www.iconvsicon.com/2009/08/14/director-gil-medina-talks-danny-trejos-vengeance/

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
i coulda fuckin swore they said fall 09
Was that before or after this movie was supposed to come out in 2006? :cheeky: At least the push might get an exclusive Tech song for this project. Probably be the best thing about it, ala Lucky Cucumber.

Sep 24, 2002
lol well i know some of us pre ordered it and i dont want my adress to be lost in all the shuffles n shit. n yea something as a bonus would be nice for a long ass wait lol

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
Yea same here. That's what I can't stand about "pre-orders." Once in a while you'll have an artist or someone wh puts something up for pre-order like it's about to be pressed up and everything, when that's not even the case. It's like a step below being a scam in some cases.

Sep 24, 2002
i wonder if theres a way to change the address on my order since i ordered it months ago and it wont even be out for another year so what like a year and a half since i placed the order lol