Where is Metallica from. *******Vote Now

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Where is Metallica from

• Total voters
Nov 22, 2005
WHere is Metallica from(yes i made another thread about this)?
I hear their from LA,SF and da east bay? Well if you had to say Metallica is from 1 place and 1 place only. WHere is METALLICA from?(not their individual members but the actual band metallica, where are they from would u say?)

Jun 2, 2002
i thought they were from the north bay lol...i seem to remember my boy from novato saying they were from marin county or something...i dunno though

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
they're from CALIFORNIA. a simple & less complicated answer

there's, what 4-5 members in the group, and they were born in different cities and probably reside in different locations. so it's hard to pinpont "where they're from."

you really trying to win the bet aren't you.....

Edit: you should of just put two locations on the poll to narrow it down.(ie L.a. & the bay area)

Nov 22, 2005
Thats what im sayin thou! Its not were each individual band member is from, the question is where is Metallica from, as in the group,the band, , the image, the legend or whatever you wanna call it!

May 8, 2005
my boss is a big metal head and use to be in a few bands in his younger days and he said he use to party with members of Metallica and Exidus, and he's from El Cerrito and hung out in Berkeley alot, so ima go with the East Bay

Nov 22, 2005
my boss is a big metal head and use to be in a few bands in his younger days and he said he use to party with members of Metallica and Exidus, and he's from El Cerrito and hung out in Berkeley alot, so ima go with the East Bay

Look heres what I know,
I know that the Wikipedia tells me Metallica is from Los Angeles.
My neighbor who is a big time rocker from the 80's swears on his moms life that there from San Francisco
Then sometimes i here the El Cerrito, berkley, east bay story.
Who to believe??????? I dont know?
But i thought the smart educated folks here on the siccness might know

May 15, 2002
Here's the real answer, tell your friend (and no, it's not straight forward)

Metallica was formed in Los Angeles and made some recordings as a band from LA. But when they wanted to add Cliff Burton to the band, he said he'd only join if they moved to San Francisco.

They recorded a few songs as an "LA" band, but never released an album until becoming a "SF" band.

That's the story, interpret how you will.

p.s. to me, they're a San Francisco band.

Nov 22, 2005
Here's the real answer, tell your friend (and no, it's not straight forward)

Metallica was formed in Los Angeles and made some recordings as a band from LA. But when they wanted to add Cliff Burton to the band, he said he'd only join if they moved to San Francisco.

They recorded a few songs as an "LA" band, but never released an album until becoming a "SF" band.

That's the story, interpret how you will.

p.s. to me, they're a San Francisco band.

Interesting....................

May 15, 2002
Kirk Hammett grew up in the East Bay (though he was born in SF).

And I think he and Tom Hunting co-founded Exodus in the East Bay, but I could be wrong. I believe James produced Exodus' first demo, too, so that could also help contribute to the East Bay thing.

Nov 22, 2005
Kirk Hammett grew up in the East Bay (though he was born in SF).

And I think he and Tom Hunting co-founded Exodus in the East Bay, but I could be wrong. I believe James produced Exodus' first demo, too, so that could also help contribute to the East Bay thing.
Exodus is an American thrash metal band formed in 1980 in San Francisco, California by singer/drummer Tom Hunting, guitarists Tim Agnello and Kirk Hammett, and bassist Carlton Melson.

May 8, 2005
my boss will always tell me random history of metal bands, especially bay area bands of the 80's, back when he was still playing, and he knows several members of bands that are now famous, or atleast known. one time he told me a bunch bout the formation of metallica and exodus, but i don't really remember much of the details. i'll try and remember to ask him bout it tomorrow, maybe he can set some of these facts straight.

Nov 22, 2005
my boss will always tell me random history of metal bands, especially bay area bands of the 80's, back when he was still playing, and he knows several members of bands that are now famous, or atleast known. one time he told me a bunch bout the formation of metallica and exodus, but i don't really remember much of the details. i'll try and remember to ask him bout it tomorrow, maybe he can set some of these facts straight.
u do that!

Jun 8, 2004
www.myspace.com
I know for a fucking fact that they started doing shows when they first formed in LA. Because my girlfriend is a big ass Motley Crue fan, and in this lame ass interview, Metallica was talking about how much they hated Crue and hair metal. And how they would see bands like them on the LA strip and would talk shit to them etc.

I think because of all the love for glam/hair metal, they moved to Frisco. So technically, LA is the correct answer, but they became famous in SF.

End of thread.