Where I'm from, we don't trip on murder, just oil spills as a result of flooding...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 14, 2007
www.myspace.com

This is the refinery in Coffeyville, where I moved from a couple of months ago. This is less than a mile from where my home was (Pun intended)

In Kansas, the Verdigris River was beginning to recede Tuesday at Coffeyville, but it was kept high by water being released from the Elk City and Fall River Toronto Lake reservoirs upstream, said Jim Miller, Montgomery County emergency manager.

“It’s going to come down the Verdigris until they shut that water supply off,” he said. “So it’s just a matter of time.”

The refinery tank that overflowed and spilled the oil down the Verdigris has been secured, operator Coffeyville Resources said Tuesday. Environmental officials were planning to conduct water sampling where the oil slick made its way.

“As of right now, we don’t have a full assessment of the extent of the contamination,” said Dave Bary, a spokesman for the Environmental Protection Agency in Dallas. “Quite a bit of it remains on the surface and is visible.”
.........................................................................................

Not quite as exciting as a multiple homicide, however this is crazy. I was supposed to go home last weekend and couldn't even enter the city as a result of this. The flood as left my sister homeless, and several of my friends. I guess I'm fortunate that I moved here, however most of my belongings were still in Kansas, and are now buoys.

Jun 23, 2003
The Anti-Vidual said:
This is the refinery in Coffeyville, where I moved from a couple of months ago. This is less than a mile from where my home was (Pun intended)
Where's the pun? I don't get it.......