When/why did Tech start painting his face?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Kay

Sicc OG
Jun 20, 2008
When I was young, I used to fear clowns when I went to [the circus] and all of that. The reason I feared them was because they had painted-on smiles. There was a mystique, because no one knew what went on behind that paint. So when people look at me, they don’t know what the fuck to think because my clown has a frown on. So I became a clown a long time ago because of that mystique.
http://www.xxlmag.com/features/2008/08/tech-n9nedangerous/

May 7, 2008
i think he originally did it just to stand out.

theres probably a trillion black men out there with microphones trying to make music and most of em are just ordinary... so when a black dude comes along with painted face(or red spiked hair) people instantly pay him more attention. Than when they hear his music and see its not that gangsta shit everyone else does they become fans <

but yea he said somewhere it started before the slave ships which is historically correct but i think that came after the real reason lol

UGT

Sicc OG
Sep 15, 2002
i think he originally did it just to stand out.

theres probably a trillion black men out there with microphones trying to make music and most of em are just ordinary... so when a black dude comes along with painted face(or red spiked hair) people instantly pay him more attention. Than when they hear his music and see its not that gangsta shit everyone else does they become fans <

but yea he said somewhere it started before the slave ships which is historically correct but i think that came after the real reason lol
same with a gimp mask

Status
Not open for further replies.