When Hip Hop Finally Dies In 2 Years What's Next?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 29, 2004
Hair metal dominated the 80's until it finally died when Grunge took over. Hip hop's anus is leaking blood in massive amounts due to the major labels pimping. Much like hair metal - nothing good is coming out, and if it does it dies a slow death in the underground until the artist goes back to work at K-mart.

It's officially run it's creative course. EVERY....SINGLE....SONG on the radio is "Ohh girl shake it in da club in dat thong," "Oooh girl I love you," and "I got da heatah." What will take over? I'm thinking since most hip hop DJ's are drugged out whiteboy hippies who do raves on the side - that trance/jungle will gradually replace hip hop as the most popular genre of music.

Moby/DMX collabos here we come!

Aug 7, 2003
Set Free said:
I'm thinking since most hip hop DJ's are drugged out whiteboy hippies who do raves on the side - that trance/jungle will gradually replace hip hop as the most popular genre of music.QUOTE]

Umm the dj's aint killing it, its the rappers with there lack of creativity with any genre of music, only so much can be said/rhymed. thats why some of the hits on the radio might not be the best songs but they are creative like kanye west and so on. also trance wont take over since its been around longer then rap or i think so.

Apr 25, 2002
As long as there are real Hip-Hop artists who truly exemplify what Hip-Hop is......people are gonna continue to feel it.....therefore giving way to more artists who aren't all about the "bling," "butt naked hoes," and "Escalades sittin on 24's."

Hip Hop is way past the music spectrum it has grown into a culture....I don't think it's going anywhere for a long time.

Apr 5, 2004
PoeticChocolate said:
As long as there are real Hip-Hop artists who truly exemplify what Hip-Hop is......people are gonna continue to feel it.....therefore giving way to more artists who aren't all about the "bling," "butt naked hoes," and "Escalades sittin on 24's."

Hip Hop is way past the music spectrum it has grown into a culture....I don't think it's going anywhere for a long time.
u exactly right

Jun 29, 2004
i always laugh at "hip hop is a culture." What culture is that? Working at mcdonalds and blowing your whole paycheck on weed and sneakers while your baby just ran out of WIC Formula?

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
What a homosexual.

As long as multi-platinum R&B stars are using Rappers on their lead singles for appeal (enter, Usher, Beyonce), Hip-Hop is not going anywhere. Lloyd Banks went gold in 2 weeks. Jadakiss just went gold. 50 Cent is about to go 7x platinum, Outkast is 5x by now. Rap and Hip-Hop has been dominating the singles charts.

You aren't listening to the same music i'm listening to, friend.

Aug 9, 2002
Set Free said:
Hair metal dominated the 80's until it finally died when Grunge took over. Hip hop's anus is leaking blood in massive amounts due to the major labels pimping. Much like hair metal - nothing good is coming out, and if it does it dies a slow death in the underground until the artist goes back to work at K-mart.

It's officially run it's creative course. EVERY....SINGLE....SONG on the radio is "Ohh girl shake it in da club in dat thong," "Oooh girl I love you," and "I got da heatah." What will take over? I'm thinking since most hip hop DJ's are drugged out whiteboy hippies who do raves on the side - that trance/jungle will gradually replace hip hop as the most popular genre of music.

Moby/DMX collabos here we come!

HIP-HOP Was here b4 thoze hair metal bands & hip-hop was here after that shyt died & itz still gonna be here after you die or till tha whole fucking world blowz tha fuck up. To me tha underground scene is way 2 sicc right now Its really strong & hard az fuck. Theirs alot of good shyt out tha under that gotz my earz listening so I could give a fuck what commercial niggz got to say or do. I dont think underground has ever been thiz good.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
it is stupid to compare it to hair metal cause hair metal is just a stlye of rock,not its own genre...just like the crunck/dance shit that is on the radio right now is just one form of hip hop...sure it might fade away but that doesnt mean the entire genre will fall...that is a horrible theory

Dec 25, 2003
As the years go buy. Hip-hop would always be leaked wit all that commercial corporate bullshit, aint no matter if underground artists whether or not finally signing wit a few majors. Commercial hip-hop will always be leaked around on TV, radio stations and the most critical impact of all; the public society.
Trust me cuz its already real

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
music never dies in general it just evolves into something else.

when it comes to rap and hip hop right now you gotta look whos doing original cutting edge type stuff. i think the crunk style and the over exuberent type cats are gonna fade out pretty soon that stuff is too hollow to get anyones attention anymore imo

i think the crunk stuff will retain a strong underground audience after it gets out of the mainstream limelight quite like bay area rap has