WHAT'S / WHO'S A GOOD INDY DISTRIBUTOR (OFFICIAL THREAD)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 27, 2005
Whats or who is a good independent music distributor?
List some of your favorites. I'm looking for a good distributor who's good in getting the music on the shelves?

Please make sure that all of the distributors are currently active. And if you have an opinion on them, rather its good or not, I'll like to hear it. Any contact info would be good too if you got it.

I'mma start this thread off....

Koch-are they good or are they really for washed up artists like 50 Cent said?

Dec 27, 2005
are any of these good? what type of numbers do they do? do they pay well?

CITY HALL DISTRIBUTION

KOCH ENTERTAINMENT

NAVARRE

SELECT-O-HITS

TVT RECORDS

Dec 27, 2005
Mr. ViNN707 said:
Not Kotch evidently...lol
so what do that mean? are they good, do they pay the labels well, get the product in the stores, or what?

lookin foe a good distro that can give a label some good sales numbers like 50,000-100,000! Them Jim Jones type of numbers!!!!

Dec 27, 2005
what distro is Done Deal / Deal Done, JT the Bigga Figga, Yukmouth, Sik Wid It, Ice Cube, Cool Nutz, Mac Dre / Thizz, C-Bo, Assassin, Keak Da Sneak, Mitchy Slick and them type of cats dealin with? Who are they distributors and are those distributors capable of puttin up big numbers?

Sep 5, 2004
www.GORILLAPITS.com
Smoka said:
what distro is Done Deal / Deal Done, JT the Bigga Figga, Yukmouth, Sik Wid It, Ice Cube, Cool Nutz, Mac Dre / Thizz, C-Bo, Assassin, Keak Da Sneak, Mitchy Slick and them type of cats dealin with? Who are they distributors and are those distributors capable of puttin up big numbers?
City hall all mac dre messed with

May 16, 2002
Smoka said:

^^^^ That's what you should of asked Originally Homie.

Jul 25, 2004
Siccness will never give U any positive feedbak on NEthing like this,I mean UR not talking bout see'n UR favorite BAY rapper@ 7-11 or nuthin,so noone cares.:dead:

And yea,Distributions only gone sell if the label promotes or creates the right buzz.

Push em urself,get ur 1sheet together then send that out to City Hall,Navarre,ect.

(what distro is Done Deal / Deal Done, JT the Bigga Figga, Yukmouth, Sik Wid It, Ice Cube, Cool Nutz, Mac Dre / Thizz, C-Bo, Assassin, Keak Da Sneak, Mitchy Slick and them type of cats dealin with? Who are they distributors and are those distributors capable of puttin up big numbers?)

Dude said AssAssin...:confused: why dont U ask him?

Good luk though

Jan 15, 2006
I think you got the game a lil fucked up.. all a distributor does is put your album in stores.. the bigger your buzz is the better the distribution will be, but its your/the label job to promote yourself and create a buzz.. and what you mean im looking for a distributor ? you think you can just knock on koch or tvt door fill in a form and next week your album is in stores ? u have to prove to them your product can move enough units even tho its just distro aint no big distributor gone put your album in stores nationwide if they dont feel like they gone make some money off it..

try cityhall tho it shouldnt be to big of a task to get them to distribute your shit since everybody and they momma has distribution thru cityhall

Dec 1, 2003
In my opinion, you should make sure you have the right budget for your project and know how to properly promote it before attempting to get distrubution. If they except your project and it doesn't do well theres a good chance they won't distribute the next. You might wanna try to get your music in record stores yourself-use the search tool in bart- some people in the past have posted a lot of retail outlet information that was VERY useful to me.

Apr 12, 2004
Smoka said:
are any of these good? what type of numbers do they do? do they pay well?

CITY HALL DISTRIBUTION

KOCH ENTERTAINMENT

NAVARRE

SELECT-O-HITS

TVT RECORDS

city hall sucks because all they care about is mac dre real talk man for those who know the game city hall lives off mac dre that y they put out so much thizz shit and thats the truth.

koch ent they suck 2 they aint givin big rich now type of magazine ads all they did to me was get his cd in store and that was it.

select-o-hits is a down south distro so west coast nigga need to leave that alone period i know all this shit.

NAVARRE:no comment lol

tvt dont know much bout them so cant speak on it.

Dec 27, 2005
sactownrepBP said:
city hall sucks because all they care about is mac dre real talk man for those who know the game city hall lives off mac dre that y they put out so much thizz shit and thats the truth.

koch ent they suck 2 they aint givin big rich now type of magazine ads all they did to me was get his cd in store and that was it.

select-o-hits is a down south distro so west coast nigga need to leave that alone period i know all this shit.

thanks, your post was the most helpful, everybody else went off subject and started talikin about some other shit...but thanks for answerin what I wanted to know!

Premo

Face Scrunched Lookn Rude
Aug 1, 2004
NASWIPP. A subdivision of IKSRTFO
sactownrepBP said:

koch doesnt do any of the promotion or any of that shit , thats on the artist . thats why cats are able to get 7 dollars a record off koch .

Oct 19, 2006
The best thing to do is get your shit in some local stores, move some good units on consignment, build that relationship then have the retailers tell you who is the best to take your shit to the next level. Comments from here aren't gonna help you.

The retailers know what distributors in your area have reps that are in their faces every week trying to increase the sales on the product they distribute.

Jan 1, 2006
THE MORE MONEY YOU PUT IN
THE MORE UNITS YOUR SALE
NO MONEYS / NO PROMO / NO UNITS

DISTRO'S WANT NEW LABELS AND NEW ARTIST TO SPEND BREAD
B4 THEY EVEN PUT YOUR UNITS IN THE STORES
SO THEY GET PAID EVEN
IF YOUR DONT SALE 1 UNIT
THATS HOW THEY MAKE MONEY NOW!....
IF YOU GOT A HOT ALBUM OUT THE TRUNK AND YA MAKING MONEY WITH OUT THEM THEN THEY WANT SOME OF THAT MONEY!..... THEN THEY COME KNOCKING ON THE DOOR!....
AND THATS HOW THE DISTRO GAME WORKS!.......NOW!....

IT TAKES MAJOR BREAD TO BE IN THE GAME NOW!...

Mar 13, 2005
Smoka said:
everyone else...just answer the question and keep yo opionions to urself
lol fuck outta here u moron.. lmfao at "im looking for a distributor that can help me sell 50k" if you that stupid i doubt you will make it anywhere in this game and your music prolyy sucks too