Whats the Problem with Cali Rappers!?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 21, 2006
king of the O said:
But if niggaz was smart they could figure out how to fuck the game uo, and fuck cats heads up! Instead of trying to conform to the norm of being on a major or the indie route.............Cause face it yall, the "independent game" needs to evolve cause its 2007. ya feel me, if it dont pretty soon its gon be extinct and nobody gon be eatin.
Yeah davey d has been talking about that. The game is changing. What do you think though? What's gonna sell now?

One thing Davey D was speaking on was that it would be a good idea to have a subscription per month (all online) to artists, where artists would put up all the songs they make (that's a lot, not everyone is tupac, but most artists record a lot), even if they're only mixtape quality. That seems like it would work cuz cats like to just to be on the artists' dick (myspace). Personally I hate subscriptions, and online money, but that idea is on the right path.

Feb 2, 2006
really what needs to happen is people gotta shut these online sites down. i mean theres a bunch of em but once they are shut down i think people will have to go back to buying it in a legitimate way. theres websites u can download every thing movies, mp3's, instrumentals etc FOR FREE. as long as theres places like that more and more people are going to find out through word of mouth and sales will decline. once they find a way to make you PAY for the downloads thats when cats will start eating again. beacause let me be real - going to the store for a cd is played out. i RARELY do that. a few years back i used to go a lot more. its so easy to get ANY cd off the internet these days cuz everyone got CD burners and rips it. it didn't used to be like that. i used to get hella juiced off a new cd coming out and i would order it or goto hella stores trying to find it - these days it pops up on the web before it even comes out.

Aug 3, 2007
Imonone said:
Ugh, where to start? You guys amazingly hate on everyone else succesful, yet still try to copy the hottest styles. Many fans are stuck in a mid 90's gangsta rap time warp ( LA & the Bay ), and that shit is wack now. You also actually think that more than .03% of these rappers will ever be succsful/popular outside of cali.
the shitz thats popular now dayz is mainly popularized by the suburban kids buyin that shit only because they think thats the hottest shit in the hood which is not always the case. Right now we are in the dance craze faze of hip hop where everybody comin out becomin one hit wonders offa some stupid jigga boo step n fetch shit take for instance "soulja boy" and "nigga shuffle". It's funny you think norther cali duplicates other folks style please you obviously don't know much about the Bay better yet the Left Coast

do ya homework

Sep 17, 2006
king of the O said:
^^^^^wow!

Popularity is really not a concern. Really popularity is only from a dick riding fans perspective cause he want to see that his artist is doing something. The reason why cats are stuck in the mid 90's gangsta era, is cause they were speaking real shit. Okay a nigga gets killed today in oakland/LA/richmond so i put my headphones on and listen to gucci man-so icy. what part of the game is that!? I mean lets keep it real dog. u tryna say ol skool spice one, and 2pac, and e40 shit is wack? U probably one of them gay ass turf dancers that want to shake they ass in the club like a bitch!
Why wouldn't a fan want to see a rapper he is a fan of do good?

Sep 17, 2006
s-class said:
the shitz thats popular now dayz is mainly popularized by the suburban kids buyin that shit only because they think thats the hottest shit in the hood which is not always the case. Right now we are in the dance craze faze of hip hop where everybody comin out becomin one hit wonders offa some stupid jigga boo step n fetch shit take for instance "soulja boy" and "nigga shuffle". It's funny you think norther cali duplicates other folks style please you obviously don't know much about the Bay better yet the Left Coast

do ya homework
Please tell me anything that was stolen from the Bay, and I'll give you 2 examples of shit they bite. You people stuck in that "everything mainstream has to suck" are bitter as hell. Not sayin every song that is on BET/MTV is great, at least half of them do suck. But it goes the same way for underground rappers too.

Sep 17, 2006
TAY CAPONE1 said:
CALI RAPPERS ARE MISSING THE VISUAL EFFECT...MORE TV & AIR TIME = MORE SALES.
Also true, WC just put an album, but no video even made for this one, not even for youtube. I'm pretty sure he sold under 8K 1st week and that should never happen to a rapper like that.