Whats the best way to promote an album?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

NBD

Artist
Apr 25, 2002
What would ya'll say is the best way to promote an album?

1. Magazine Ads
2. Album Samplers
3. Video Commercials
4. Postcards and Posters
5. CD single
6. etc.....

Out of all the different forms of promo and marketing, which one generates the most sales? Please leave feedback and opinions...

May 2, 2002
www.streetlevelrecords.com
In my opinion all of the above. Especially cd samplers and flyers with a website so people who have computers can get more info. I also think it's important to get out there and be seen. I know I'd personally rather buy an album off the artist for $5 or $10 than at the store for $16.99.

Jun 18, 2002
All of 'em, but it's important to keep an open mind to all the fans and stay in touch with them and supply them with samplers and shit. And it's important to gain some air play in the right areas.

May 2, 2002
www.StreetLevelRecords.com
NBD said:
What would ya'll say is the best way to promote an album?
2. Album Samplers
4. Postcards and Posters[
/B]

I Think these 2 are the best ways if you are an Indi label...because in the long run they're not too hard on the pockets
Album Samplers(Snippets) to me are hands down the best way to do it tho...

Magazine Ads are cool If you got the $$.. and are going to sell a good amount Of CD's nation wide....If It's a Debut Cd from an Indi Label Don't waist your Cheese...cuzz you can hit just as many people if not more with Fliers and Snippets....a lot of the Ads I've seen have been pre-mature..Meaning the artists whos ad it was never even came out, or I've still never even seen their album but the ad was over a year ago and way past the release date...

To keep it short I think the best way to promote is to simply get out there in the streets and make your presence felt... people respect it when they see you out there doin it...I Mean How many times have you seen a local artists' album in the store but you never seen them actually out promotin????

Me Myself I'd be more likely to purchase from the artist themselves rather than over the counter....