Whats the best softward to record with n why?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.unknownterritoryrecords.com
They aren't on the same level. Nobody offers a better package of recording audio and midi together than Steinberg. That's just a fact of life. If you want it in one program you're using Cubase. Otherwise, you're going to be stuck with tracking out midi in 1 program, saving waves and tracking those out in another program where you apply production effects... Then saving that mix into an interleaved wave and recording your vocals in another program. One major benefit to this approach is that you don't have all your eggs in one basket. So if you run into a brickwall bugwise, you should be able to scale it with minimum difficulty. But then again, Cubase VST32 has been around for years and is tried and true. Both VST32 & SX are confusing at first, but once you get past the learning curve, you'll be much happier... atleast I am. And from my past work in the computer field, I don't get too happy with software as I'm always the one to find bugs that I have to work around. I found many in SX. But I've developed a routine that lets my life co-exist with SX and still keep a smile on my face at the end of the day. So you know my opinion Big Kaze. Go crack some software and start testing it out. If you like it, buy it. (gotta encourage someone to buy some piece of software)

:cheeky:

Apr 26, 2002
I just copped Cubase SL, and about another month the G4, Damn, I can't wait to get that shit up and runnin', I'm sittin' here at work reading the Cubase manual, it's got me fiendin' real bad.

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.unknownterritoryrecords.com
When I first started rapping I did 60 second takes of myself with Windows Recorder and one of those little tiny mics that sits on top of the computer... 16 bar freestyles. LOL, I used to have 30 or so of those just laying around for the longest time. Then I got ashamed of such wackness (this is years ago, obviously, lol) and decided to damn them to digital hell.

:classic:

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
BIG J said:
I just copped Cubase SL, and about another month the G4, Damn, I can't wait to get that shit up and runnin', I'm sittin' here at work reading the Cubase manual, it's got me fiendin' real bad.
good luck with the G4, i can't wait til i get my hands on a new fully loaded 15" powerbook G4.... oh coy! i wanted to get that 12" one, but apparently they refuse to run OS9.2... I don't know whether it's the way the HD wuz formatted or not, because if it is, i can just run the disk utilities program to fix that.... and i need to run classic OS since a good portion of my music software wuz built for it.... now i just gotta sell the G3 i got to my cousin, but only problem is he aint got the $fetti for it rit now

and if anyone wants a copy of Digital Performer 3.11, then let me know and i'll make it available on my swebsite for a limited time... it's only available for Classic OS though, and won't run under OSX Classic Environment

lol, are you talkin about the Sound Recorder that's in the Entertainment folder or somethin.... if so, i remember recordin some spits on wave files back in 1995.... damn my shit wuz wack