Whats so good about Keak Da Sneak?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 14, 2006
I've listened to this nigga since he was in 3x crazy. It seems like his style has evolved since then. I see hella people puttin Keak at the top of their favorite bay area rappers list... Personally, I think he's just aiiiight at best... Hes an acquired taste. I don't see what the big deal with him is. He got a scruffy voice with weak lyrics and below average delivery. He always sounds like hes struggling when he spits and on interviews his voice aint really like that. On top of all that, he aint as animated and "superhyphie" on the TV screen as other bay cats are. Sure he sounds different, but he's definitely not the best of the bay in my opinion. Does anyone out there agree with me or am I just gonna take a lot of heat for this thread?

Jan 17, 2006
keak iz a koo rapper, obiviously not the best lyrically, but he can make a good song...i wasnt really feelin him till COPIUM, and havnt liked his stuff as much since, but hes still a good rapper

May 15, 2002
definitely has charisma - his style varies from song to song

sometime you can understand him clearly, other times you have no idea what the hell he's say saying

May 7, 2002
I can't really explain it either, but I l slap the shit outta all of Keak's albums. For some reason, his songs are hella catchy to me. You either hate him or love him...thats the way i see it.

Mar 23, 2005
GoDoDoDumb said:
I've listened to this nigga since he was in 3x crazy. It seems like his style has evolved since then. I see hella people puttin Keak at the top of their favorite bay area rappers list... Personally, I think he's just aiiiight at best... Hes an acquired taste. I don't see what the big deal with him is. He got a scruffy voice with weak lyrics and below average delivery. He always sounds like hes struggling when he spits and on interviews his voice aint really like that. On top of all that, he aint as animated and "superhyphie" on the TV screen as other bay cats are. Sure he sounds different, but he's definitely not the best of the bay in my opinion. Does anyone out there agree with me or am I just gonna take a lot of heat for this thread?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

my guess going to take alot of heat

Dec 13, 2003
www.djluicidal.com
I like a lot of the beats on his recent albums. Also I like the various things he talks about and says. His voice is very unique. And his sound is very raw which I like. Overall hes pretty good.

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
I've been listening to Keak since "Stomping In My Steel Toe's" on C-Bo's album. And to be honest this year is when I finally tarted to really hear everything cleary. You are right he's an aquired taste... but if you're from Northern Kali...especially the Bay, he speaks your language. It's funny... I've been around him, smoked & drank with him, been to his tilt but we've never really had a direct conversation unless he was talking into the camera. From what I've gathered from him... "He is The Bay". Funny talking, slick game spitting, real deal paraphanellia to the mob! I don't know where you heard him... but that nigga talks just like he spits... too bad I got a analog camera and post the vid w/o special connections!

So the hype on Keak is... he is what most Bay niggas want out of an artist... someone to get rich and still come thru the town like the nigga he was before!

Dec 2, 2005
Keak is different. Let him be different...if the truth is that he isn't really that good then let it be....if the truth is that he is dope then let it be....

Nov 5, 2004
Tight pics. That bus was a bong on wheels, lol.

My other take on it...Its usually just peeps that are new to Keak that don't feel him. Ask anyone who has listened to Keak since 95-96ish, 9 out of 10 really feel him. Then again, u won't listen to someone for 10 years if u don't like him. But u know what I mean.