WHAT'S OUR IDENTITY?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.getyourfinancesright.com
I've been thinkin' about this the last couple of days, and just lookin' at the rap game as a whole, and what I came to realize is, is that Dago doesn't have it's own identity, as far as the rest of the nation is concerned. And that's what we need in order to actually blow. Follow me on this.

Now as far as California's concerned LA is known NATIONWIDE for gang bangin', and the Bay has their own thang too, with the slang, cars etc. But WHAT'S OURS? Now I'm seein' some young niggaz in Dago acting like they're from the Bay, and the rest of Dago niggaz in the streets are bangin'. But to the REST of the Country, if we came out on some gang bang shit it would look like we're following LA,(even though Dago niggaz and essays have been bangin' since the late 60's early 70's). And if we came out with the Bay niggaz style it would look like we're following the Bay. We don't have our own identity to make us unique!

For example look at New Orleans when they blew, they had their own talk, dress, sound, culture etc. The same with Houston with their culture, and Atlanta too. And now the Bay is blowing bac up with their own slang, sound, style and culture! What do we have to say is our own culture that people will grasp and feel nationwide that's different from the rest of the country sayin' we're following LA or the Bay???? Don't get me wrong, we have a gang of talent, but look at all the cities that blew up, they had their own uniqueness. We really don't have our own slang (a little bit, but...), and if MTV did "on the bloc in Dago", what would we have to offer besides sayin' that we bang. That shit is old homies(especially to the rest of the world). I seen somebody post on here sayin' "is EDM even active anymore". WHO GIVES A FUC ABOUT THAT STUPID SHIT. I know I got more than 5 homies than own homes (including me), in THEIR OWN NAME, all from legal money, and 3 were in the feds with me. And none of my homies are pro athletes! This rap shit bought my house, and 300 on 22's, so I ain't really trippin' on tryin' to blow up to superstar level. My shit is legit(I file a Shc. C and 1065 every year on my taxes. Anybody with a real business know's what I'm talkin' about). I'm puttin' this out there for the young Dago niggaz comin' up that got heat. Try to come up with a new angle to make us unique!!!!

Even though we know bangin' is not new to us. Shit ALL of us grew up in it, and that's all some of us know, but still the REST of the world is still going to think we're following LA, with the Crip and Blood shit. I'm not sayin' don't represent, but that can't be our selling point to the world, because it won't get accepted, especially when people don't think Dago is ghetto or gangsta anyway. And believe me, I'm NOT trying to discourage, I'm tryin' to encourage!

And I don't think the gang bang rap is going to blow us up, because personally I don't even really want to hear that shit too much. I want to hear niggaz spit, that's going to motivate me to get on my hustle. Some intelligent street turned businessman shit. That's the page I'm on. Like I said in the song I did with the Jetsons "I took a jail business plan/and became a businessman/the transformation of a hustla is what your witnessin'.... I'm tryna' to inspire my street niggaz to be businessman, even if you start off with illegal money, but fuc illegal money, cuz real gangstaz want successful businesses. I know I got off topic, but all I'm sayin' is we need another angle to come at the world, where niggaz worldwide are going to feel us, and not think we're following the Bay or LA! I remember some nigga from LA on here said that in a post, that all Dago does is follow LA or the Bay, and that's how outsiders look at us(even though we know different). And it's fucced up, because the way the game is set up, we have to go to LA to get put on, and get accepted by them. And on the real a lot of LA niggaz really look down on Dago niggaz. The real ones know what I'm talkin' about.

The rap game is constantly changing. It's to the point now where skills aren't even a major factor. Look at all the average popular rappers, including Young Jeezy and others. Don't get me wrong, I like Young Jeezy, but it's his content, and the fact that Atlanta has their OWN thang that got him over. So if we don't come up with somethin' that's our own to the rest of the world, we're going to have a long uphill battle in this rap game. So to all the new young niggaz with heat in Dago try to come up with somethin' that's our own style. Or to the rest of Dago, we probably already have our own style, and culture, and we don't realize yet. I don't know, but we better do somethin', because I hate when people say we're following the Bay or LA, and we still strugglin in this game. Come wit' it Dago niggaz!!!! I know you got it in you!!!! And believe me, like I said earlier, I'm not tryin' to discourage, I'm tryin' to encourage!

Oct 19, 2004
SOUTHEAST DAGO
^^^^You taking my quote outta context homie,I was the one who said "Is EDM even active anymore" because the fool who posted before me on that thread said "80% of bloods is Weenies and crips are putting in major work to put Dago on the map",I could give a dam if yall are active he was just doing the most with that comment.

I agree with you on that Dago needs it's own Idnenity,It's like you said if you aint banging- then you getting hyphy.I do think we have enough talent here to blow,I dont know homie I think if we can get one Artist to really get shine on a national level then maybe some of the undergound rappers here can get a chance to show that Dago is definately heated.But Dago I think is always gonna be known for gangsta rap,cause fools are gonna rap on what they know about and down here we still banging B's and C's

MITCHY SLICK

CEO/Artist WrongKind Records
Jan 29, 2003
JUST FOLLOW MITCHY SLICK.IM GONE GET US THERE IF IT KILLS ME.DAGO WE GOT IT.WE AINT GOTTA WAIT OR BE LIKE THESE OTHER NIGGAS.THEY TRYIN TO BE LIKE US."I KNOW A HUSTLER'S MOTIVE,SO I MAKE SHIT FO HIM TO SLUMP WHILE HE'S ROLLIN".

I-ROCC

CEO of Money Hungry/Hottest Underground N**ga in t
May 5, 2002
LUNICOLEONE.COM
THIS YEAR IT'S A WRAP!!!!!!!!!!! I PROMISE

I feel it's niggaz from DAGO that rap and have learned enough as far as business goes wich steps to take now to get "THERE" ,It took a long time and alot of money for us to get it cuz of where we're from and nobody jus gave us anything...BUT we got it NOW!! AND IT'S LOOKIN GOOD!!!!!

C.S AND MITCH I AGREE 100 PERCENT WITH BOTH OF YA'LL ARE SAYIN!!!

Oct 19, 2004
SOUTHEAST DAGO
I was just about to say that if there are a couple of Dago rappers that are in a POSITION to do this it would be Mitch and IROCC.Let's hope that in 06 Dago can make some power moves to get it crackin cause I'm tired of Dago not getting the recognition it deserves homie

Mar 18, 2005
MITCHY SLICK said:
JUST FOLLOW MITCHY SLICK.IM GONE GET US THERE IF IT KILLS ME.DAGO WE GOT IT.WE AINT GOTTA WAIT OR BE LIKE THESE OTHER NIGGAS.THEY TRYIN TO BE LIKE US."I KNOW A HUSTLER'S MOTIVE,SO I MAKE SHIT FO HIM TO SLUMP WHILE HE'S ROLLIN".

is there anyone else from san diego that you listen to that you think has what it takes to get san diego on the map? of course i know wrongkind artist but i'm referring to artist like DAMU,LIL C.S,I-ROCC,CRICET,THE MARY JANE JUNKEEZ,CONTRABAND ETC.

Jan 23, 2006
I THINK FOR DAGO TO BLOW MUTHAFUCCAS NEED TO STOP HATIN AND START SUM KIND OF UNITY ,ITS TOO MUCH TALENT HERE FROM CRIPS,BLOODS , MEXICANS,AND BACCPACC RAPPERS.SHIT EVEN PRODUCERS!
DAGO NEED SUM REAL RECORD LABELS DOWN HERE THATS WHY MUTHAFUCCAS GO TO LA TO POLOTIC .SHIT EVEN ARTISTS FROM OTHER PLACES LIKE NY AND THE SOUTH POST UP AND MAKE LA THEIR NEW HOME CUZ ITS SO MUCH OPPORTUNITY UP THERE U FEEL ME

Apr 25, 2002
www.getyourfinancesright.com
ON MY SON'S LIFE, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, I HOPE MITCH and IROCC blow this year. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Mitch and IROCC are in the best position, and like I said before I hope them niggaz blow. And this is sincere, it ain't no fake shit! Ya'll niggaz put forth the effort, and money to do it, and you're right where you put YOURSELF at.

We don't have to be like other niggaz, of course they want to be like us, but the rest of the WORLD is going to think we're tryin' to be like LA (or the Bay) and we don't HAVE our own identity. Shit, everybody's gangsta in other cities too. I was around niggaz from every part of the country in the feds, so it's real ones from everywhere, so homey sayin' we gangsta is automatic. I know that. I was born and raised here. But when it's said and done, what's going to make people gravitate to us! And make us unique from the rest of the gangstaz!?

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
The focus shouldnt start about what N.y got, what L.A. got...LA. aint crackin in its rap scene,sure there are some rappers who are semi..doin it,but not at the level of artists in the south.Focus on the consumer,L.A is one of the biggest markets for the music industry,so why is it the west aint on top....we aint supporting our own,we would rather hate on our own,And with record stores closing,its getting harder for that shelf space,The times are coming where we need to think about ways to promote,and get our music heard,and purchased in ways that arent happening today....the old blueprint aint gonna work,with all these illegal downloads,its gonna open the market for someone to work another angle,as opposed to the traditional ways.The economy is alright and money is being spent,..I hope Im getting my point across.....in a nutshell what worked yesterday might not work tomorrow..so today plan for tomorrow,while others waste there time in the present,you will secure the future.

Sep 27, 2005
^^^ spoken like a true kc nigga lol, ya'll niggaz aint got no identity thats why yal'l aint goin nowhere

and for the record i'm the nigga who made that post about dago aint got no identity and i just got post about i'm a hater n shit, now when this nigga cs post it everybody lickin his nutts lol funny

For example look at New Orleans when they blew, they had their own talk, dress, sound, culture etc. The same with Houston with their culture, and Atlanta too.
most of new orleans dress wuz taken from the west coast, with the white-ts and they so called "soulja rags" and they tattoos shit wuz stolen from los angeles , when the hot boys came out sportin white-ts thats when tha rest of the nation started doin that shit, but before that it wuz strictly l.a. niggaz (and probly dago niggaz since ya'll wuz bangin too)

but regardless Dago does not have its own identity there is nothin new or original about dago and if u aint got an identity yet, then i dont see it happenin, its somethin thats game that comes up on tha streets of where u live, los angeles and the bay area r both unique, the bay happens to be one of the rare places where that crip and blood shit is not poppin even tho its in cali, thats sayin alot cuz cities all over the country try and bang that shit, but the bay is ORIGINAL and dont do that, its the home of the panthers and tha mac and sideshows, niggaz got they own identity and is proud, now l.a. is the home of the c's and b's, home of the riots, lowriders and all that niggaz got a very worldwide type identity and r permanently on the map, new york got that hip hop shit and will forever stay on tha map, the rest of the cities in the country just gon follow these regions cuz everythang they do is just an imitation of these regions with a lil bit of they own flava like dago, they same as l.a. but they put they own lil dago twist on it i guess if u even wanna give that much credit, sorry just tha way it is........

Aug 15, 2004
www.ThisIsTheWestCoast.com
THIS THE BORDERLINE CITY, TRAFFIC IS CRAZY I DONT KNOW WE SIMILAR TO L.A. CUZ OF THE GANG BANGIN & WE SIMILAR TO THE BAY CUZ EVERYBODY OUT HERE IS DOING IT INDEPENDENT MAKING THEY OWN MONEY... IM ROUTING FOR MITCHY, JAYO, LIL C.S. ANYBODY PUTTIN IT DOWN FOR MY CITY NO MATTER WHERE YOU FROM.... AND YEA WHEN THAT QUEENIE LP DROPS ALOT OF HEADS ARE GOING TO BE TALKIN....

Jun 16, 2005
diego already has an identity and has been had one, it just hasnt been shrinkwrapped and made a commodity yet. if you havent lived your whole life in diego i dont think youre even classified to speak on it.

i like this thread so after i get into my early morning drinking and smoking zone im prolly back in it.

i had a quick talk with janet the other day and she brought up a interesting statement... sure you bang...but wheres your skills on the mic at? and that shit is hella true. its all good if you a banger and all but have your bars up on the mic tenfold. thats something we've been having. You listen to mooch massive and he bangin but when you peep his music he aint just set trippin all on the mic, he got some lyrical content and his flow is up. jayos always had that style no one else has. and theres a few other cats doing the same thing.. im not sayin to not rep your set, do that by all means...but to the niggas who i think the shoe fits with, just give a nigga some versatility...if you an MC you should be able to have that.

it seems like some niggas is just afraid to be themselves because they wont be accepted in the 'gangsta world'..niggas just need to be able to rap if thats what you gon do, or put the shit down and hit the corner bangin' with your feet movin. fuck it . and i aint sayin no names but some niggas is all talk no style and it comes across as some south east rambo shit.

another thing is i hope one day niggas can show cats who aint banging in diego some love in they own city, and kill the bias altogether with the C's and B's..i mean diego has a gang culture, but dont act like its the gaza strip.

this city has more than just blood and crips and if thats all were gonna talk about, shits gonna get stagnant before we're out the gate. theres alot of politics in this city, watch the news and open your eyes.. my old neighboorhood in PH was built on toxic waste (think of how that effected the life in the area), and imma speak on that to let niggas know what evil goes on behind the scenes in diego. both sides need to continue breaking the mold and having some sort of moderation in our music. dont just be a banger with a microphone cuz that realistically dont mean shit on a CD. and if you aint bangin, have the ability to talk about your city.. whether it be gang life, gentrification of the neighborhoods, how the border affects us, everything...because thats whats going on out here. you aint just gotta be on some space rap shit cuz youre not throwing up sets. theres more to diego than sherm sticks and black on black crime and i just wish niggas would represent san diego culture as a whole instead of they one little fuckin' section.

when i heard cricet and steve vicious say "were on some hip hop shit" on the rap or die...as a san diegan that made me feel good. i love gangsta rap like everyone else im just glad to see some skills and some style incorperated.

and thats gon' be our identity. san diegos gonna have to continue to flex styles and have versitility and break the barriers down as bieng original west coasters seperate from any other town. we got our own style and its in the heart of every producer and rapper out here. all they gotta do is take it from they heart and put it on a cd. fuck thinking up a gimmick to blow up or sounding like the next MC thats doing it big for diego, workin on rappin like jayo, all that stupid shit. like someone said, we need to be us. diego. nothing else. rep diego. from san ysidro on up to where them white people is.

Jul 3, 2002
www.SIR-MOJ.com
Coming from a Bay kat who spent 4 yrs in Daygo, it does seem like yall a Jr. L.A. with your own little twist. On the real though, some of the best heat I've heard has came from Daygo and thats real chop.

MITCHY SLICK

CEO/Artist WrongKind Records
Jan 29, 2003
WattsUp said:
^^^ spoken like a true kc nigga lol, ya'll niggaz aint got no identity thats why yal'l aint goin nowhere

and for the record i'm the nigga who made that post about dago aint got no identity and i just got post about i'm a hater n shit, now when this nigga cs post it everybody lickin his nutts lol funny

most of new orleans dress wuz taken from the west coast, with the white-ts and they so called "soulja rags" and they tattoos shit wuz stolen from los angeles , when the hot boys came out sportin white-ts thats when tha rest of the nation started doin that shit, but before that it wuz strictly l.a. niggaz (and probly dago niggaz since ya'll wuz bangin too)

but regardless Dago does not have its own identity there is nothin new or original about dago and if u aint got an identity yet, then i dont see it happenin, its somethin thats game that comes up on tha streets of where u live, los angeles and the bay area r both unique, the bay happens to be one of the rare places where that crip and blood shit is not poppin even tho its in cali, thats sayin alot cuz cities all over the country try and bang that shit, but the bay is ORIGINAL and dont do that, its the home of the panthers and tha mac and sideshows, niggaz got they own identity and is proud, now l.a. is the home of the c's and b's, home of the riots, lowriders and all that niggaz got a very worldwide type identity and r permanently on the map, new york got that hip hop shit and will forever stay on tha map, the rest of the cities in the country just gon follow these regions cuz everythang they do is just an imitation of these regions with a lil bit of they own flava like dago, they same as l.a. but they put they own lil dago twist on it i guess if u even wanna give that much credit, sorry just tha way it is........
I AINT NEVER TRIED TO BE LIKE NO L.A. NIGGA.WHEN I WAS A BG COMIN UP,WE DIDNT EVEN KNOW IT WAS CRIPS AND BLOODS IN L.A. DIDNT EVEN GIVE A FUCK.NIGGAS WASNT RAPPIN ABOUT BEIN BLOODS AND CRIPS BACK THEN SO IT WAS NO WAY FOR A 7 OR 8 YEAR OLD TO KNOW.I WAS TRYIN TO BE LIKE MY BIG HOMIES THAT WAS CRACKIN SINCE THE 70'S.DAGO MUZIC DONT EVEN SOUND LIKE L.A. MUZIC ANYWAY'S.MOST OF THE NEW L.A. ARTIST IM HEARIN NOW SOUND LIKE NEW YORK NIGGAS.AINT ONE STREET RAPPER FROM DAGO THAT HAS A NEW YORK STYLE OR SWAG.MY L.A. NIGGAS WILL EVEN TELL U THAT ALOT OF THE NEW L.A. RAPPERS SOND A LIL EASTY.THE SAME WAY I'LL TELL U THAT A GANG OF THESE LOST DAGO YOUNGSTER'S IS REACHIN TOWARDS THE BAY FOR THEIR NEW IDENTITY.NOT MUZICLY BUT EVERYDAY KAT'S AT THE CLUB AND HIGHSCHOOLS.ALL THE PLACES WHERE THE GANGBANGA'S AINT.THAT'S JUST MOMENTARILY.IT'S ABOUT TO THIS NEW DAGO SHIT NOW.BMW "BIG MONEY WRONGKIND".ALL MY DAGO NIGGAS FINNA GET IT TOGETHER.IT AINT EVEN HARD.THE G'S OR THE NIGGAS THAT KNOW WHAT'S HATNIN,JUST GOT TO STAY ON THESE NIGGAS HEADS.LET UM KNOW THAT CHANGIN THEIR WHOLE GET DOWN EVERY TIME A NEW RAPPER COME OUT IS SOME BUSTER SHIT.CALI NIGGAS WEARIN EARINGS LIKE CAMRON IS NOT US.THAT'S RIDDIN ANOTHER MANS DICK.THAT'S BUSTER SHIT.JUST CAUSE IT'S ON T.V. DONT MEAN U GOTTA DO THAT.LONG AS A NIGGA GOT HIS BREAD RITE HE CAN KNOCK ANY BITCH HE WANTS WIT SOME SWEATS AND HOUSESHOES ON.GET YO CARS AND HUSTLE UP.NOT YOUR FAKE EARINGS AND FAKE JEWELS UP.THESE NIGGAS GONE LOOK BACK AT THEY SELF IN A YEAR AND FEEL LIKE SOME HOMO'S WIT THEY DOUBLE EDGEUP'S AND PINK BUTTON UP'S.P.S REMEMBER YALL,AINT ONE NIGGA FROM THE WEST EVER WENT PLATINUM THAT DIDNT WEAR DICKIES.EVEN DRE STILL ROCK DICKIES AND LEVI'S EVERYTIME.WEST COAST IS GANGSTA.MAC DRE WAS A GANGSTA FIRST.P.S.S. MY BAY NIGGAS IS BLOODS AND NOT JUST SAYIN BLOOD LIKE BAY NIGGAS DO.MITCHY MESSY MARV ALBUM IS ALREADY DONE.WHAT'S BRACKIN GUCE NITTY?

Jun 9, 2004
LIL C.S. said:
I've been thinkin' about this the last couple of days, and just lookin' at the rap game as a whole, and what I came to realize is, is that Dago doesn't have it's own identity, as far as the rest of the nation is concerned. And that's what we need in order to actually blow. Follow me on this.

Now as far as California's concerned LA is known NATIONWIDE for gang bangin', and the Bay has their own thang too, with the slang, cars etc. But WHAT'S OURS? Now I'm seein' some young niggaz in Dago acting like they're from the Bay, and the rest of Dago niggaz in the streets are bangin'. But to the REST of the Country, if we came out on some gang bang shit it would look like we're following LA,(even though Dago niggaz and essays have been bangin' since the late 60's early 70's). And if we came out with the Bay niggaz style it would look like we're following the Bay. We don't have our own identity to make us unique!

For example look at New Orleans when they blew, they had their own talk, dress, sound, culture etc. The same with Houston with their culture, and Atlanta too. And now the Bay is blowing bac up with their own slang, sound, style and culture! What do we have to say is our own culture that people will grasp and feel nationwide that's different from the rest of the country sayin' we're following LA or the Bay???? Don't get me wrong, we have a gang of talent, but look at all the cities that blew up, they had their own uniqueness. We really don't have our own slang (a little bit, but...), and if MTV did "on the bloc in Dago", what would we have to offer besides sayin' that we bang. That shit is old homies(especially to the rest of the world). I seen somebody post on here sayin' "is EDM even active anymore". WHO GIVES A FUC ABOUT THAT STUPID SHIT. I know I got more than 5 homies than own homes (including me), in THEIR OWN NAME, all from legal money, and 3 were in the feds with me. And none of my homies are pro athletes! This rap shit bought my house, and 300 on 22's, so I ain't really trippin' on tryin' to blow up to superstar level. My shit is legit(I file a Shc. C and 1065 every year on my taxes. Anybody with a real business know's what I'm talkin' about). I'm puttin' this out there for the young Dago niggaz comin' up that got heat. Try to come up with a new angle to make us unique!!!!

Even though we know bangin' is not new to us. Shit ALL of us grew up in it, and that's all some of us know, but still the REST of the world is still going to think we're following LA, with the Crip and Blood shit. I'm not sayin' don't represent, but that can't be our selling point to the world, because it won't get accepted, especially when people don't think Dago is ghetto or gangsta anyway. And believe me, I'm NOT trying to discourage, I'm tryin' to encourage!

And I don't think the gang bang rap is going to blow us up, because personally I don't even really want to hear that shit too much. I want to hear niggaz spit, that's going to motivate me to get on my hustle. Some intelligent street turned businessman shit. That's the page I'm on. Like I said in the song I did with the Jetsons "I took a jail business plan/and became a businessman/the transformation of a hustla is what your witnessin'.... I'm tryna' to inspire my street niggaz to be businessman, even if you start off with illegal money, but fuc illegal money, cuz real gangstaz want successful businesses. I know I got off topic, but all I'm sayin' is we need another angle to come at the world, where niggaz worldwide are going to feel us, and not think we're following the Bay or LA! I remember some nigga from LA on here said that in a post, that all Dago does is follow LA or the Bay, and that's how outsiders look at us(even though we know different). And it's fucced up, because the way the game is set up, we have to go to LA to get put on, and get accepted by them. And on the real a lot of LA niggaz really look down on Dago niggaz. The real ones know what I'm talkin' about.

The rap game is constantly changing. It's to the point now where skills aren't even a major factor. Look at all the average popular rappers, including Young Jeezy and others. Don't get me wrong, I like Young Jeezy, but it's his content, and the fact that Atlanta has their OWN thang that got him over. So if we don't come up with somethin' that's our own to the rest of the world, we're going to have a long uphill battle in this rap game. So to all the new young niggaz with heat in Dago try to come up with somethin' that's our own style. Or to the rest of Dago, we probably already have our own style, and culture, and we don't realize yet. I don't know, but we better do somethin', because I hate when people say we're following the Bay or LA, and we still strugglin in this game. Come wit' it Dago niggaz!!!! I know you got it in you!!!! And believe me, like I said earlier, I'm not tryin' to discourage, I'm tryin' to encourage!
the way i do it is: i rep SD & WESTCOAST, but i dont do it over traditional WESTCOAST BEATS & im VERY lyrical.

if you dont SOUND westcoast, but REP westcoast, you get MUCH love........... ive gotten some huge connects based on the style right there. so i think it has to do more with our music, than our image. we let alot of bullshit emcees sell records in our city/county based on they STREET REP. FUCK THAT, lets base it on TALENT. em didnt have no credit, he got detroit to blow the FUCK up. im trying to get that eminem money. man, fuck that - id be happy withthat obie trice money.

alot of dago needs to step up they bar game.