What's gonna be the next city in the South to blow up?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
SF
It started off with Miami back in the day, then Houston Memphis New Orleans and Atlanta had their turn in the limelight. what's gonna be the next city to blow up big?

Apr 25, 2002
SF
yea ATL is holding it down right now

Who are some Alabama folks I should check out? I havent really heard much from there..

Aug 7, 2002
dirty
this one label called ''world wide head quarterz'' i know them foreal and heard some of there stuff real heat stuff..umm thats bout all i know lol

lifesourcerec

The 865 Archive
Oct 15, 2003
www.steelsolid.net
hehe since when was Alabama & Mississippi was a city? :)

Knoxville, TN! The beginning is Dirt Bag who is originally from here, but resides in Miami. He still rep. Knoxville though. He's in the new XXL in the show and prove section. There is another group that's about to blow up, followed by another like a domino effect.

May 10, 2002
www.flagshiprecords.de
lifesourcerec said:
hehe since when was Alabama & Mississippi was a city? :)

Knoxville, TN! The beginning is Dirt Bag who is originally from here, but resides in Miami. He still rep. Knoxville though. He's in the new XXL in the show and prove section. There is another group that's about to blow up, followed by another like a domino effect.

maan, i was in knoxville this summer visiting some friends over there. i was wondering about the rap scene there but i didn't really meet anybody into rap at all unfortunately. most people riding by were blasting memphis sound outta their cars though. the only thing i heard was something about a CD called "knocks from the ville" or something....

can you hook me up with some sounds from the town man?

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I could see Houstons underground scene re-blowing up that city. Theres so much talent there, Paul Wall, Chamillionaire, HAWK, Lil O, Lil Keke, MDDL FNGZ, Mike Jones, etc...

Apr 25, 2002
SF
yea there seems to be a new generation of Houston artists that are doin big things.

Jackson MS has been gettin some attention too..

can some of yaw post up some websites for those groups/people you mentioned? i might wanna check that shit out..

lifesourcerec

The 865 Archive
Oct 15, 2003
www.steelsolid.net
UnLieutenant said:
maan, i was in knoxville this summer visiting some friends over there. i was wondering about the rap scene there but i didn't really meet anybody into rap at all unfortunately. most people riding by were blasting memphis sound outta their cars though. the only thing i heard was something about a CD called "knocks from the ville" or something....

can you hook me up with some sounds from the town man?
The rap scene ain't covered much locally because the clubs won't let the press in. Hit me up via e-mail.

May 10, 2002
www.flagshiprecords.de
Filthy_Rich said:
Austin, TX. There's crazy talent in south austin. I was down there in the summer. The shit is craccin over there
i heard about a dude from ATX named "pimp b" or somethin. who else is from there?

it seems like alotta h-town artists have shows in austin (like trae's release party and such). why's that? i mean it's only two hours but is it that much more crackin over there?

Apr 25, 2002
Knoxville

I have one cut from a Knoxville group that is real good. They're called M.O.B. Affiliated and the song is "Ghetto Life" its a real smooth song and the woman who sings it does a good job. It's on my Southern compilation so Knoxville is right on there with ATL, MEMPHIS and New Orleans on that cd.