What would make the bay blow up?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 16, 2002
What do yall think would make the bay as big as LA, NY, or the south. What could all the artists do to get on MTV and BET everyday. What would it take for when a new rapper comes out the bay he gets instant respect from the mainstream. Do u think this can or ever will happen?

I think right now e40s in the right direction. The bay needs to get like 10 or 20 artists that can put out shit everyone will like. Right now I think the bays vocals are on point but we need the production. I mean once in a while u get some sik ass beats but its no where near as consitant as we are lyrically. Hella videos would help too.

4sDeuces&Trays

Ain't Nobody Gafflin' Me
Apr 25, 2002
Maryland
nah seriously, whole areas dont blow up anymore. yall can stop waiting for the bay to "blow up". an artist might blow up, but he aint gonna bring the whole bay with him. look at nelly, he blew up, but most rappers in STL still hella underground

Apr 25, 2002
all someone has to do is make a song with a catchy hook for the ladies. Once they eat it up the rest of the country will. Niggas is probably not goin' be to feelin' it, but in reality i don't feel most of the shit i see on t.v. Sell your god damn soul, but then flip the script on these bitches and come hard on your next single so you get respect from the hoggs too. Theres a blueprint to this game, learn it, then manipulate it.

:dead:

Apr 26, 2002
G-MUSIC.NET
187 THATS REAL TALK.

1)RADIO PLAY
2)ALL BAY ARTIST GET BEHIND EACH OTHER AND BUY EACH OTHER SHIT.
3)BREAK DOWN THESE "OH HE FROM HERE"WAYS
4)NOT THE SAME OL I KILLED HIM IN A CUTTY ON GOLD ONES ALBUM.
5)MORE SHOWS"WITH OUT FUNK"
6)STOP FLOODING THE MARKET WITH WEAK SHIT.

7)SOME TIGHT SHIT..........................

May 2, 2002
backing from majors who will promote the shit out of your cd. quality doesn't mean shit anymore. trust me, once they play your track on the radio 200 times a day all across the country your gonna go platinum. this "we don't support are own" or "the bay doesn't have quality production" is bull shit. the big record labels control what gets played and what doesn't. they decide what people will like and what they won't. ya'll need to open your eyes up to the big picture.

May 29, 2002
what r u talkin bout whole areas dont blow up anymore? i'd say new orleans, VA, Memphis, stl all have blown up recently.

as for what the bay needs is several more solidly produced albums like e-40s. i think what san quinn and done deal are doing is on point. with what Chuck is talkin bout doing with quinn on the done deal board, it sounds like Quinn's album is gonna be the shit. also the mobfigaz are on the right track and are a catchy radio friendly song away from entering into main stream territory.

May 3, 2002
What we need to do is start getting serious about this rap shit and bring it up some notches by stepping up lyrically harder.
The average shit being spat day by day is nothing impressive. If everyone's spitting average shit all over the place, how will the Bay stand out? It's like a can of worms... only the different ones will stand out.
All these rappers and producers getting in the game for their monetary needs make things worse.

May 18, 2002
Shit, a few things are just obvious:

Don't focus on party music, because the south and the east will always do that better.

It's time to shift our focus. Let's be about politics, real talk, lessons, poetry, politics, real shit... not fake party shit about how many bitches you busted in your car...

Am I alone in this?

Jul 19, 2002
Caput187um said:
Shit, a few things are just obvious:

Don't focus on party music, because the south and the east will always do that better.

It's time to shift our focus. Let's be about politics, real talk, lessons, poetry, politics, real shit... not fake party shit about how many bitches you busted in your car...

Am I alone in this?
No, u r not alone. But u'll agree that they won't get more listeners this way, especially not the Mtv Bet masses. But hey, that's a good thang, there are not many quality records out that sell good.
I say let the artists make enuff scrilla to live, keep em hungry and let me listen to that tite music comin outta the bay!

May 18, 2002
Well, I don't mind shit that isn't political, or shit that has no point to it, as long as it has some quality(Dre 2001 for example).

Still, I don't like(and I won't buy) straight party shit. If I wanted party shit, I'd go cop a cash money CD or something...

4sDeuces&Trays

Ain't Nobody Gafflin' Me
Apr 25, 2002
Maryland
bayGIANTS said:
what r u talkin bout whole areas dont blow up anymore? i'd say new orleans, VA, Memphis, stl all have blown up recently.
Who's blown up from memphis other than Three 6 Mafia/HCP??

Who's blown up from New orleans beside No Limit/Cash Money??

Who the fuck ever blew up in VA?? unless u talkin bout timbaland and missy's fat ass

who's blown up in STL besides Nelly and the St. Lunafags?

my point exactly. ARTISTS/labels from certain areas may blow-up, but they aint takin the whole area with them.

thc

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
More consistant, TIGHT production, not these half-ass albums made in less than a week, but still need MAJOR radio support (as much as I hate to admit it), every 3 hours your lucky to hear a BAY artist getting airplay