What type of software do you all use?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 13, 2009
At the moment, i am just running Adobe Audition 3.0 with a few VST plug ins for recording purposes. Just been getting my beats of VTZ and Probangers until i find a program (other than fruity loops) to make beats off of.

Any suggestions??

Jul 29, 2009
East Palo Alto, Ca
I use this, http://www.presonus.com/products/SoftwareDetail.aspx?SoftwareId=11, its called Studio one, I bought a Presonus Firewire interface and it came with it, and its Great quality sound

in my opinion its one of the best programs if ever worked with in my studio, or even others. But still I think it depends on how good you are with working the program yourself, and how good of an interface you have. Interfaces and Mics are the thing you should be worrying about not the program, interfaces are what made my studio way better. Not the program.

Also is great for beats. Comes with some loops already in it

Aug 13, 2009
The mic i have is decent, i am just seeing if there are any programs that are a bit simpler in making tracks as far as mixing and mastering the vocals go. Thats probably my biggest concern.

Mar 17, 2010
I GOT THAT ADOBE AUDITION,COOL EDIT PRO,SONAR LE,CU BASE,I'VE BEEN LOOKING INTO FUCKING WIT PRO TOOLS BUT IM GOING TO HAVE TO GET A BETTER INTERFACE SOON..I JUST CAME UP ON A FREE AND BRAND NEW YAMAHA MG102C MIXER YESTERDAY

Aug 13, 2009
I GOT THAT ADOBE AUDITION,COOL EDIT PRO,SONAR LE,CU BASE,I'VE BEEN LOOKING INTO FUCKING WIT PRO TOOLS BUT IM GOING TO HAVE TO GET A BETTER INTERFACE SOON..I JUST CAME UP ON A FREE AND BRAND NEW YAMAHA MG102C MIXER YESTERDAY
What do you find better to use....Adobe or Cool Edit? Or do you use them for different shit.

This is a little piece me and a cousin of mine did a couple days ago just using Adobe Audition.

Tree_s V4.mp3 - 3.28MB

Not that good but we are still learning how to mix/master tracks and what not....

Aug 13, 2009
I didnt pay for my adobe audition so its cool, friend of mine had an extra copy.

But ill be sure to look up some tutorials later on. Who knows, might actually post another song up just to show my progress....

Nov 14, 2002
heres something you guys might like and its FREE.some say it rivals ProTools as far as "Easy to work with" and some say its better than protools cause if your comp isnt that great with speed and a little memory reaper will work with you instead of giving you the finger lol...

http://www.reaper.fm/download.php

i tried it a few times and it seems pretty coo as far as recording go.but im a Nuendo head and that wont change no time soon.:cool: