WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THIS BOARD AND BAY LUV????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 24, 2004
Jae Reekay said:
Excuse you?How am i "hiding" behind a screen?My name is Jesse Lincoln Rice...birthdate April 24th,1978...born in Seattle...raised part time in NY and All over the 6...from High Point to The Central...
u forgot to give up ur social security card number.

Jul 20, 2002
DUTCH-F.E said:
when an artist drops everyone has to support it. if you are a rapper its hard to set your ego aside and support another rapper. lets just be real. we have more rapper, producer, promoter, dj, managers in the bay than we have fans. THATS IS THE REALEST THING I PROBABLY EVER TYPED ON THIS SITE.
Thing is....I said those very same words Dutch. I sat on here and typed that we all need to choose a couple of rappers here in the Bay and push them hella hard to the rest of the world through word of mouth and call and write campaigns. It was my idea to choose a label from the BART board and have us all call in to the radio to request their shit. And that was before the On The Block Show at KMEL started showing us some love. It's like Von or Scotty said on here before......radio is only part of what we all need to be doing. When I suggested we try to get Quinn on 106 and Park, people on Siccness laughed at me like it was impossible. If enough of us want something they are going to notice somewhere. We need to support each other. When I go out and promote my music on the street or at clubs it's harder than a mutha because everybody you try to sell a cd to is a rapper or producer themselves. Shit is rough. It's one of the reasons Too Short came from LA to the Bay back in the day the game was saturated in LA already. Then he moved to Atlanta when the Bay got too big for it's britches. Independent game has made the Bay into the Rapper Capital of the world IMO.

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
I ONLY READ & POST ON THREADS THAT CATCH MY EYE BUT IT'S A LOT EASIER WHEN THE SHIT TALKING IS ELIMINATED...WHY DON'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND YOU CAN'T REALLY GET RESPECT OR PROVE A POINT BY FUNKIN BACC & FORTH..EVEN I KNOW THAT & I'M USUALLY ON SOME GET IT OUTTA MY SYSTEM SHIT OR GET IN SOMEONE'S HEAD TYPE SHIT NOT LET'S ARGUE BACC & FORTH..SOME OF THESE THREADS CAN BE SOLID EDUCATION 4 THE DON'T KNOWS IF THEY COULD THINK BEFORE THEY TYPE & STOP TRYING 2 PASS JUDGEMENT..WE ALL MAY NOT GET ALONG BUT SOME OF US HAVE A GOOD COMPREHENSION OF WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON & CAN GIVE SOME POSITIVE INPUT..

Dec 20, 2003
the bay need a real type of major lable someone that aint a rapper producer or wutever there need to be a nice budjet we need someone like a lyor choen or russle simmons ect someone that really knows the bizz the bay realy has nuthin like that everyone is there own ceo and u either sink or swim if everyone is talkin about nobody in the bay is winning well then that shows the lack of bay support from both sides as an artist and a fan Unity is key to anything power in numbers can help like sav said as for me im an artist and honestly all the talk about the bay is garbage or cant come back is gettin a lil tyring because there are some artists that are makin great music me i listin to everyone wheather u have a name or its ur first song u ever recorded and put it on soundclick all music at least deserves a chance imo and im not afraid to say that someone is tight i am fellin alot of my peers music in this shit i buy the albums even if the artist wanted to give me a free copy i say no i would rather buy it to support you the bay has talent people just really need to check for it we are in a negative state because of all the negative comment if a person tells them self everyday that they are wack and there is no way we can come back (the bay) well than thats wut u believe its medicaly been proven and thats wut we all start to belive that there is no hope thus if there is no hope y give these artists a chance and support them that is the atitude of most people in the bay as far as consumers and critics go when in all actuality if u give some music a chance u might like it yes even bay music well i have been rambling i hope this made some sence good luck to everyone pz

Apr 25, 2002
TAY CAPONE1 said:
I THINK THE KEY 2 SUCCESS IS A POWERHOUSE LABEL WHERE THE ARTISTS ARE HAPPY & THE BUSINESS IS NOT A SECRET & EVERYONE IS LEARNING WHILE HAVING FUN,SELLING RECORDS,GAINING NOTORIETY,ETC.I MEAN THE INDEPENT GAME HAS BEEN GOOD & PROSPEROUS 2 SOME BUT THE GENERAL PUBLIC LIKES 2 SEE A STRONG TEAM...EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT A FAN OF THE G-UNIT'S & LIL JON'S YOU HAVE 2 RESPECT THEIR FORMULA IF IT'S WORKING.
This is one of the single most important statements that can be made and it's full of 100% truth. Hopefully these cats will soak your words & understand what it is you're saying.

Apr 25, 2002
TAY CAPONE1 said:
YEH,BUT WHO'S REALLY DOIN IT?THE WORLD IS SO FUNNY THAT MOST PEOPLE FOCUS ON INDEPENDENCE & THAT MEANS SELF WHICH MEANS SELFISH & NO 1 PERSON CAN BRING THE BAY BACC OR THE WEST BACC...NO 1 PERSON CAN SELL A MILLION RECORDS BY THEMSELVES..I KNOW BACC WHEN AWOL WAS ON TOP THE BUSINESS WASN'T RIGHT BUT WE HAD SOLID STREET TEAMS,MAJOR NETWORKING GOING ON & WE WERE ALLIES WITH CERTAIN LABELS & INDUSTRY OUTLETS...THE COMPETITION FACTOR IS ALWAYS PRESENT IN CALI BUT IF SOME OF THESE INDY LABELS LET GO OF THE "INDEPENDENT DREAM" 4 A WHILE & MAYBE MERGED WITH ANOTHER LABEL THAT WAS SOMEWHAT SUCCESSFUL MAYBE MORE PROGRESS COULD BE MADE.THE PUBLIC WILL NEVER BE ABLE 2 FOCUS ON 250 DIFFERENT LABELS...NAMES WILL BE THROWN AROUND BUT I THINK THE KEY 2 SUCCESS IS A POWERHOUSE LABEL WHERE THE ARTISTS ARE HAPPY & THE BUSINESS IS NOT A SECRET & EVERYONE IS LEARNING WHILE HAVING FUN,SELLING RECORDS,GAINING NOTORIETY,ETC.I MEAN THE INDEPENT GAME HAS BEEN GOOD & PROSPEROUS 2 SOME BUT THE GENERAL PUBLIC LIKES 2 SEE A STRONG TEAM...EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT A FAN OF THE G-UNIT'S & LIL JON'S YOU HAVE 2 RESPECT THEIR FORMULA IF IT'S WORKING.
i agree 100%, i feel as a young starr i missed out on the oppurtunity to belong to something that mattered in the rap game...glp, awol camp, fogtown camp, the click camp, young black brotha/strictly business camps, they really meant somethin, it seemed like people were having the time of their lives and learning something at the same time, just like death row in its heydey

gotta give it up to b-12 tho, cus no matter what differences you may have had, ,he really tried to create an outlet for all of us
but like you also said, not one man can bring the bay back, ,and i think maybe too many people were looking for hand outs from him, instead of trying to help him really do something

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
ok now here is the hard part. pick who gets to move forward and who gets left behind....

you cant do it. too much selfishness and not enough selflessness. if i told you, you suck. would i be a truth teller or a hater? thats the problem. there is not 1 god of bay area rap who decides who is who, or what is what. i believe in my camp 100%. taydatay, a-wax, smigg dirtee, jaytee from n2deep, b-12,syko, and myself. and i believe we could make a run if people would listen. but the next artist/label gonna say the same shit. i would never put another rapper ahead of folks if they on the same level as we are or lesser than. so how do we divise a program to where someone, or some label gets all the "support"?? it cant happen.

and you remember i said this. once the rest of the country gets as many rappers/indie labels as the bay has rap is done. finished. finalized. DEAD. we are killing ourselves in our own back yard so to speak.

when a newyork mix tape drops they push 5-10 thousand no problem. the south drops an artist indie style they liable to sell 20,000 out the trunk hand to hand. the bay drops an album we pray for 1,000 and if you are quinn or messy you might get 5,000-15,000. thats it. period.

im all with networking. but i aint fuckin with no new booty dude with his nose in the air like his shit dont stink. i been through the trenches of rap life. i had deals, i went on tour, i made money. and i aint shit. so what makes me want to work with "newbooty mc"?? and what makes "newbooty mc" wanna work with me??? too much hate and i have a dose or 2 in me as well i aint gonna front like im perfect. the bottom line again is show me a method of money makin that aint been touched destroyed in the bay about rap music and im all for it. until then i guess me and my team will connect with who we connect with and thats a wrap.

good luck to all of you. hopefully we all have great years in 2005, but realisticly i highly doubt it.

Nov 28, 2002
i think the problem with this board is cats be on that 92-96 era of bay shit too hard and expect all the unity and great things that happened back than to happen again. thats why the term is the bay is BACK.

you either rap or know somebody who does so cats be stickin wit their teams. the bay is a special place when it comes to rap music, but the animosity definately comes into play.

regardless if TBIB or not, it dont matter. ima always remember where im from but im not thinkin bay im thinkin international. the bay is my home and my start but i aint gonna sit back here and wait i feel obligated to do somethin.

together lets represent everywhere

Apr 25, 2002
dutch, i'm not coming down on your opinion

but what you're sayin, i don't really get, or feel

good music is good music...point blank

and, i gotta tell people(this is not to you dutch, this is too everyone) you can hate me all you want

but who gives a fuck if you're from the bay?
yes i have pride that i'm from the bay, shit my group is named after san francisco...
but i will not let where i live dictate my art...
cus this rap thing is more then where i live...
i can be in idaho and still love rap music

Oct 19, 2004
im not clowning im just saying, noone is doing 30,000 no more from here
Thats statement is absolutely false. Keak and yuk all do those numbers every time they drop and Mac Dre also does those numbers periodically. The Team is on its way to 30,000 as we speak. So there are some cats doin big ubderground number out here still.

PS this shit is gettin real fuckin old. Everybody thinkd they know what the problem wit the bay is and blah blah blah. Why dont everybody just sit back and let shit happen instead of making these dumb ass repetitive threads about this same shit everyday.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
moe, your opinions are just that. as are mine. dont trip off voicing yourself. i aint a "high on the hogg" ass muthafucka. if you speakin real and from the heart then so be it dog.
this aint about reppin the bay when you elsewhere, its about fixxing the problems at home. right here in the bay. and my call is, if you aint a part of the answer you are a part of the problem. too many wack albums, too many wack beats, and too many dick riders gassin these wack individuals to keep fuckin up bay rap. i could sit here and tell you who i think sucks ass but it will only be met with hate on myself, my camp, and or funk in the streets so it aint worth it to hurt feelings on here. i know what i have to do. and thats have fun and rap. what ever happens, happens. quality shit from me from here on out. i hope you all take that as a road to riches also.

well im out. im going to sleep. take this back up tomorrow. breathe

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
keak dont do 30,000 no more. yuk is on a major (rap a lot records) so exactly how is that underground? and mac dre was a leader in the bay area rap scene for 12 years or so. and the team just signed with upstairs/universal so it better be on its way to 30,000. so basicly, yeah you proved my point. the average rapper, hell even the frontline record with 200 spins a week on kmel aint did 10,000 in the bay. i know my shit bro. im just being a realist, not a hater . i dont make the threads im just responding.

peace, and god bless.

Apr 25, 2002
well , my problem with the bay, and everywhere else for that matter, is people not following they're heart, just doin whatevers popular at the time

if you like spittin about plain ole gangsta shit, well gon head...but if you stay rappin like that, and livin like that, just cus it's what you're su pposed to do, then man, you need to stop followin...

a few original ideas come up every year, and most people spend the next three trying to emulate that...
rap is for innovators, always has been

Oct 19, 2004
keak dont do 30,000 no more. yuk is on a major (rap a lot records) so exactly how is that underground?
Actually Keaks last two REAL solo albums "counting other peoples money", and "hi tek" not that shit he just puts out for skrill both did 30,000 and thats a documented fact. And since when did Rap a Lot become a major label? They are in fact an Independent label loaded with nothing but underground artist (except Scarface). You might wanna research what the difference between a MAJOR label and an Independent Label is before stating things like that.

I also know my shit and i'm not attacking you at all just stating the FACTS.

Jul 9, 2004
well.......getting to the original post in this thread. Yeah a lot of the threads on this site are about nothin but BS....but like Tay said a lot of threads on here are filled with intelligent posts and intelligent conversations, and a lot can be learned and shared from different cats. To use as an example the BA is snitchin is a stupid thread, well I personally wanna know if an artist is a rat, because I will not support, and dont care if he made the best music in the world, and I think i speak for most honorable, stand up people, who have been in the game, and would feel the same way. So to thebayisthesco, you wouold support a snitch? So what does that make you? I think that Dutch and Tay both kept it real, and both had excellent posts. What is the answer for the BAY? Who knows. What I do know is that I have 500 cd's in my colection, and used to cop every album and compilation that came out of the bay. Now, I don't hardly cop anything from the bay. Why? Because like Dutch said, most of the cd's are garbage, and waayyyyayyayayyay too many rappers and producers who aint shit, give the " Bay Are rap scene " a bad name. Now we have cats like the Federation, and the Team reppin the Bay? I'm sorry, but I will not waste my money on that GARBAGE........I would rather throw in that old 11/5, or that Westcoast Trippin, or that Who Got It comp, or any number of cd's than play that "Hyphy" yellin and screamin fuckin bs. They call that music? I call it a fad. Moral of the story is, way too many rappers, producers, dj's, promoters, everybody wants to be a fuckin rock star, and only few have the talent. And that is the realest statement that I've read about rap on this board. THERE ARE MORE RAPPERS, PRODUCERS, PROMOTERS, DJ'S, WANNA BE BUSINESS MEN, THEN THERE ARE RAP FANS IN THE BAY.

Jan 20, 2003
WestcoastPI said:
well.......getting to the original post in this thread. Yeah a lot of the threads on this site are about nothin but BS....but like Tay said a lot of threads on here are filled with intelligent posts and intelligent conversations, and a lot can be learned and shared from different cats. To use as an example the BA is snitchin is a stupid thread, well I personally wanna know if an artist is a rat, because I will not support, and dont care if he made the best music in the world, and I think i speak for most honorable, stand up people, who have been in the game, and would feel the same way. So to thebayisthesco, you wouold support a snitch? So what does that make you? I think that Dutch and Tay both kept it real, and both had excellent posts. What is the answer for the BAY? Who knows. What I do know is that I have 500 cd's in my colection, and used to cop every album and compilation that came out of the bay. Now, I don't hardly cop anything from the bay. Why? Because like Dutch said, most of the cd's are garbage, and waayyyyayyayayyay too many rappers and producers who aint shit, give the " Bay Are rap scene " a bad name. Now we have cats like the Federation, and the Team reppin the Bay? I'm sorry, but I will not waste my money on that GARBAGE........I would rather throw in that old 11/5, or that Westcoast Trippin, or that Who Got It comp, or any number of cd's than play that "Hyphy" yellin and screamin fuckin bs. They call that music? I call it a fad. Moral of the story is, way too many rappers, producers, dj's, promoters, everybody wants to be a fuckin rock star, and only few have the talent. And that is the realest statement that I've read about rap on this board. THERE ARE MORE RAPPERS, PRODUCERS, PROMOTERS, DJ'S, WANNA BE BUSINESS MEN, THEN THERE ARE RAP FANS IN THE BAY.
ok u are right with a lot of that shit. WHEN DID I SAY I SUPPORT A SNITCH???????????????????????????????????? DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH I NEVER SAID I SUPPORT B.A. OR HUSALAH. I'VE BEEN KNOWING BOUT THAT B.A. SHIT FOR A LONG TIME BEFORE EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD STARTED TALKING ABOUT IT. WILL I BUY A HUSALAH OR B.A. CD?? FUCK NO. I DON'T SUPPORT THAT SHIT. DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH I NEVER ONCE SAID I DON'T CARE IF THEY'RE SNITCHING. THAT POINT ABOUT THE OVERSATURATION IS THE PROBLEM.

ya i don't mind seeing randomass threads sometimes. but when u go on and see the same exact shit going back and forth for weeks it does get old.