WHAT THE FUCC DO U WANT!!!???!!!???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2003
www.myspace.com
on some real shit... i know we've discussed this before, but i wanna retouch the subject.
I see muthafuccaz complaining about the state of the West and hip hop in general... BUT what steps are any of yall willing to take to make improvements.
and FIY... a mixtape wont do the tricc...

SEE ME... i got 3-4 albums written and produced on my table that i have been more than reluctant to release due to the timing and shitty distribution deals.
but at the end of the day...

it comes down to me holdin on to this shit cuz the standards keep changing.
i wanna put out "ALBUMS, records, works of art" not a mixtape or collection of random songs...
THEME is everything in music...
so i ask you, the fans, to play a role in this shit...

WHAT THE FUCC DO YOU WANT????

is it conceptual rap???.. i got that.
good ol 90's Gangsta shit??? ... i dib and dab for yall but this is 2009, and i've done to much as a young gangbanger to be aimlessley makin songs about the shit...
club bangers?... ehh, i only do what i know... im not a club goer myself
but i can make a bangin ass house party tracc... cuz im a baccyard booze sippin, bone slappin, laid bacc ass nigga cuzz... lol

but on a serious tip:
i fear for the west cuz so many niggaz out here complain about the lacc of deals and attention but noone wants to be the one to break the chain...
and honestly i'll eat 95% of yall alive

peace to el prez, mykestro, clinton wayne, uni, raine, young sau, Ecay and all the others i forgot out there makin not just quality music but UNIQUE music

chuuuch

May 2, 2003
www.myspace.com
im bein myself... but what i mean is... what type of album are niggaz anticipatin... cuz there are a million mixtapes released everyday
(no shortage of westcoast music) yet noone seems to be happy with it

i dont blame them... 90% of it succs

i dunno... just thinkin out loud i guess... thanks for the feedbacc though duce

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
Fa sho. No problem.

Me personally I dont expect too much nowadays because I've been let down so many times by my favorite artist and other artist alike.

But "I" always look towards that gangsta/fonk shit.....and that also can transfer into the club.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i wish someone with the skill of professional book writing would write an albums raps and pick the soundtrack (the beats) accordingly...and then somehow have the skill of an actor when speaking it on track

will that ever happen? probably not...

so ill settle for people dropping whatever they feel...as long as you worked hard at it...it should be respected

id like to see more humor/comedy in rap

the first pharcyde album made me laugh..

Apr 2, 2005
Hav at least a album worth of matierial before makin an album. If all you got is im the hardest nigga, i smoke the best, fuck my haters, dont even bother. Dont follow the formula they set for you like one street song, then a song for the ladies etc.....I wanna see niggas drop dvds wit they album it helps if you see a rapper on the block in the studio just goin thru tha everyday. Thats just off the top bored at work

May 30, 2006
To the person that started this thread.....Who is part of this 95% u said u could eat up.....I'm very curious to know cuz I listened to the songs on your Myspace page and u ain't no Jayo, X-Raided, Domination or Rich The Factor ur damn self.....Not tryin to diss u at all but thats just my opinion.

U also sound very confused about what direction u wanna take with ur art cuz u ask the people what do we want then go on to talk about what u ain't gonna rap about and what form of music ur sticking to.....If ur gonna do that then whats the point of asking ur original question?

Most artist never ask the fans what they want.....They just record the album and make it as qaulity as they can and put it out.....Thats the formula u need to run with.

And theres nothing wrong with mixtapes.....I think the West Coast has fucked up the mixtape game to a extent cuz they be out here trying to push mixtapes like they are real albums with ads and release dates.....Mixtapes are for promotion and should be dropped w/o warning.....I say drop one about two months prior to the release date of ur album just to get the streets talking.

Just my opinion

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
I personally think whats missing is Reality!. Artists need to Wake up... make music you like and music that says something about you...do not make music like someone else cause its the thing to do...
In another post i was askin questions ,but the answers were predictable. I want to know why any artist feels they have to rap a certain way..or do a certain thing...meaning what is it they think they are gonna get out of it. They switch there style, change the sound of their music follow trends for a business purpose, but that road is an old road and with the music business in a state its in, seems like they walking down a long road, and they gonna find no ones home.
I think you need to first and foremost release some of them albums. Music aint like wine it doesn't usually get better with time. Focus on you..fuck what anyone else thinks you need to do. Build a fan base..market to them fans..hopefully the fan base grows and as long as you stay loyal to them they will still stay loyal to you.
Many artists I believe take steps forward building a fan base, then switch shit up and gain a few more but lose some of the loyal ones . Im not saying you can't stay relevant musically...but change should be gradual and not everyone of your fans is used to change and ya gotta take it slow with em.
there aRE well over 4 million people in L.A. area...add some more for O.C....some more for I.E..... San Diego....So why do you feel you need to make mainstream if that aint you? if it is much respect. The biggest group of consumers to purchase music was in the 90's to about 2002. West Coast was crackin......well them fans are still there but people would rather cater to a younger crowd who dont buy music...

how about u just drop a ablum and let us judge it from there, i mean ur only as hot when ur puttin out albums, i mean u cant drop a album in 2009 and all we get is a couple of myspace slaps, mixtapes for free and the u drop a album in 2013, i'd rather have a rapper that drops thier type of music on a consistant basis than not really hearin from them for awhile...hope that made sense cuz i been drink a lil

Apr 20, 2005
i just wanna hear some good music period. thats it. i dont give a shit where he's from. just tired of wack ass albums and mixtapes. its startin to hurt my ears. even if listen for 15 seconds. even if the musics not loud enough it still hurts my ears. if this continues, i'll probably go deaf. then if good shit eventually comes out, i wont be able to hear it. fuck! then i'd probably have to get some hearing aids. and i dont think bitches find hearing aids attractive. if thats the case then i wont be getting pussy. but if i do some pussy, i wont be able to hear the bitch scream my name.
so just make some good music gott dammitt!!

Oct 8, 2005
www.myspace.com
i got a hard time composing my thoughts right for this one but for me the feeling of credibility and honesty is important when i listen to a west artist, just be honest about your life and situations, dont make shit to complexed. what you do on your track Never, thats real shit.

i feel like sayin that if you feel you got more songs inside you then take a shity deal to release those albums. otherwise you just gone be like the rest of the west, looking for a better deal putting out shitty mixtapes to make a buzz..

based on the music on your myspace, if your albums is something like that im gone buy your music.

EDIT: @50Cal

Many artists I believe take steps forward building a fan base, then switch shit up and gain a few more but lose some of the loyal ones . Im not saying you can't stay relevant musically...but change should be gradual and not everyone of your fans is used to change and ya gotta take it slow with em.
i just read what you wrote, i feel what you said at the end, thats so true. but the quote i feel that alot. i feel that about glasses malone, i used to listen to his music all the time. now he singed a deal with mack and the blue division is now southdivision.

thats why i like Game, he came in the game with one style and still on that style. i feel like he give the fans just what they expect from him and some diffrent to gain new one.