What the deal with the clyde carson album?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 6, 2006
The hyphy train passed is what happened.The same reason Mistah Fab has no release date and the federation had no budget.They woulda been better off on koch.

Dec 6, 2006
YungGung said:
HYPHY TRAIN????? WHUTS THAT
The train that got all these bay area cats major deals.All of em that got major deals was doin hyphy music and labels thought hyphy was the next crunk so they signed em but now hyphy is dead and so is the buzz of bay area artists outside of the bay.The majors dont believe in the bay no more.Clyde Carson said his album was droppin in June and here we are in october and he still aint got a release date or video.Same goes for fabby.

Feb 1, 2006
^^^^^ i agree thats what happens when you let the record labels take control of your music career...they jest want to cash in ... now they see that the album may not return a profit so they say why should we release it?

These artist need to keep it INDY and have total control...get their piece of the pie and quit trying to be the next Jay-Z or some mainstream artist.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Clyde shoulda dropped a street album to keep his name out there...

His buzz is dry and the label probally won't push it hard

He shoulda / should fallowed the likes of fab, ya boy, big rich, balance and drop somthen for the streets

Jan 1, 2006
When Team dropped the Go Music mixtape they said World Premiere would drop January 24th... that album didn't get released until April.

I can only expect the same for Clyde's album

Feb 10, 2004
www.twitter.com
Beasty said:
The train that got all these bay area cats major deals.All of em that got major deals was doin hyphy music and labels thought hyphy was the next crunk so they signed em but now hyphy is dead and so is the buzz of bay area artists outside of the bay.The majors dont believe in the bay no more.Clyde Carson said his album was droppin in June and here we are in october and he still aint got a release date or video.Same goes for fabby.
I kinda think that artists fucked up. As soon as the majors started calling, it seemed like everybody started looking out for themselves and were more concerned with getting their deal and aligning themselves with well known artists, than them movement. Now the scene is all fractured again. Everybody has a deal, but almost everybody is on the shelf. The unity doesn't seem to be there amongst the people who were at the front of the movement, like it was earlier. Didn't seem to be a long term vision. Gotta regroup, I guess. We should have done it like the MIA. They got a new artists coming out nationally, like every week.

Jun 26, 2007
yall buggin ... everything is good with Clyde Carson, my cousin was tellin me the other day that the album will come out when he (clyde carson) wants it to come out, I aint mad at a bay rapper for shooting for perfection ... most of them just put shit out to make a quick buck and make us as a region look hella bootsy!

Carson is the truth! he needed to be a solo artist ... and I cant wait for him to make a video so he can show the rest of the world that the bay stunts too and doesnt just make corn-balls and goof-troops!

Kavie

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
Beasty said:
I agree with Beasty. And it's all the artists' fault, in my opinion. The "hyphy movement" was never going to last from the beginning. It was fun for those who were involved in it, but it wasn't something that people, outside of it's area (Nothern California) and in the age range of 12-25, could get into. But, the Bay got their turn at the limelight again, they just fucked it up. It's time to let everyone else go at it again, as the cycle repeats. But while it's repeating, THESE ARTISTS AND PRODUCERS need to start putting together some quality shit that is going to last in the mainstream for more than 4 months. Just my thoughts on the situation.

When Clyde drops I'll check it out, but I havenm't heard anything special from him that was on that hyphy shit. Note I said I haven't heard anything, didn't say he's not doing anything else.