what stores have easy returns without receipt?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
so i got 5 free blu-rays with my ps3......i tried returning them at target and walmart and they said stuff over 20$ you cant do without receipt and circuit city said i cant return blu-rays. where should i go? theyre still sealed

Jun 19, 2004
are you trying to get money ? or store credit, I thought for store credit walmart just asked for an id to track how much shit u take back.........

Apr 9, 2005
www.myspace.com
best buy is gonna give u a hard time...they gave me a hard time returning a deck for my car and i had a receipt LOL. K-Mart? They sell Blu-Rays? Otherwise go into Costco or Sam's Club if u have membership and peep the video section and see if they have the ones u tryna return. they should be hella easy...

Jan 1, 2006
I doubt any place will take them without a receipt. You could try Tower records/Rasputin's to see if they'll give you cash sometimes credit.

But pretty much from an employee perspective... without a receipt it looks like you might have stole them.

Apr 9, 2005
www.myspace.com
The Visualizer said:
But pretty much from an employee perspective... without a receipt it looks like you might have stole them.
ive worked in retail for 6 years now, and it doesnt matter if it LOOKS like you might have stolen them. if you go in the store with them in a bag and return them, you cant be accused of stealing. you could sue...

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
I believe Kmart gives store credit without reciept, but they are like 10 years behind any other retailer so they might not know what the fuck a blue ray disc is.

Apr 9, 2005
www.myspace.com
ANY store will give store credit without a receipt. Just bitch and complain and say it was a gift. You're def. not gonna get anything but store credit anywhere u go though. I would try K-Mart though, or like I said, Costco/Sam's.

Jan 1, 2006
underground said:
ive worked in retail for 6 years now, and it doesnt matter if it LOOKS like you might have stolen them. if you go in the store with them in a bag and return them, you cant be accused of stealing. you could sue...
I wouldn't accuse the customer of stealing but the general practice for most businesses is... no receipt, no return or at least store credit.

What's funny though as common as practice at my last retail job we'd have to take down all information on a return including the person's phone number and address. Most the time the customer would refuse and they'd walk out. If people said it was a gift we'd let them slide but most of the time people just got feud up. LOL

Electronics/DVD's/CD's are so hard to determine whether or not they've been stolen. I hate going to game stop and not being able to get cash for my old games. They give me store credit but I'd rather have the $ since I don't play video games that much.

Apr 9, 2005
www.myspace.com
The Visualizer said:
I wouldn't accuse the customer of stealing but the general practice for most businesses is... no receipt, no return or at least store credit.

What's funny though as common as practice at my last retail job we'd have to take down all information on a return including the person's phone number and address. Most the time the customer would refuse and they'd walk out. If people said it was a gift we'd let them slide but most of the time people just got feud up. LOL

Electronics/DVD's/CD's are so hard to determine whether or not they've been stolen. I hate going to game stop and not being able to get cash for my old games. They give me store credit but I'd rather have the $ since I don't play video games that much.
right, i agree. but most stores wont deny a customer because that could be construed as accusing them. ive never worked at a store that wouldnt give store credit for a no receipt return.

we've clearly stated that he WILL NOT be getting cash back. but i guarantee almost any store that sells dvds is a store that will give store credit for a no receipt return. were not talking about nordstrom or some shit.

K-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Circuit City will give store credit for them i GUARANTEE. stores will always bend, even if they say they wont, complain and they will take them back.

unfortunately, going to target, etc. youre not gonna get the full value of the dvd though. but once i got a copy of ncaa for xbox, for example. i brought it back to target, complained, and they took it back. they gave me like $39 for it or something on a gift card.

trust me, you CAN return them and you WILL get store credit.

Jan 18, 2006
i think i just gotta do one at a time, alls i wanted was store credit, but when i tried all at once they were saying no, but i went back to wal mart with one and they gave me a gift card for like 30$ i really just want enough credit for a second controller after that i dont really care