what should i buy

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

lenbiasyayo

Rest In Peace
Jun 24, 2008
i just wanna do this in my spare time for fun with my weoples while we drink , we allready got a buncha songs and a decent producer but he is always MIA and kinda nuts

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
reason 6 and a small audio interface like an maudio fasttrack and any cheap keyboard with midi out will be pretty much all you need to get started

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Personally I think 'Ableton Live' is you best bet... you can download a hacked version for free. Ableton comes with good instruments with it, and you can load a shit ton of vst's (free hacks)

you can control these intruments and samplers from your keypad (using your keypad as a keyboard)

All this free, while you build up a studio.... later add a midi controller, and a external sound interface.

reason 6 is cool, but is not as all-in-one like ableton is. Able can record, sample and produce all more streamlined in my opinion.

Apr 26, 2006
I'd go with FL Studio and or Ableton Live interms of software DAW.

Audio Interface (Tascam and M-Audio are affordable)

USB Midi Keyboard with drumpads, sliders and knobs (Axiom49 is nice)

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
DONT GET JUST ANYTHING THE REASON BEING AS THAT YOU NEED PIECES THAT GROW WITH YOUR TALENT NOT JUST FOR A YEAR AND THEN THEY ARE USELESS I SUGGEST SPENDING MONEY ON QUALITY WELL MADE CONSTRUCTED AND WELL RESPECTED GEAR BUT FIRST YOU NEED TO FIGURE OUT WHAT DAW YOUR GOING TO RUN! THESE DAYS I WOULD RUN REASONS/RECORD THAT WAY YOU GOT A GOOD FOUNDATION TO START FROM THEN ONCE YOU GET FAMILIAR CORREGATE PROTOOLS, LOGIC OR NUENDO WITH IT

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
if you don't already have a half decent computer I'd get the maschine and spend the rest on a pro tools 9 software/ interface bundle and whatever else you have left get a decent midi keyboard. 1500 should be enough depending on whether you are just trying to make beats and light recording of single vocalists as opposed to trying to track whole bands.