What Rap Album Got U Listening To Rap Music...!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 30, 2004
As a kid I got a little stereo and I listened to Wild 107.7 and KMEL constantly. I also watched CMC religously as well. So the first rap cd i wanted to get was Onyx-Bacdafucup because of that song Slam...but the first rap cd i bought was Bone Thugs n Harmony-East 1999

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
Damn, ya'll make me feel old, or real advanced. I was bumpin rap in the early 80's while some of the albums mentioned didn't come out till the 90's. What were you guy's doing then, or were you not into music that early. By 6 I knew every Whispers, Kieth Sweat, Surface, Anita Baker tape to date.

DR. DRE "THE CHRONIC" BEFORE HE TURNER INTO A PUSSY.... I REMEMBER WHEN MY BIG BROTHER WAS BUMPIN' THAT "DRE DAY" BACK IN THE DAYS....I DUBBED THAT SHIT AND I ALWAYS PLAYED IT OVER AND OVER ON MY LITTLE GHETTO BOOMBOX....I WAS LIKE IN 4TH OR 5TH GRADE AND SHIT....DAMN THEM WERE THE DAYS....AFTER THAT I'VE BEEN SPUNG OFF THIS RAP SHIT NAW MEAN....GOOD TOPIC HOMIE.

Nov 14, 2002
too many singles back then to name a album.

but the songs that got me hook on rap was...

friends "whodini"

like that "run d.m.c"

ladi dadi "slick rick & dougie fresh"

i forgot who sing it but it goes..."what is a dj if he cant scratch?what is a mc if he cant rap?"

Jul 27, 2005
My Big Bro was a D.J.. Back in the 80's in SAN JO. "D.J. PETE BLAZE" he used to Play everything from "FUNKY LITTLE BEAT" to STEVIE B. But what made me trip when i was about 7 in 1986 was all the Rap. SLICK RICK, RUN DMC...Then Came 2 LIVE CREW, N.W.A. man! e had all that shit on VINYL. My Favorite Rap album to this Day is "BEASTIE BOYS -LICENSE to ILL"... Thats my shit right there. I always been into rap since back then. Remember "HEEEEYYYYY WE WANT SOME PUUUUUUSSSSYYYY"!!!! 2 Live Crew? That was the shit.

Mar 15, 2005
yeah the first rap i listened to was like Kid n Play, Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five,Slicc Ricc, Doug E Fresh..... then came the west coast wit Ice T & NWA.....but the first shit i listened to that made me wanna produce was Dr Dre's the Chronic......first GANGSTA rap album that really influenced me to rap was X Raided's Psychoactive......

Mar 31, 2003
www.myowndope.com
209 Studioz said:
yeah the first rap i listened to was like Kid n Play, Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five,Slicc Ricc, Doug E Fresh..... then came the west coast wit Ice T & NWA.....but the first shit i listened to that made me wanna produce was Dr Dre's the Chronic......first GANGSTA rap album that really influenced me to rap was X Raided's Psychoactive......
ccytzo u forgot to mention how ur idols were new kids on the block!