What other Metal you guys like?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
After reading a couple posts, just wondering what other rock/metal bands you guys listen to. I wasn't aware so many of like that genre of music. When I first started these boards, Siccness and B.A.R.T. I didn't listen rock at all, in fact I completely disregarded it. Now the majority of what I listen to is rock/metal. Also, what concerts have you attended if any. I know Tim is pretty deep into metal, what other shit you like though?

Personally, Staind is the ultimate rock band, doesnt get any better then them. I also like an underground band from Italy called Lacuna Coil, those are my two favorite bands. Other stuff I listen to...

Linkin Park, Stone Sour, Tool & Perfect Circle, Slipknot, Static-X, Deftones, Disturbed, Incubus, Sevendust, System of a Down and many more. Some other newer bands that have caught my attention are Project 86, Seether and "The Red" from Chevelle is good.

Concerts: About a year ago I caught Static-X, Soulfly and Soil in San Francisco, great concert. This year in Fresno I saw Tool and some other under-ground bands. You havent been to a concert unless you have been to a metal concert.

May 16, 2002
IMO...Theres no Metal Band like THE MIGHTY METALLICA....Thats all ive been knockin for a week is Master of Puppets....All there albums after And Justice For All were pretty weak...But there old shit just fuckin Poundz...

Other shit I knock is

Mudvayne
Static-X
SlipKnot
Pantera

May 8, 2002
Ministry, Slayer, LARD, RON D. CORE (ok, so its speed-metal gabber, not metal, but its still fast and hard as fuck), DEMENTED ARE GO (once again, not metal, but fast ass psychobilly)

Great non-metal bands:
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds (check out the songs O'Malleys Bar or Stagger Lee)
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
R.L. Burnside
DUB Narcotic Sound System
The Cramps
The Birthday Party (Nick cave's first band, the noisiest, most smacked out band ever)
Andre Williams (the godfather of r&b sleeze, he's been around since the 50s and is still all about getting high and fucking broads)
Tom Waits (of course)
Leonard Cohen
16 Horsepower
Slim Cessna's Auto Club
Reverend Horton Heat
Jay Munly

^^^All of the above are good to get high to and come with the Mangla P seal of approval.

Nov 2, 2002
i think slipknot, deftones and godsmack are pretty tight also the classics korn, soundgarden, and nivana and Lenard Skynard if you can count that.

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Some of the bands I like are:

Tool, Alice In Chains, Nirvana, Stone Sour, Switched, 40 Below Summer, Machine Head, System Of A Down, Staind, Godsmack, Deftones, Rage Against The Machine, A Perfect Circle, Audioslave, GG Allin (not really metal but great anyways), Korn, Down, Soundgarden, Cold, Killswitch Engage.......

There's a few off the top of my head.

Jul 7, 2002
Sepultura
Soulfly
Hed (pe) their old stuff
deftones
downset
Rage Against the machine
Resote
KOrn their old stuff
Black Sabbeth

haven't been keeping up with the metal sence, those were my
old bands i use to listen too back in HS....still listen to them once
in a while.

Apr 26, 2002
Slayer
Tool
Cannibal Corpse
Megadeth
Old Metallica shit
Sepultura
Pantera
Body Count(Ice T's Metal band)
Morbid Angel
Machine head
Fear Factory
DRI
Ozzy
Black Sabbath
Suicidal Tendendcies(I liked both the metal and thePunk shit they've done

I like a lot fo old Punk Rock, like the Misfits, The Adolescents, Dead Kennedy's, Ramones, Sex Pistols, TSOL, Filth.

May 12, 2002
www.soundclick.com
The homie Big J got the closest list by far outa all of em of shit that I would listen to. I bump some crazy ass shit though.....The Dwarves are some savages, they're from San Francisco and shit, they were in that Kurt & Courtney movie for a minute when they were talkin about bands that Kurt used to bump.