WHAT NON RAP ALBUMS YOU BUMPIN SOAKIN IN

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
a star impaled said:
it depends on what you like, their self titled and watch out are two diffirent albums. the s/t is complete screaming with a very little ammount of back up vocals, watch out is a 60/40 split of singing and vocals. I never play the self titled, but I sing along with watch out daily in the shower. when i first got watch out, i kind of pushed it aside as whatever, the screaming got on my nerves. then one day i decided to give it another chance and was instantly addicted. Dallas Green (the singing vocalist/guitarist) really is the backbone of the album. His lyrics give you so much to think about, and his voice is absolutely beautiful. out of the 11 tracks, theres only 2 songs i really cant stand. #1accidents, and #8that girl possessed. the album has a real positive (but not peppy happy positive) kind of vibe to it. The guitar work is real sonic, think hopesfall meets matchbook romance. DEFFINAITLY WORTH A PURCHASE.

Also, once you buy it and fall in love with Dalla's vocals you might want to track down his original bands work before alexisonfire, titled "helicon blue". it's nothing like alexisonfire, it's real slow, prog rock ballads with his vocals. amazing. he also has 2 acoustic ep's out under the alias "city of colour".
Yeah I'm more of a fan of Dallas, although the screamer guy is cool too. They kind of remind me of the Deftones, the way Dallas sings. I'll be sure to try to find his solo shit too. Thanks homie.

lol, does the screamer guy always wear daisy dukes at shows? I was cracking up when he came running out onto stage with some beat up high tops and cutoffs... And it was the last date with all of those bands on the card, so for the last song everyone from the other 3 bands ran out onto stage with daisy dukes and no shirts on, carrying hockey sticks. That was probably the best one-song performance I've ever seen lmao.
Nuttkase said:
Idiot Pilot are a great group. I have seen them play live 2 times...both were great shows. They are from here in Washington so I have been up on them for a couple of years.

If you like them you should check out The Blood Brothers (if you haven't heard of them already.) They are also from Washington state.

www.thebloodbrothers.com

Nuttkace
Funny story PartII haha. They opened for Coheed last month. I thought they were awesome live, then when I checked out their studio work but I didn't like it much. That one dude's singing voice is too annoying to me. But I would definately like to see them live again. Their track titles are all genius too.. "Love Rhymes With Hideous Car Wreck" lmao

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Alright I got some free time so here are some more Non rap albums I have liked alot...most are newer releases.

Interpol - Remix Ep - This cd is a remix cd with four songs remixed by the band. I am really digging it alot...the stripped down version of Narc (just vocals and guitar) is amazing. Pick it up if you are a fan of theirs.

The Mars Volta - Scabdates - A 70 minute live album from The Mars Volta...there are some of their popular songs and some jams. Great cd...If you like The Mars Volta you will love this cd.

System of a Down - Hypnotize - (see thread already posted for my thoughts on the new SOAD album)

Queens of the Stone Age - Over the Years and Through the Woods - This is a live cd from QOTSA that is sick as fuck. They cover songs from all their albums. Plus it comes with a dvd with tons of concert footage.

Death Cab For Cutie - Plans - The most clean sounding Death Cab album to date. Ben Gibbard's song writing skills are amazing. A really relaxing album...good to just put on and chill to.

That's it for now...I will post some more up later.

Nuttkace

Oct 30, 2002
At past weeks I've been listening to a lot of...

-Kingston Wall (finnish band from the 70's, has kinda similar sound as the Led Zeppelin)
-Led Zeppelin (especially the I & II albums)
-Jimi Hendrix
-Black Sabbath (the Paranoid album)

Then again if we speak about of all time favourites outside of rap music, then there's too many to name. I listen a lot of reggae, old funk, blues, old school ska + new "3rd wave" ska (bands like Reel Big Fish, Buck-O-Nine. Skalatones, etc.), punk (Blag Flag, Bad Religion, Operation Ivy, etc.). I also listen to artist like Nick Cave, Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen, etc. Basically anything with a good rhythm or a good lyrics.

Apr 8, 2005
furthur seems forever - how to start a fire
modest mouse - long drive for someone with nothing to think about
modest mouse - lonesome crowded west
modest mouse - moons and antartica
modest mouse - good news for people who love bad news
jimmy eat world
green day - dookie

im tryin to get my hands on ten years - the autumn effect, looks like a bad ass band