what is the most significant cause of prejudice in our society

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 25, 2003
Significant causes of prejudice:

1. The profound racial consciousness of minority Americans.

2. The see-saw retribution mentality of many figures in collegiate and mainstream cultural America.

3. The inability of Black leaders who will admit that at least *some* of Black people's problems need to be addressed from within the community.

4. The prevailing blacktivist mentality that black and white are directly connected such that in order for a black man to advance, the white man must be knocked down, hit up for money, a black man must exploit his inherent claim to empowerment through a victim identity, and vice versa.

5. Ignorant, exclusivist white people in control of admittance to many social and economic institutions.

shep

Sicc OG
Oct 2, 2002
WHITE DEVIL said:
Significant causes of prejudice:

1. The profound racial consciousness of minority Americans.

2. The see-saw retribution mentality of many figures in collegiate and mainstream cultural America.

3. The inability of Black leaders who will admit that at least *some* of Black people's problems need to be addressed from within the community.

4. The prevailing blacktivist mentality that black and white are directly connected such that in order for a black man to advance, the white man must be knocked down, hit up for money, a black man must exploit his inherent claim to empowerment through a victim identity, and vice versa.

5. Ignorant, exclusivist white people in control of admittance to many social and economic institutions.
all very true

Mar 18, 2003
Many things have contributed to the severity of prejudice in this country, WHITE DEVIL hit on some good points. The biggest, most significant reason it began, and still exists today at this level is because of..

WHITE SUPREMACY

Some of you brought up some good points, but they are all just ramifications of white supremacy, don't you think?

Apr 25, 2002
/\/\/\ White supremacy is the cause for a lot of the problems on the racial side of prejudice, but thats not the only prejudices in this country. We also have a class problems on many different levels. We have some folks who look down on others that grew up poor, we have people with degrees from college that look down or talk down to people who don't go to school.

The common denominator for all these things is ignorance and stupidity.

Dec 25, 2003
White Supremacy is near meaningless in this day and age. Anyone who claims it as a significant cause is pandering. Nitro must be trying to get back in good with some of the folks on this board.

Apr 25, 2002
WHITE DEVIL said:
White Supremacy is near meaningless in this day and age. Anyone who claims it as a significant cause is pandering. Nitro must be trying to get back in good with some of the folks on this board.
I don't disagree with you that white supremacy may not mean as much today as it did 400 years ago but it paved the way for everything going on today in society. Whites ripped, enslaved, and took over countries on the backs of those native people to benefit themselves. Thats how they got to where they are, it damn sure wasn't by allowing other groups to have equality. When the whites finally allowed other groups to have equality the roads have all ready been paved with gold for them. You can look at our history here in America, it's pretty fuckin easy to sit back on your couch while people worked your farms for nothing while you made profits. They paved the way for your (not you specifically) fortune...

Apr 25, 2002
WHITE DEVIL said:

We do live in a capitalistic society, someone obviously has to be knocked down or some power has to shift to the otherside for one to rise. These activists are just using whites as the people that need to be knocked down. Is that right? Nope, but from a capitalistic stand point this makes a lot of sense.

Mar 18, 2003
WHITE DEVIL said:
Nitro must be trying to get back in good with some of the folks on this board.
Get back in good with who, and why would I need to? I do not benefit in the slightest, by having "some folks" side with me on the statements I make. Agree or disagree, it makes no difference to me, just as long as you understand what I said, I am content.

White Supremacy is near meaningless in this day and age. Anyone who claims it as a significant cause is pandering.
You should probably invest some of your time into history studies; it will shed a lot of light on the way things are today. He asked what we thought was the cause of prejudice in our society, and that answer is buried within the history of this country which revolved around white supremacy.

"they are all just ramifications of white supremacy"

Maybe you didn't completely understand that. What it says is, although white supremacy might not be as evident as it was years ago, the prejudice of America today is just the aftermath of the way this country evolved -- with white supremacy being at the top of the corporate ladder and minority groups suffering in a world of dire poverty and struggle at the bottom. Perhaps the theory of the butterfly effect will help you understand this. Read my reply to Tenkamenin for further insight.

Tenkamenin said:
White supremacy is the cause for a lot of the problems on the racial side of prejudice, but thats not the only prejudices in this country. We also have a class problems on many different levels. We have some folks who look down on others that grew up poor, we have people with degrees from college that look down or talk down to people who don't go to school.
Thats true, but don't you think that prejudice within classism stemmed off of early white supremacy? Even though many rich upper class white men don't practice white supremacist beliefs, they have all, on some level (SOLO touched on this briefly) embedded an acceptance of white supremacy in their way of life. White people ran and controlled everything since the beginning of America and paved the way for the upper class (comprised mostly of white Americans).

Mayer Amschel Bauer and John D. Rockefeller are examples of this, with big business exploding into a world of classism in America. If it weren't for Mayer Amschel Bauer, we might not have had the civil war, we might not have the FED, and Lincoln would have never been shot. He (and the Rothschild dynasty) is responsible for the collapse of an American classless and truly "free" state. The Rockefeller dynasty started out with a lone cancer curing con artist and stemmed into the control of American secret governments such as the Council on Foreign relations and the Trilateral Commission; without these two players alone who operated at a time when prejudice and slavery was regular and the status quo of American society, we might not be so separated by class.

To paint the picture clearly, let me tell you something my girlfriend told me about the civil war. I asked her what--from her studies in school--some of the issues surrounding the civil war were. We have all heard a number of different perspectives on this, but this one was interesting. She said that the war was not being fought over slavery, but also a degree of a rising classism. She continued to tell me that while on one side (funded by Rothschild) we had those that wanted to keep the slaves, and continue about their way of life. The opposing side (funded by Rothschild) wasn't so determined to end slavery on a moral basis, but to have a class of humans to look down upon, to create grounds for the upper class. While Lincoln was abolishing slavery, those that fought for him wanted to have those enslaved to remain in the ruins so as to rise a class of white people that surrounded them. Now, this isn't the cause of the war, but this is significant to me because it reveals the beginning of what was to become, well, you said it yourself:

"We also have a class problems on many different levels. We have some folks who look down on others that grew up poor, we have people with degrees from college that look down or talk down to people who don't go to school."

Do you understand what I'm telling you, Tenkamenin?

Dec 25, 2003
Tenkamenin said:
We do live in a capitalistic society, someone obviously has to be knocked down or some power has to shift to the otherside for one to rise. These activists are just using whites as the people that need to be knocked down. Is that right? Nope, but from a capitalistic stand point this makes a lot of sense.
However using race as a target and objective instead of class- or economic-based factors leads to a very distinct us vs. them mentality. Many Blacks are not told to differentiate between the prejudiced, slave-owner heritage, dixie cotton white person and the non-racist, harmless white people.

Why is Wayne Brady poked fun at by Black America? (lmao @ this example, Wayne Brady is a faggot) Because he doesn't speak in ebonics, he doesn't challenge White America with his blackness, and he doesn't derive his raison d'etre from that blackness. In essence, to Black people accustomed to the "us vs. them" mentality, Wayne Brady, the bitch from the Howard Stern show, Condoleeza Rice, Bryant Gumble et. al are now "them".

This type of divisiveness leads Black people to a very singularist mentality...individualism is not tolerated. "A playa like me would do it like this" is another way to say "As a black male, I cannot do these things, because they buck the group standard". Often times you will literally hear the words "as a Black man in ____<insert milieu here>, as a Black woman in ____", statements basically confirming that among Black people there are social pressures to conform and think certain ways.

And part of that communal, or shared mentality is the basic assumption that the situation of Black america is due, at this very moment, to racism. Now of course that is the logical assumption. Why else would Black people be in such a situation? Of course, racism was the initial cause of Black problems, and some may still account for it today.

But the larger issue to Black america today is the shared cultural mentality that teaches that any and all problems are due to racism...that if a Black man fails in the white man's game (i.e. wschool, work, etc.) it must be due to racism. Therefore, to succeed, you must use your blackness as a weapon against that racism. You have to challenge at every turn. You can't be a wayne brady, or a Bryant Gumble. Only in attacking white racism through your self identity can you succeed in society and meet challenges head on. If Bill Cosby acquieses to society, and Malcolm X challenges, it is better to be a Malcolm X than a Bill Cosby.

Unfortunately, this is the cause of much renewed racism today. Black students on college campuses often seem more pissed off than ever about their situation, regardless of the fact that their opportunities and chances have increased, not decreased. Black only proms, Black student unions, Black fraternities, Black graduations only enforce the segregationist mindset. This is where much White racism comes from today. Whites look at Black people and see people who refuse to integrate without challenging, people who see themselves as first Black, then individuals.

Look at White racism today. Alot of it is still the typical redneck bullshit, saying things like "n***** smell" and "fuck all g***s". But there is a new breed of white racism. Some of it is very thoughtful, and well laid out. Much of the new ideas hinge around creating a "white" identity and restoring and protecting "white" history, having a "white" culture and a "white" based ideal. Who might they have got that idea from?

Dec 25, 2003
Nitro the Guru said:

Maybe you didn't completely understand that. What it says is, although white supremacy might not be as evident as it was years ago, the prejudice of America today is just the aftermath of the way this country evolved -- with white supremacy being at the top of the corporate ladder and minority groups suffering in a world of dire poverty and struggle at the bottom. Perhaps the theory of the butterfly effect will help you understand this. Read my reply to Tenkamenin for further insight.

I have no issues understanding this Young Guru. You lack the faculty to go over my head...don't worry about it. But you're being ambiguous here. Is white racism today a significant or primary cause?

Thats true, but don't you think that prejudice within classism stemmed off of early white supremacy? Even though many rich upper class white men don't practice white supremacist beliefs, they have all, on some level (SOLO touched on this briefly) embedded an acceptance of white supremacy in their way of life.
Beep. Wrong. The notion that one's own group is better than another, and the idea that the rich are "clean" and the poor "dirty" stems back to the times of early man. This concept exists in every race, culture, and country, from Africa to Sibera.

To paint the picture clearly, let me tell you something my girlfriend told me about the civil war. I asked her what--from her studies in school--some of the issues surrounding the civil war were. We have all heard a number of different perspectives on this, but this one was interesting. She said that the war was not being fought over slavery, but also a degree of a rising classism. She continued to tell me that while on one side (funded by Rothschild) we had those that wanted to keep the slaves, and continue about their way of life. The opposing side (funded by Rothschild) wasn't so determined to end slavery on a moral basis, but to have a class of humans to look down upon, to create grounds for the upper class. While Lincoln was abolishing slavery, those that fought for him wanted to have those enslaved to remain in the ruins so as to rise a class of white people that surrounded them.
Haha. She probably goes to some dumbshit liberal college where the feminist department is currently trying to outlaw mathematics and business law because of its objective, partiarchal logic structure. This is nothing but conspiracy theory. So one side wanted to keep slaves and keep the status quo, and the other side wanted to free slaves but keep them economically downtrodden? Right. A much larger issue than slavery was tariffs. Slavery was secondary, or even tertiary, even though the social context of slavery assures it the highest positions in dumbshit liberal colleges. No one creates a class to oppress to keep themselves upper class. You keep yourself upper class through lobbying and economic gains. An oppressed class that *isn't* slaves does nothing for you. There was no idea that "if a shantytown is created accross the town then my house will be twice as nifty". This is revisionist history at its finest.