What is "swing" exactly?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Swing is delaying the E and A of each beat or on the second and fourth sixteenth note of each beat. You can find it on pretty much every drum machine out there, also known as the 'Shuffle' feature. It's used to add more feeling or depth to your percussion.

Apr 27, 2003
www.mymproductions.com
YolaN'MyNose707 said:
In FL they have that little slide that adjusts the "swing". I've messed around with it a bit and I still have no idea what it does.

Anybody know?
next time ur in FL... lay just one track in the step sequencer with a hi hat... fill each or those little squares up so that there all hitting one after another....hit play and then move the shuffle slider over a little by little... you should start to notice the "swing" effect, it just gives it more of a groovy feel.

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
YolaN'MyNose707 said:
Aight, I thought it had something to do with altering the beat speed, I just wasn't sure. The hi hat track made the effect stand out, I got it now.

Thanks for the help!
best way to think is pete rock, premiere style usually swing is a percentage as on the sp1200, and mpc