What is keeping it real in 2011?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2006
Fans, artists, etc., I am just curious what do yall think? Everyone has this thing about being "real" yada yada. Is it haging out on the block looking the part? Is it dressing the part? Is it talking on facebook about how you get money? Is it pretending to be broke/ghetto when your family got it? Is it being ghetto/hood but you do not come from that? Is it neglecting your kids? What is real nowadays? Lets have a grown up discussion.

I put this in BART thinking some real feed back will be given. Now I will feed the trolls of the open forum. We can have fun with it or discuss it. Let me know!

Dec 2, 2006
To me being real is being the same person 24-7, no matter who you are around and with. What you do in the dark, you should do in the light. What you do in the light, shouldn't be kept in the dark. My point being, most don't know who they are, hence, this fucked up thought process of "keeping it real."

Dec 2, 2006
committing crimes.. u aint real if you dont hurt/kill other people or steal or sell drugs knowings it fucking up lives.. fuck it some ones gotta do it....being real is about being selfish.
It seems that is the theme, but I think you can be real and not be selfish. You feel me though, good shit.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
that was a troll answer breh.. fuck all that that i typed. my secopnd response is how i feel.. being good or bad as long as u know who u are and u live what u say and ar not phony is real to me. good or bad. a dog will bite a cat will scratch . cats dont park and dogs dont purr... if they did they fronting

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
its true an sad

ive always tried to keep it real

how i define that?

being real is understanding your position and making lemonade with the lemons life gave you and staying true to the very few who never let you roam alone, or left you in the dark

end of the day, whos to say, its all subjective i guess

plain and simple

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
To me being real is being the same person 24-7, no matter who you are around and with. What you do in the dark, you should do in the light. What you do in the light, shouldn't be kept in the dark. My point being, most don't know who they are, hence, this fucked up thought process of "keeping it real."
hmmm, not necessarily true... when I'm at work I'm not gonna act exactly like I would when I'm with my boys, or when I'm with my boys I'm not gonna act the same as when I'm talking to my grandparents, or when I'm talking to a female, etc... etc...

I mean I'm generally the same person, but I have to hold back in certain areas and "play the part" depending on who I'm around

if you try to truly be yourself at all times you'll end up on the next episode of "when keeping it real goes wrong"

Dec 2, 2006
that was a troll answer breh.. fuck all that that i typed. my secopnd response is how i feel.. being good or bad as long as u know who u are and u live what u say and ar not phony is real to me. good or bad. a dog will bite a cat will scratch . cats dont park and dogs dont purr... if they did they fronting
True that.

its true an sad

ive always tried to keep it real

how i define that?

being real is understanding your position and making lemonade with the lemons life gave you and staying true to the very few who never let you roam alone, or left you in the dark

end of the day, whos to say, its all subjective i guess

plain and simple
It is subjective. All feedback is appreciated.

Dec 2, 2006
hmmm, not necessarily true... when I'm at work I'm not gonna act exactly like I would when I'm with my boys, or when I'm with my boys I'm not gonna act the same as when I'm talking to my grandparents, or when I'm talking to a female, etc... etc...

I mean I'm generally the same person, but I have to hold back in certain areas and "play the part" depending on who I'm around

if you try to truly be yourself at all times you'll end up on the next episode of "when keeping it real goes wrong"
You are absolutely right and that is the type of feedback I am looking for. That is the type of critical thinking I appreciate. Good looking.

Sep 29, 2003

truth. meta you are one of the most normal dudes on the sicc....respect

Mar 30, 2011
keeping it real is being true to yourself and true to your roots. don't try to be someone your not.

always remember where you came from and try to better yourself but in the process don't sell out for anything.

always remember who was there for you at all times good and bad.