What is keeping it real in 2011?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2006
Fans, artists, etc., I am just curious what do yall think? Everyone has this thing about being "real" yada yada. Is it haging out on the block looking the part? Is it dressing the part? Is it talking on facebook about how you get money? Is it pretending to be broke/ghetto when your family got it? Is it being ghetto/hood but you do not come from that? Is it neglecting your kids? What is real nowadays? Lets have a grown up discussion.

Dec 2, 2006
To me being real is being the same person 24-7, no matter who you are around and with. What you do in the dark, you should do in the light. What you do in the light, shouldn't be kept in the dark. My point being, most don't know who they are, hence, this fucked up thought process of "keeping it real."

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
in 2011 i dont think Keeping it real is even close to relevant..... Not too many can or do anymore.... The biggest rapper in the game right now used to be a Corrections officer.... I think all bets are off from him down the line......

thizz

Sicc OG
Sep 3, 2004
www.myspace.com
To me being real is being the same person 24-7, no matter who you are around and with. What you do in the dark, you should do in the light. What you do in the light, shouldn't be kept in the dark. My point being, most don't know who they are, hence, this fucked up thought process of "keeping it real."

that's keeping it real

Dec 2, 2006
in 2011 i dont think Keeping it real is even close to relevant..... Not too many can or do anymore.... The biggest rapper in the game right now used to be a Corrections officer.... I think all bets are off from him down the line......
It isn't relelvant from an entertainment standpoint, no doubt. That is the point though. Music is entertainment but some act as if it is the bible so to speak. I am not saying it is wrong or right, I am just saying how can this perception be overcome? Can we seperate the music from the streets so artists can concentrate on making good music and not get lost in this misconception of being real? Once an artist/individual is comfortable is their skin, they don't care about perception, etc.

Your boy A-Wax is a prime example of an artist getting the picture. Not just that, but he is a man that has real story to tell, definately not a Rick Ross. Too many talented people/artists never come fruition because of their mind set/thought process. We were all there though at one time. My point is we should support those looking for a better way through music, that is keeping it real. Not support just entertainers, but real individuals.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
to me The music business is just like the movie business... ENTERTAINMENT. Unfortunately, When you pretend to be O Dog from menace on your rap album, somebody who really lives like O Dog from menace is gonna wanna test that....

I agree with the above post though. Being who you are 24/7 no matter the situation or time of day would be the key ingredient to keeping it solid.

Apr 21, 2011
keepin it real means to be able to be urself around any and evry one at all time, not lieing about shit or not doing something becus u afraid of what the next man will think. alot of people lie to kick it . fake shit like saying you got this and that but you dont is the complete oppisite of keeping it real.