what is hyphy?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 13, 2006
can we get a list of the hyphy music thats supposed to be garbage and fuckin up the bay and all that other square shit thats being discussed on here

Jan 1, 2006
I don't agree with it being garbage... but repetitive is more like it. If you have everyone talking about the same thing scraperz, goin' dumb and whatnot it just gets old pretty quick.

Dec 13, 2006
ok yall been sayin that but i listen to hella bay shit i just wanna know what shit are u talkin about who is makin songs about all that shit and whats they sales lookin like

Jan 1, 2006
YungGung said:
i listen to hella bay shit
I think you needa call out the people who called it garbage. But they'll probably tell you all of it.

If you listen to a lot of Bay I would expect you to know what is and what isn't repetitive or garbage. Everyone has their own opinion on this subject, IMO I don't have a problem with the music but I would like to see more decisiveness and not so much a bandwagon trend.

Dec 13, 2006
i dont know cuz i dont support garbage shit its alot of people on here down talking cats like quinn keak and mess even fab but they are far from repetitive and garbage i think yall need to call out the rappers thats makin the bullshit are they on the radio or are they just on myspace wit hella bulletins and friends and shit but aint even went as far as giving away a cd in the outside world

Jan 1, 2006
If you listen early Keak vs. Keak today you can tell how his rhymes changed, not his vocals voice but what he's talking about
Mistah F.A.B. from before his yellow bus trend is the same
Turf Talk is another IMO, he uses the same line in a lot of tracks

These artists started out and quickly got a big fan base. I just think fans in general are riding the bandwagon as well about what's hot and what's not. 6 months ago people would've said you're boo boo for saying Hyphy's dead, today everyone is ashamed. I think people need to make up their minds.

As for me... I don't think it's dead but it's lost it's direction. Too many Mac Dre references in everything we do and it wasn't like that when hyphy started out

(Pardon the thizz face in my pic... I was drunk and someone snapped it I don't be doing that LOL)

Dec 13, 2006
yea u right about the banwagon fans but remember keak was doin numbers before the movement come on name me some of the weak shit im dying to know who is fuckin it up 4 the bay

Dec 13, 2006
how about we get a list of who makes hyphy albums and also what is the definition of hyphy music the only hyphy i know about is what i see when i step out my front door

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
YungGung said:
how about we get a list of who makes hyphy albums and also what is the definition of hyphy music the only hyphy i know about is what i see when i step out my front door
Can you clarify that? Hyphy is what you see when you step out of your front door. I honestly want to laugh out loud but want to give you a chance to explain. I imagine you opening your door and a bunch of fools are ghostriding, turf dancing in every possible color of Girbaud's and stunnas, and all that "hyphy" stuff happening on your street, IN FRONT OF YOUR HOUSE. LOL

Federation - I don't understand why people like em, I think over 80% of their songs suck donkey balls. Surprisingly "Donkey" is the main song I like from them. Von loves playing Federation, but seems like he's pushing them more than people requesting for their songs. I respect people that like them, but I don't, enough of that.

Beeda Weeda, The Team, Hoodstarz, Quinn, Pretty Black, Yuk, are artists that aren't limited to the hyphy classification. Just to give you a basis of my opinion and who I listen to.

Dec 13, 2006
im not go get into details but naw we was using the word hyphy before we even knew what ghost ridin was niggas aint out here ghost ridin and all that shit come round here doin that shit somebody will hop in yo shit and take it

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
YungGung said:
im not go get into details but naw we was using the word hyphy before we even knew what ghost ridin was niggas aint out here ghost ridin and all that shit come round here doin that shit somebody will hop in yo shit and take it
I'll humor you. I never used hyphy, still don't. I'll tell you what I saw.

When I was living in Oakland, I open my door and I see black fences on all the houses, all the windows. A Christmas tree burning on the sidewalk in February with a bunch of kids dancing around it with a boombox on the ground playing Dru Down's Explicit Game. Only time they stop was when the Ice Cream man came by and everyone got their WWF Ice Cream on a stick for $1. This was in 1995. That was when mob shit was out.

Now, people acting the same way but people call it hyphy. So please give me DETAILS on what you mean cause this thread is heading no where fast. And throw some info on the "Square shit" that's being brought up here.

basically, WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Oct 19, 2004
J:M said:
I'll humor you. I never used hyphy, still don't. I'll tell you what I saw.

When I was living in Oakland, I open my door and I see black fences on all the houses, all the windows. A Christmas tree burning on the sidewalk in February with a bunch of kids dancing around it with a boombox on the ground playing Dru Down's Explicit Game. Only time they stop was when the Ice Cream man came by and everyone got their WWF Ice Cream on a stick for $1. This was in 1995. That was when mob shit was out.

Now, people acting the same way but people call it hyphy. So please give me DETAILS on what you mean cause this thread is heading no where fast. And throw some info on the "Square shit" that's being brought up here.

basically, WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

lmbao!!!

Dec 13, 2006
ive seen the same shit as far as burning christmas trees lol that was during the raider riots and shit but im jus sayin all that other silly shit aint a reality out here its bullshit that aint what hyphy is u got niggas makin songs based off shit they aint never saw and i aint talkin bout the rappers that u named