What is going on with Reggae on the River?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 8, 2007
I know alot of Bay Area people go to Reggae on the River.. well I heard this year there is some crazy sh*t going on. Something about the two companies that put it on in the past are in some type of court battle, the there is going to be two Reggae festivals in the same place? put on by two different people? I dont understand... Does anyone else know whats going on?

here is the two websites..

http://www.reggaeontheriver.com/

http://www.reggaerising.com/

drewski.kalonji

Shark Finning & Grinning
May 17, 2002
Murky Bay Waters, CA
What they should do is have reggae rising in July or something. Coming from a festival viber since 1998 I'd tell you to pay those festivals no attention for now and peep the sierra nevada music festival this year. The lineup is already off the hinges! It should be interesting this year.

Mar 8, 2007
maculentways said:
this looks dope...

this would be 3 days of straight weed smoke for me

::
Yeah it like a town of weed.. I've been going for 4 years... and every year gets better... you can get what ever you what in any form.. cookies, ice cream, Gonja goo Balls... etc.

Mar 8, 2007
Last year Baby Cham, Sean Paul, the Marley's... it was crazy.. alot of Bay Area people up there.... its like a town of drungs... eveyone is walking around smoking, drinking.... whatever... and no cops there to tell you to stop!! yeah!

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
I went to a Reggae on the River awhile back, when I was in high school. It was one of the craziest times I've had in my life, everyone was on acid, shrooms, ecstacy or everything at once. Plus non-stop alcohol too. And there were lots of people that went, like Danny Glover for instance. The music is usually pretty tight too, but these girls that I know told me that Sean Paul was pretty gay at the last one. That he was on stage talkin hella shit to everyone. Sean Paul always seemed like a fag to me.

Mar 8, 2007
Lamberto Quintero said:
The music is usually pretty tight too, but these girls that I know told me that Sean Paul was pretty gay at the last one. That he was on stage talkin hella shit to everyone. Sean Paul always seemed like a fag to me.
Yeah it was bad, he kept doing these bump and grind moves, like the concert was just for the ladies... its was weird!! one of his dancers kicked him in the nuts by accident he had to take a two minute break... Sean Paul really sucked, but Baby Cham was good, so was the Marley's and Wisdom (he is from the bay). I also got to meet Leon, from the movies Above the Rim and Cool Runnings...