What is A-Wax's standing in Bay Area Rap?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl
If he never called hus out as a snitch and never beefed with mob figaz I bet you people would have a different outlook on him. But people love to chose sides in rap beef and adapt it as their own like it's personal.
I really don't care much about the beef and im not a fan of either one. Don't make stupid assumptions.

Stans can call him legend all they want but from the inside. The rappers, the industry. Nobody is considering him to be a legend. Thats just facts.

Last edited:

hellatall1991

Sep 13, 2018
Awax is good, but he makes bad decisions. He needs to let that shit go. He's like 40+ at this point still trying to act like a gangster. People from Pittsburg have a chip on their shoulder.

Apr 4, 2015
I’ve been listening to Everlasting Money, Pushin’ Keyz and Rx Lord. All great albums, just not sure I like the use of auto tune on Rx Lord and it gets worse on Rx Lord 2 looks like it is auto tune all over

Sep 14, 2011
Awax got a huge catalog he put out more albums than most. He got blackballed over the whole beefing with husalah and ap9 thing because more people love mob figaz. It's the same way lavish d got blackballed by mozzy fans who arent even from sac. They hear mozzy say fuck lav and they automatically hate lav without even knowing the guy or hearing his music. Awax is a dope rapper and I like almost every single album up until rxlord now he completely on some trap music sound and that jus aint my cup of tea. But to each his own

I HATE that shit. picking sides in a rap beef or even worse picking sides in rapper's street beefs is the lamest shit ever ever. all those dudes you mentioned are dope and a whose who of my favorite rappers but you're so right about a lot of Mozzy fans hating on Lav just cuz the beef.

Jan 29, 2016
East Palo Alto
www.youtube.com
I own most of his catalog starting with his first album. Having said that, Pulling Strings is his best album. At first I didn't like it, but I kept listening, and it is a classic and I don't throw around the word classic a lot either.
That's what I thought too, when I copped pushing keys I thought it wasnt better than pulling strings. But it grew on me and now I think its better than pulling strings. Pulling strings definitely set the standard and pushing keys perfected it for me. Everlasting money was dope but didnt surpass either. I dont know about rhe new ones not my style.

First album that got me into him, other than the tracks with woodie, was nightmare on elm 3. My high is a fucking classic

dalycity650

Barlito's Way
Feb 8, 2006
I really don't care much about the beef and im not a fan of either one. Don't make stupid assumptions.

Stans can call him legend all they want but from the inside. The rappers, the industry. Nobody is considering him to be a legend. Thats just facts.
So just because some of us think he’s a legend that makes us Stans? Lol okay