What if? Gore vs. Bush

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 9, 2005
I recently finished Al Gores book entitled 'An Inconvenient Truth', and it has given me a fresh perspective on what this man stands for. Namely, he is more concerned about the environment and family values than mock wars in order to steal oil from the middle east.

What if Gore had defeated Bush in the 1998 election? This so-called 'war on terror' would have never started, there is a good chance that 9-11 would have never happened in the first place and there would be far less hate in the world right now. The US would have signed the Kyoto protocol, implemented several environmental policies, including forcing companies to reduce the use of toxic chemicals, decrease waste and conserve water, funded more research into alternative energy and become a role model for the rest of the world on matters concerning environmental sustainability.

In other words, if Gore was elected president in 1998, the world would be a far better place to live in right now. Sure, Gore still would have faced opposition to several of his policies, but it would have definitely been a step in the right direction. Instead, big multinationals supported Bush and pulled enough strings to get him elected because they knew he would not only let them continue destroying our planet, but would fully support it!

What do you think the world would be like right now if Gore was in office instead of Bush?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
America would most likely be in the same situation. One rich white man in office is damn near the same as another rich white man in office. Gore would have carried out the SAME agenda his MASTERS set before him. He would have done EVERYTHING they told him, but because Gore does NOT have as much pull as the current "president" Gore is not in office.

Y-S

Sicc OG
Dec 10, 2005
What if you're wrong? What if that book is meant to just try to make himself look good and just try to get votes from people from reading this book? What if Gore would've been worse than Bush.........?

I know, too much if's but hey it could be true, you never exactly know, from what I'm seeing and hearing, America's already turned or turning into a police state....I think 9/11 would probably have still happened, whether Gore or Bush or maybe even any other president....they might have made plans to make this happen about like, 20 or 30 years ago, why do you think they named that emergency call "911"? It could've been a warning, and that call symbol/number was probably made/developed around at the same time start of the world trade center towers construction

freaky, isn't it?

Dec 25, 2003
Y-S said:
why do you think they named that emergency call "911"? It could've been a warning, and that call symbol/number was probably made/developed around at the same time start of the world trade center towers construction

freaky, isn't it?
Yes, it isn't.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
there will be no peace in the world til all humans are extinct that is simple science. al gore would change our flag to a fuckin rainbow if he could. hes a fuckin tool are you serious??? white devil i know youre smarter than that. the office of president doesnt hold all that much clout and even had he won how would he have enacted all these ideas of his with a republican majority in both houses. anything he suggested would have been rejected and he would have been seen as a complete failure. i know he invented the internet and all but......

Mar 9, 2005
OK, so theres no silver lining - the US are the scourge of the Earth and that's how it will say indefinitely.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
dont forget he was on the war bandwagon at first as well. he and other democrats only jumped off when they realized how popular george and the repubs were getting because of it.

Mar 9, 2005
why would they jump off the war bandwagon if their opposition was gaining popularity because of it? Makes no sense, he would deliberately be handing the presidency to Bush on a silver platter.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

Gore did win anyway, Bush is the one that got elected. I dont think corporate america would be pleased with having to spend money on reducing toxic waste and saving the environment. Bush won because he is backed by corporate america and makes them money, ie war contracts, causing the price of oil to go up, contracts to clean up the WTC rubble, etc...

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Hutch said:
why would they jump off the war bandwagon if their opposition was gaining popularity because of it? Makes no sense, he would deliberately be handing the presidency to Bush on a silver platter.
because just like both parties their tool followers jump with him, you notice it took awhile but they kept chipping away and whammo!!!

they supported it at first because "that was the right thing to do"
but then it snowballed into a huge bandwagon for the right. they had to stop it or they werent sniffing the whitehouse for a loooooong time.
at the time 9/11 happened you think it would have been wise to be bush bashing??? no they were doing what they thought was politically viable. then their offensive coordinators realized if they ran the flea flicker they could pull all the steam out of the right. now were right back where we started. repubs are repubs and democrats are democrats while real americans are stuck somewhere in the middle.

its really quite simple

Mar 9, 2005
lmao, OK - my brain wasn't working all that well today. Lack of sleep, hayfever and boredom can be a lethal combination when it comes to increasing stupidity.

Sep 25, 2005
911 happening wasnt "in the first place", under clinton we got hit 3 times WTC, Embassy Towers, USS Cole.

they hit us and we did nothing. so what do you think they did again. thats right they hit us again, and we did nothing. Gore would have been the same as Clinton. we would have got slapped around and done nothing about it under Gore.

at least under Bush we get hit hit once and we slammed them back really hard, and we havent been hit agian (at least not yet).

and as for the Kyoto treaty, ya that would have been great if you wanted to have 50% unemployment in the USA and all our money going to all the other countries. while other up and coming powers got to pollute more without paying and collect our money.