What I Think Is Really Going On With This BCS Shit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
First off USC is gonna beat the shit out of Mich. And next year we are gonna win the national championship straight up.

Now about the BCS:

It's all about making money.

I think it's kinda ironic that LSU and USC will be both playing at home, both stadiums and areas are gonna be packed with fans who will be spending.

The rose bowl has been dicked the last 2 year, with a game none wanted to see and a game with teams that didn't travel well.
There was talk of the Rose bowl dropping out of the BCS last year, but this year they get 2 legendary rose bowl teams in a championship game. Nice way to make up for the last 2 years.

This whole controversy has generated lots of shit for sports shows and other media to talk about. Not that they would find something else to talk about. But know there are 2 championship games that people will watch, generating higher ratings then if it would have been one game.

The general solution that everyone has come up with temporarily for this year, have the winners of both games play ANOTHER FUCKING MONEY MAKIN BOWL GAME. As a sports fan I would love to see this, but give me a break. Garantee tickets will be almost super bowl price.

Lastly, we only know 1 of the 7 BCS computer's way of ranking teams, and we don't even know its exact formula. Those other 6 computers can base shit on anything as far as we know. Everything about them is speculation. I think the BCS just puts in how they want the rankings to end up in the end, and the computers generate the right rankings among themselves to make that happen.

Heres what I believe happened:
USC is ranked high in the polls, Mich wins the Big 10. NCAA/BCS sees a way to make the Rose Bowl happy with the current system, set up a USC/Mich game. BCS is banking on OU going undefeated, and having LSU jump USC in BCS polls. This woulda worked out perfect except OU lost, making the human pools rank USC as #1. BCS works it out though for USC/ Mich to happen, and LSU/OU to happen, and now have 2 championship games and possibly a third to bank off of.

What they need to do, if they are not going to make a playoff system, which the 4 big BCS bowls are not going to want happen, is release the formulas the 7 BCS computers use to determine their rankings. If they release these I will stand corrected on my assumption that the BCS is just finding a way to milk fans for everything they are worth.

May 2, 2002
where have you herd someone say have another game of the winners. this will NEVER happen. it gets talked about every year when this happens..but it never will...before saturday everyone I talked to said "ya usc is aready in the championshit i herd it on the blah blah blah..."
i told them if lsu wins there is not a chance for usc to be in...i knew this because of what happened earlier in the season when ohio jumped usc after beating a high ranked team...and lsu goergia was number 3 vs 5 thats big time...