what happens if youre on probation/parole and you fail a drug test????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 6, 2004
I went to see my P.O. today and failed a drug test for weed.what happens where you live????I thought that if you fail a drug test that your P.O. will start seeing you every week instead of every month.And if you fail it again after a few months you will go to jail and so on and so on...

Jul 10, 2002
Tell 'em your addicted and you'know you need professional help (i.e. counseling/NA) for your 'problem' try the empathetic approach... works for fools here in Seattle, but bud is also bottom priority so can't really call it...

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I had friends that got busted for coke and crack and heroin. Their PO was like "well...if you take piss tests and none of that bad shit shows up, its better than nothing" and she'd just turn a blind eye to weed.

Then again, the friends that got busted for weed didn't get the same leniency. I guess for some PO's, they'll make a personal decision based on how bad you are, the severity of what you did, whether you're in trouble for a drug offense, etc.

So i'd say its on a case by case/ PO by PO basis.

Do you have regular meetings, or do you get random phone calls with numbers? A lot of heads i knew got random colors or numbers (red, blue, green, black) and they'd announce a color (Black) and everyone with that color had to go in for a piss test. It kept people on their toes. Some colors were more susceptible to piss tests than others (i.e. Brown went in 4 times a month, red went in the first week of the month, blue went in the second week of the month, black went in the 3rd week, white went in twice a month, etc.)

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
I know in Solano County, if you are on parole and fail a drug test, they make you do a 6 hour a day program for 10 weeks or some shit like that.

Jan 9, 2004
Here is a wacky idea that no one on this board will tell you: how about stop smoking until your time with the PO is over? You could save yourself these worries and maybe something positive can come from it. Worked for me.

Apr 25, 2002
wind.prohosting.com
I got diversion, i had to do like 10 weeks 1 time a week counsiling and not get picked up for anything for 18 months. Then i got sent to iraq and the DA dropped all the charges against me. Diversion is the best way to go since u dotn get pissers

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
i have to agree with toztli, never been on parole but ive been on probation a couple times and i quit smoking during both. im sure its your PO's discertion as to what he/she is going to do about it by why give her the power to make that decision?