What happened with the SF anthem Video?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 16, 2006
mylot.com
lol. 4real, I don't really watch MTV/BET all that much anymore, but I was watching yesterday and they were playin' sum bullshit that made the "TOP 10" on 106 & Park. That "Lookin' Boy" or w/e the fuck it's called was like #2. & I think that Nelly"Stepped on my J's" was up there too. Ciara looked bad as hell, but that kinda bullshit music that I've never heard in my life gets way more play than a legit song w/ a cool vid to go with it.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
What more could those faggots at Viacom want?
something that appeals to the mass public

I agree the video is great... and that there is a lot of bullshit on TV today...

but you can't really expect this shit to blow up all over TV

not many outside the Bay really give a fuck about this video

sad truth, but I really don't think it's gonna blow up

now a song like E-40's new one with Akon... that could possibly blow up again... not the greatest song in the world... but it has mass appeal

however, by this point I really don't give a shit if the Bay blows up

I mean... if all these artist get signed to major deals they're just gonna have more people telling em what kinda music to make... as long as they stay independent they can make the kinda shit that real rap fans out here wanna listen to

May 5, 2005
something that appeals to the mass public

I agree the video is great... and that there is a lot of bullshit on TV today...

but you can't really expect this shit to blow up all over TV

not many outside the Bay really give a fuck about this video

sad truth, but I really don't think it's gonna blow up

now a song like E-40's new one with Akon... that could possibly blow up again... not the greatest song in the world... but it has mass appeal

however, by this point I really don't give a shit if the Bay blows up

I mean... if all these artist get signed to major deals they're just gonna have more people telling em what kinda music to make... as long as they stay independent they can make the kinda shit that real rap fans out here wanna listen to

But Welcome To "Atlanta" was something to give a fuck about?

May 5, 2005
Ludacris and especially JD were well known at that point. These are three relevatively unknowns outside of the west coast
Still don't change the fact that I don't give a fuck about hearing a song about Atlanta. I don't care who's on it. I'm sure most people in other area's don't either but Music execs shove this shit down our throats.

BOLO

FRISCO TO SAC IM AT THAT
Aug 27, 2002
yeah have they even debuted it yet or what??? as far as the bay "blowing up" i doubt it will ever happen in the way that a lot of us die hard bay area rap fans envisioned it would or should...at this point i dont give a shit if they bay "blows up" i just want to see more of my favorite bay rappers on TV, PERIOD

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Ludacris and especially JD were well known at that point. These are three relevatively unknowns outside of the west coast
exactly

I mean out of the people on that song... Quinn is the only one who is even REALLY popular out here... Big Rich is known by most real Bay Rap fans... but he isn't near Quinn's level

the other guy... is his name Boo Banger or somethin? Honestly I've never heard of him until that song... maybe I'm just late...

the example of JD and Luda... they're both mroe well known on a national level

and New York New York... Jada, Ja Rule, and Fat Joe are all famous on a national level as well

Dec 19, 2006
www.myspace.com
Now that they have been playing the video all day what more could you ask for? But I bet the people bashing the song/video will still have sucka shit to say and just can't be happy for hard workin Bay niggaz? It made it to TV, but If we don't support it, the video won't move further..

Apr 25, 2002
Now that they have been playing the video all day what more could you ask for? But I bet the people bashing the song/video will still have sucka shit to say and just can't be happy for hard workin Bay niggaz? It made it to TV, but If we don't support it, the video won't move further..
real talk!