What happened to these No Limit releases?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2003
If I remember correctly, legend had it that the first thing that was done for No Limit albums of that era was the cover. And then a lot of the albums were done in 2 weeks or so.

So one has to wonder how many of these actually ever approached anything close to completion or were even started.
thats true bc silkk the shocker said it in a interview. he said he did charge it to the game in six weeks

Props: Mixerr
Feb 8, 2003
Why did Short Circuit not release his album? It would have been dope!

i havent seen nothing on him since 2000 when he was on 106 and park with p and silkk. if any of these guys still around they will have either twitter pages, youtube, or facebook. Krazy from no limit be answering questions about no limit from fans.

honestly in these situations alot these albums probaly got done then p turned them into priority records and priority shelved them or they couldve been taken as a lien when he had financial problems with the company. i doubt any of these ever see light though bc with insiders now some wouldve been leaked.

i doubt p will answer any questions about these artist and he will say thats past im focused on new no limit. so your best bet to get info about this is to try to contact the artists.

p wont answer non the questions about it either he will say thats the past this the new no limit we moving forward.

Feb 8, 2003
Yes I do. Why did Short Circuit not release his album? It would have been dope! I don't who owns the rights or the situation. If anyone here could please tell me that'd be great! What's QB name now?
i cant remember his new name bc i didnt get the album but he lives in atlanta now and he a trap rapper.

Mixerr

Mixerr Reviews
Nov 17, 2012
Austin, Texas, US
www.facebook.com
i havent seen nothing on him since 2000 when he was on 106 and park with p and silkk. if any of these guys still around they will have either twitter pages, youtube, or facebook. Krazy from no limit be answering questions about no limit from fans.

honestly in these situations alot these albums probaly got done then p turned them into priority records and priority shelved them or they couldve been taken as a lien when he had financial problems with the company. i doubt any of these ever see light though bc with insiders now some wouldve been leaked.

i doubt p will answer any questions about these artist and he will say thats past im focused on new no limit. so your best bet to get info about this is to try to contact the artists.

p wont answer non the questions about it either he will say thats the past this the new no limit we moving forward.
I don't get why Priority would shelve them if they came from No Limit. I guess the artists themselves don't "own" theirs albums. I doubt they even care anymore because it's not "their" albums.

Krazy from no limit be answering questions about no limit from fans.
How do I get in contact with him? Thanks again!

Also I found this!: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/da_no_limit_family/1

Last edited:

Mixerr

Mixerr Reviews
Nov 17, 2012
Austin, Texas, US
www.facebook.com
I found a list of unreleased No Limit albums! From here The Tank: The Net's #1 Site for No Limit Records & Wikipedia.

In every No Limit release, space in the inserts were devoted to promotion for upcoming No Limit albums. Many of these never saw the light of day.

Mystikal - Let's Get Ready to Rumble (Not to be confused with Let's Get Ready, which was released on Jive Records after Mystikal's departure from No Limit.)
TRU - Da Miller Boys
A-Lexxus - Let's Ride
Porsha - Self-Titled
Mia X - Sista Stories
Ms. Peaches - Ghetto Angel
Erica Fox - Self-Titled
Short Circuit - Gone AWOL
Two for One - Lets Go to War
Tank Doggs - Beware of Da Doggs
QB - Ghetto Ingredients
DJ KLC - Hits by the Pound
Samm - Enemy of the Street
X-Con - Back on the Block (Sometimes also shown as artist name "Black Felon")
Popeye - Edge of my Life
D.I.G. - Afterlife
Baby Soulja - Eye of a Youngster
Hounds of Gert Town - Blood n' Passion
Lockdown Soundtrack
Down South Hustlers: Makin' Moves Compilation
No Limit East Compilation
Ryan Daoust - Don't Call Me Boo-duh

Feb 8, 2003
I don't get why Priority would shelve them if they came from No Limit. I guess the artists themselves don't "own" theirs albums. I doubt they even care anymore because it's not "their" albums.

How do I get in contact with him? Thanks again!

Also I found this!: All videos from Dano Limit fam (da_no_limit_family) on Dailymotion

bc priority was the parent label.

heres his youtube page in those videos he tells his facebook page where people was asking him questions at.

CrazyIbervilleNigga's channel - YouTube

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2010
One thing I remember talkin about in a past thread here was how King George - Life of a kingpin used to get advertised as an upcoming album in some of the No Limit albums... see the rear of 99 ways to die for quick reference..

Life of a kingpin had a different artwork back in those advertisements, maybe a phunky phat graph-x design... I remember 4thereal suggesting there might be a whole different version of the album, or at least a partially recorded one before he had his falling out with Master P and left/got kicked out..

Life of a kingpin when it did come out was produced by AK, and was a dope ass album, but mayne, it would be a dream to hear some other version that might have had K-Lou and other bay producers they were using at the time... I will never stop wondering about this one

ispeakthetruth

Jul 27, 2008
No Limit wasn't broke. Bankruptcy is something many corporate entities do. This is actually a smart business move, depending on the situation. From what I know, P wasn't trying to pay for lawsuits and lawyers for artists who were no longer on his label. Not to mention, K-Lou hit Master P with a lawsuit stating they released Lil Italy's album without permission.. WTF.. You have to be careful with who you do business with, and make sure the paperwork is straight. Longtime relationships, and homeboy business can get you caught up down the road. Bankruptcy can help you retain your assets, debt forgiveness, etc.. Depending on the type of bankruptcy.

Here's some old news of other things.

http://entertainment.excite.com/article/id/318930|entertainment|04-21-2003::14:45|reuters.html

http://www.mtv.com/news/1431923/master-p-faces-10-million-suit-over-mia-x-contract-dispute/