What happened to the r&b group?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
just sittin here bumpin Blackstreet's "Don't leave me girl"...i miss shit like this...what happened to the r&b group like blackstreet and boyz II men...i mena, theres still 112 and Jagged Edge, but theyve been out a few years now and arent really doing the r&b the way it was in the 90's...i just miss old 90's r&b...

Apr 25, 2002
Blackstreet has had continuous problems and it's always involved money. Teddy Riley is a cold piece with the contracts but then you see where it got him in the long run.

Blackstreet has a new roster (again) and has material recorded but as far as I know there's no release date or if it's even official at this point.

Dec 2, 2005
stingy said:
good question G i don't have an answer tho except be on the look out fo jodeci's new album!!! comin soon!
u serious? i wonder if it'll be coo though....long past groups that come back usually just do IIGHHT..i haven't seen a group that came back bigggg....we'll see though

Nov 7, 2005
BALLHAWG said:
My theory .

MTV wants pretty motherfuckers.

Not people who can actually sing.
true. and it's hard to find 4 dudes with the same look. 5'1 to 5'4 110 to 130 lbs. omarion and them dudes fit that bill. you gotta be short to not imtimidate the teeny boppers

Feb 13, 2005
BayCal said:
u serious? i wonder if it'll be coo though....long past groups that come back usually just do IIGHHT..i haven't seen a group that came back bigggg....we'll see though
i just care bout the musick good music i don't if they win awards or watever the hecks? but yea hope they sell lots tho fo sho!

Dec 3, 2005
BALLHAWG said:
My theory .

MTV wants pretty motherfuckers.

Not people who can actually sing.
Aint that the truth I was just tellin' my boy yesterday that if Pattie Labelle came out just right now she wouldn't be in the legand status she's at now.Cuz coorprate muthafuckas are biased against ugly fat people.

Apr 25, 2002
blackstreet, tony toni tone, guy and after 7 are coming to perform in sacramento on the 31st. just thought id throw that in there. Their albums were nice they should put out another one..

I

Instigator

PsyDaL said:
blackstreet, tony toni tone, guy and after 7 are coming to perform in sacramento on the 31st. just thought id throw that in there. Their albums were nice they should put out another one..
This was a hell of a concert. All of the groups still sound great. Teddy Riley stole the show though, performing with Blackstreet and Guy while still having time to break off his verse from Wrecx n Effect's "Rumpshaker." Awesome, old-school show!