What happened to the Midwest forum???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
You "know-it-all", and seem to be on Siccness quite regularly. Besides me answering my own question, why don't you give an opinion on why the Midwest forum is so bland. I'm just trying to spice it up and offer new perspectives. (Make sure every word i spelled is correct, i know you don't mind correcting someone's spelling....)
The midwest forum is bland because nobody other than some KC artists update the forum. I rarely see anything on here worth reading. I mean, Jesse James gives out music and such, but even he summed it up. People are too busy with other things. The only way this forum will blow up is if the midwest blows up.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Midwest aint as united either. STL artists smile in each other faces and then say FUCK'em when they turn there backs. Its radio DJs in our region fault Midwest aint pop'n.
The radio DJ is nothing more than a tool for mainstream V.P.'s to pump out their low rung shit on people. It's not their fault that unsigned/underground artists are unappreciative of the fans and opportunities they have and their overall laziness will doom them from ever reaching their higher goal.

You can only grind so much until you realize you may have to use others to get to the next level. Not many artists take their game further because they spend too much time waiting for their "big break" when they should just make as many waves as they can and call it a day.

There's really only two ways I've seen that a rap artist can make it big;

they either weather the storm for years and years until the industry gives them the shot to take it global, or the sell themselves to major labels in exchange for their creative control and gimmick.

Not many relatively new artists just pop up on major networks unless they've been brought in by other artists (yung joc and hot stylz) or have sold their musical creativity in exchange for overexposure to the masses.

Mar 12, 2006
The radio DJ is nothing more than a tool for mainstream V.P.'s to pump out their low rung shit on people.
Agreed.

It's not their fault that unsigned/underground artists are unappreciative of the fans and opportunities they have and their overall laziness will doom them from ever reaching their higher goal.
I couldn't disagree more with this statement. Speaking on KC, since thats the only scene I can observe, it is not possible for an underground act to break out. Most artists out here are not lazy or unappreciative, I am strictly a fan and have connected with a few rappers out here and most seem to really dig that I break bread on their shit. Sure, some artists are lazy, that's on them.

How many times do you turn on the radio and hear anything local in KC? (except at 1 AM) Probably not often if at all. Every now and then a smash single will come through and dominate the HOT 8 @ 8. (XtaC - So Heavy, Cash Image - In My Chevy, etc...) But I've yet to hear a follow up single that gets ANY play. It doesn't matter what artist it is, NONE get love. After the disk drops the artist are left high and dry.

May 25, 2005
@ thizz: i feel you cuddie!

My group Black Ice showed hella love to all fans and when we tried to take it to the next level, it was a no-go. and it wasnt cuz the music was crap, we had actual good music and a fan base in Warrensburg, Knob, Sedalia,Jeff City, Columbia, and all that.

When we wanted to try out the big city, we made less progress than what we did in the little towns. want a show mr. new artist? ca$h me out. oh, u wanna get on this mixtape? ca$h me out. Its fucking impossible to do unless u have hella paper in KC, fuck the talent! all you gotta do is buy your way to radio and hot 8 @ 8.

am i jaded and bitter about my time spent in KC? yes and no.

yes: i ran in circles. we tried to hop on everything from mayday in '05 to club kandi to the little things they tried to do at phase ii, and every place we tried wanted us to toss them money. i get it, its a business. but at the same time, these cats will fuck off a whole function to the highest bidder. screw the talent. screw actually having a good show where you as a promoter could rake in dough cuz you're known for throwing good events. no, just give me money now.

no: Kansas City deff. made me harder as far as mentally and it made me think way the fuck outside the box. it made me think of ways to try to get the hell around the fuck ass bitch ass system that has that city hostage.

well, thats just a piece of my 2 cents. KC got hella talent and its wide open and i wish it woulda worked when i was there but oh well...

crazy shit is as soon as i got back home to the bay, boom, im doin shows and im getting paid for them shits ($50, but hey, its gas money!) and i aint been home perminatley in 7 years. hell, i wasnt even tryna do this shit till i came out that way!

why did the shows start popping off when i got back? cuz there are promoters willing to take that chance and we got a dope ass live set. and the promoters know that so they ask us back. and its getting known that we have good music AND a good live set, which equals more fans and more money for the promoter/venue.

now dont that make more sense?

www.myspace.com/blackiceclickk
www.myspace.com/dirtmerchants

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Some of you all are funny.........

Peep - The midwest board needs artist that are willing to spend a couple minutes here and there getting on this board and staying live with the people here. You can't tell me it don't work. Cmob, 3rd Degree, and a couple others are living proof that you can sell a couple hundred just by getting on the internet and interacting.

Now then, why don't some of the midwests "gangster" artist do this? It's because of you all. I remember when folks first started getting on the internet and rap sites. If a not so well known "gangster rap" artist got on an started doing thug thizzle on the net, then automatically he was a INTERNET Gang Banger! And coincidentally, no one would peep them. Who wants to be known like that? Especially if you need to come across hard and you need to sell product.

Example - Tech N9ne. For years I was on his site hyping him up. And for Years Tech never said 1 word, why? Because he wasn't well established throughout the midwest yet. But now, he gets on and chops it up with his folks over on his board because he knows NOW it won't damage his R-E-P-U-T-A-T-I-O-N.

I am just saying...........don't shoot bb's at a cat, then ask him to come play with you.

Aug 31, 2005
Its radio DJs in our region fault Midwest aint pop'n.
CAN'T BLAME THEM, THEY JUST ROBOTS.........

Yea, we got radio DJ's and club/party DJ's that have been holding KC artists back for AT LEAST 20 YEARS!!! I'm speaking literally the same mfn DJs have been on the radio and in the clubs for AT LEAST 20 YEARS!!! I could name drop but if you know KC, you know the old ass "won't get out the way, hate on everybody" local DJs i'm talkin about...
LOL....CAN'T ALWAYS BLAME THE DJ'S.....THERES NO DJ IN KC POWERFUL ENOUGH TO HOLD ANY ARTIST BAKC. POINT BLANK
KPRS ONLY HAS 1"DJ" AND THAT'S JT QUICK. IF HE HAD SOME FREEDOM, I KNOW FOR A FACT HE WOULD SHOW LOVE TO LOCALS. I'VE SEEN HIM PUT PEOPLE ON BEFORE HE WAS IN KC.................KENNY DIAMONDS AND KOOL WAYNE SHOW LOCALS CRAZY LOVE, BUT THEY NOT "DJ'S" EITHER.

THE "OLD ASS BEEN IN THE GAME FOR 20 YEARS DJ'S"(YOU SAID IT NOT ME, CHEEZ..LOL) GOT THEY OWN AGENDA AND THEY TRYIN TO FIND THEY OWN WAY.........

SOME OF THESE RAPPERS NEED TO FALL THA FUCK BACK TOO AND GET SOME JOBS WIT BENEFITS AND TAKE CARE OF THEY KIDS...

I DON'T CONSIDER MYSELF A DJ EVEN THOUGH I HAVE BEEN ON THA TABLES FOR OVER 15 YEARS...AND NONE OF THEM "DJ'S" GOT OUT THA WAY FOR ME TO DO MY THIZZLE. I CREATED MY OWN LANE! THAT'S WHAT SOME OF THESE RAPPERS NEED TO DO!

AIN'T TRYIN TO SOUND COCKY, BUT FUKC IT...MY ONLINE SWAGG IS FEELIN GOOD RIGHT NOW AND I'M SOBER? I GOT THA MUTHAFUCKIN KEY TO THA CITY AND THA STREETMONSTAZ IS RUNNIN FOR DOUBLE MAYOR'S!!!.....IF THAT EVEN MAKES SENSE...WANNA GET SOME SHIT POPPIN?, AND YOU FROM THE TOWN, FUKC WIT US, WE FUKC WIT ANYBODY THAT'S TRYIN TO GET IT, THAT HAS SOME BUSINESS SENSE

THE HATE-O-METER IS PRETTY HIGH RIGHT NOW AND I LIKE IT! JUST MEANS I'M DOIN SOMETHING RIGHT!

IT'S ALWAYS GOOD COMMUNICATIN WIT YOU CHEEZ, I LIKE THE TRUTH

***OH YEAH, HOW MANY RAPPERS THAT WAS IN THE KC RAPQUEST(OZONE MAG) WAS UNDER 30?????

SOMEONE ANSWER THAT PLEASE AND YOU'LL SEE WHAT'Z WRONG WIT THE TOWN

Aug 31, 2005
oh, u wanna get on this mixtape? ca$h me out. Its fucking impossible to do unless u have hella paper in KC, fuck the talent![/COLOR][/U][/B].
MIXTAPES JUST DONT POP OUT OF NO WHERE HOMIE.... THEY DON'T FALL OFF TREES. SHIT COST $$$$$ FOR WHOEVER IS PUTTIN IT OUT

STUDIO TIME, EQUIPMENT, ARTWORK, PRESSING, GRINDTIME......YOU DO THE MATH.....SHIT AIN'T CHEAP.

50 CENT PUT HIS OWN FUCKIN MIXTAPES OUT W/ NO DJ, THE 1ST 3 TAPES THAT STARTED HIS BILLION DOLLAR GAMEPLAN!!!

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T YOU AND EVERY OTHER SOUR RAPPER DO THAT?

Aug 26, 2002
i disagree mutt: they are not robots in stl, there at least three times a day even more in stl were DJs get to do a 30 minute mix. STL HAS ENOUGH SOLID QUALITY ARTISTS to fill up those 30 minutes, they only show luv to.......drumroll NELLY AND MURPHY LEE!!!!! I know artists that can fart better they can make music

Aug 31, 2005
DERRTY DJ'S CONTROL THAT MARKET....ANYTIME YOU HAVE A DJ CREW THAT IS DOING BIZNESS AND OPERATING AS A UNIT AND HAVE SOME OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL DJ'S IN THE CITY, THERES A SYSTEM.

THEY GOT RECORDS THAT ARE THEIR PRIORITY'S, SO THAT'S WHAT THEY PLAY...........IN A SENSE THEY ARE ROBOTS....YOU FEEL ME. THEY GOT DERRTY DJ'S IN KC THAT PLAY RECORDS FOR BRANDON. BECAUSE HE TELLS THEM TOO AND THEY MOVE AS A TEAM....NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT

WHEN YOU IN A POSITION OF POWER, YOU CAN DO THAT. JUST LIKE IF YOU DO WORK FOR OZONE, YOU CAN PUT WHO YOU WANT IN THERE AND LEAVE OUT WHO YOU WANT. THAT'S THE POWER YOU GOT.

THIS GAME IS ALL ABOUT POWER

POLITICS AND BULLSHIT IS ALSO WHAT HAS BEEN INFECTIN HIP HOP FOR A LONG TIME....

Aug 26, 2002
i do work for ozone, check the rapquest.......i feel u to an extend.

but i rather build up my city then tear it down, wrong people have too much power. Brandon , no comment on that guy.

we as Midwest artist need to start networking more with each other on gp to expand our business and fan bases. It can't be no ooooh weee acting like you in the majors or nuttin. If you got credentials in the game cool, but don't be fugazi when it comes to collabo's with other midwestern artists. I got hella ties to kc my whole family from my moms side to my fathers side is from there but I'm from minnesota. Kc artists and Twin cities artists need to work together. I sure could use yall fans and I'm sure yall could use mine.

Lets do tracx together shit whole cd's like midwest connection type shit and spread our muzic like a fuccin virus... Even if you're not as good a musician as me, if you got drive I will most deffinately work with you because I know the muzic will be heard....

Find a good underground dj and we can put ourselves on the map like the chi did with them sox park mob tapes...

hit me up to network..

TANQUERAY LOCC
HEATED MUZIC INC.
PRODUCER/MC/ SINGER/ STUDIO ENGINEER/

[email protected]

send me INSTRUMENTAS I'LL SING A HOOK TO IT, SEND ME A SONG WITH NO HOOK I'LL SING A HOOK TO IT, SEND ME A SONG WITH AN OPEN 16 AND I WILL DROP TO IT AND PUT A HOOK TO IF NEEDED...

WE NEED TO START NETWORKING BOTTOM LINE... AND FOR FREE DON'T BE TRY'NA CHARGE EACH OTHER TO GET ON PROJECTS..

Aug 5, 2002
^^^^
I feel you Tanq, I'ma get at you with a couple beats and we can do this. I'm getting ready to put alot of my time into the project I'm working on right now, so I'd definately appreciate a hook or 16 from you man. I'll try to get to the studio this week and line some shit up and send it to you and you can let me know what you think. I'd love to get on a cut of yours too, networking with some Minneapolis artists is what I'm trying to do at this point.