What happened to the Midwest forum???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 20, 2006
Is it just me or is the Midwest forum just real dull now. I'm not on Siccness as much as i used to be, but when i am, it just seems to be the same ol, same ol....

Mar 12, 2006
Yeah, the midwest forum blows now lol, even when artists come on here not much love is shown... unless its cmob, the sicc eats his shit up haha

mocheezkc, The Popper mensions somethin you said up on the siccness about older cats on one of his songs... what he talkin bout?

Sep 16, 2002
www.2coldgraphiks.com
It's been dull because to be truthful, Midwest rap, or the style at least, is dead. The OG's aint really makin good albums or not makin albums @ all. And all the new rappers, except SLC, Payroll, Dude Nem, C-Mob, Tre Sins and Tha Rellaz, are just South and East Coast imitators (and poor ones @ that). So yeah, that's why this board aint like it used to be. Nothin worth talkin about these days.

Jan 31, 2005
YEP, WE GOIN THROUGH A CHANGING OF THE GUARD AS OF RIGHT NOW I FEEL, IT'S TIME FOR ALL THE OLD RAPPERS TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE NEW BREED OF RAPPERS COMING UP. AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT I SEE IN KANSAS CITY AND SOME OTHER MIDWEST CITYS. PROBLEM ALSO IS THE OLDER CAMPS HAVE NOT BROUGHT UP ANY SOLDIERS UNDER THEM THEY TRYIN TO SQUEEZE OUT ALL THE LAST SHINE THEY CAN INSTEAD OF GUIDING THESE YOUNGSTERS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AND AT LEAST TRYING TO KEEP THEY OWN NAME ALIVE AT THE SAME TIME. IT'S GONNA BE STALE FOR A QUICK SECOND, IT'S GONNA HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE DJ'S REALLY SHOWCASING THE ARTISTS AGAIN. BE ON THE LOOK OUT WE GOT A REMEDY FOR THIS SHIT COMIN THROUGH SOON. THATS PART OF MY PERSPECTIVE ON THIS SHIT, IF SOMEBODY KNOW ANY DIFFERENT LET ME KNOW

ROB1
STREETMONSTAZ

Jun 24, 2004
HOLLY WILL give Kansas City & The midwest something to talk about soon..Thats the same thing he has talked about all the "40 yr old rappers" ...But we have some changes in order trust me.

WE have the latin prez of the Core DJs(Reflect) wanting to get down so we will see what all happens..Production isnt a problem( Im on it) now its getting the proper shit in place before we go hard at this.

If you dont know who HOLLY aka H.O is of Hunnit Proof is: take a listen to: "WHAT ELSE U WANNA KNO" , "MONEY DONT STOP" , "FANTHOM N THE FRONT" & "PIPEGAME" AND the dope concept " GET OVER U"

www.myspace.com/hollydasurething

Feb 8, 2003
Is it just me or is the Midwest forum just real dull now. I'm not on Siccness as much as i used to be, but when i am, it just seems to be the same ol, same ol....
Its been like that for the last two years, nothing popping in this forum its just a waste of space. Everything should be converted to the general hip hop forum. Only rappers get brought up in here is Sandman, Tech N9ne and Bone thats it.

Jun 9, 2007
Its been like that for the last two years, nothing popping in this forum its just a waste of space. Everything should be converted to the general hip hop forum. Only rappers get brought up in here is Sandman, Tech N9ne and Bone thats it.
and the rappers outta Chi (Do or Die, Twista, etc)

but overall, yeah, not much in here... I like checkin it every few days tho hopin for somethin new & interesting, & every so often I'll post something new & interesting, lol

May 20, 2006
I'm going to answer my own question. Block Life "Gorillaz & Birdz". Get up on that and i'll offer a official review. In case you didn't know...

May 20, 2006
It's a good thing you answered your own question. I think that's the reason this forum is going down hill.
You "know-it-all", and seem to be on Siccness quite regularly. Besides me answering my own question, why don't you give an opinion on why the Midwest forum is so bland. I'm just trying to spice it up and offer new perspectives. (Make sure every word i spelled is correct, i know you don't mind correcting someone's spelling....)

May 25, 2005
Cuz it aint poppin for some reason out there. I was in KC and Warrensburg for almost 7 years tryna get it poppin but it was a no-go. shit depressed and demotivated me so much I moved back to the bay 2 months ago! KC has one of the strangest music scene ever...its like running in circles and getting nowhere fast...

Sep 12, 2005
YEP, WE GOIN THROUGH A CHANGING OF THE GUARD AS OF RIGHT NOW I FEEL, IT'S TIME FOR ALL THE OLD RAPPERS TO MAKE ROOM FOR THE NEW BREED OF RAPPERS COMING UP. AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT I SEE IN KANSAS CITY AND SOME OTHER MIDWEST CITYS. PROBLEM ALSO IS THE OLDER CAMPS HAVE NOT BROUGHT UP ANY SOLDIERS UNDER THEM THEY TRYIN TO SQUEEZE OUT ALL THE LAST SHINE THEY CAN INSTEAD OF GUIDING THESE YOUNGSTERS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AND AT LEAST TRYING TO KEEP THEY OWN NAME ALIVE AT THE SAME TIME. IT'S GONNA BE STALE FOR A QUICK SECOND, IT'S GONNA HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE DJ'S REALLY SHOWCASING THE ARTISTS AGAIN. BE ON THE LOOK OUT WE GOT A REMEDY FOR THIS SHIT COMIN THROUGH SOON. THATS PART OF MY PERSPECTIVE ON THIS SHIT, IF SOMEBODY KNOW ANY DIFFERENT LET ME KNOW

ROB1
STREETMONSTAZ

I feel That. Each Playa Teach A Playa. The game is to be sold. But If I tell it to you pay attention. The OG's so to speak aint got nothin to say.... I think Its the Fag Boy JL fault. LMAO:cool:

Aug 31, 2005
MIDWEST FORUM IS WEAK BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE THERE IS ONLY ABOUT 20 PEOPLE THAT ARE ON HERE ON THE REGULAR...SAME OL SHIT TO DISCUSS BESIDES A NEW RELEASE HERE AND THERE....

ALSO I DON'T SEE A WHOLE LOT OF MIDWEST ARTIST ON HERE LIKE IN THE BAY FORUM.....IF THEY ARE ON HERE, THEY POSTIN UP UNDER A ANONYMOUS NAME....SUCKAZ!

AS FAR AS KC, I'MA POST UP MY OPINION AS TO WHY I THINK NOT MUCH PROGRESS IS BEING MADE BY THE CITY AS A WHOLE.........COMING SOON

Aug 26, 2002
the reason why artists are not on here from the Midwest is cause most of them are not even savy enough to run there own myspace let alone come to a music message board.

Midwest is also a wider region, the BAY u can go thru every city in one day if u time it out right.................

Midwest aint as united either. STL artists smile in each other faces and then say FUCK'em when they turn there backs. Its radio DJs in our region fault Midwest aint pop'n.

May 20, 2006
the reason why artists are not on here from the Midwest is cause most of them are not even savy enough to run there own myspace let alone come to a music message board.

Midwest is also a wider region, the BAY u can go thru every city in one day if u time it out right.................

Midwest aint as united either. STL artists smile in each other faces and then say FUCK'em when they turn there backs. Its radio DJs in our region fault Midwest aint pop'n.
Yea, we got radio DJ's and club/party DJ's that have been holding KC artists back for AT LEAST 20 YEARS!!! I'm speaking literally the same mfn DJs have been on the radio and in the clubs for AT LEAST 20 YEARS!!! I could name drop but if you know KC, you know the old ass "won't get out the way, hate on everybody" local DJs i'm talkin about...