What Happened to Grant Rice?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 22, 2005
Yep they was the first ones up on that stage I guess, and shit this all word of mouth but i guess grant and trav had a falling out!\. Grant address the shit on the EMPIRE cd crowned track called pot of gold I think. Too bad too those empire cat's have alot of talent..Him and tech still cool I think

http://www.youtube.com/user/Crowned3tv Last shit I ever seen of dude

Aug 18, 2002
im friends with grant and he is just doin the family thing now and just had another baby but who knows he mite jump back into music one day
i hope so
Good for Grant. But he's just given up on music all together? That's too bad. Always liked what G. Rice had goin on...and all the newer stuff I've heard was real dope! What happen'd to the album he was working on? "The Grand Opening" or "Let's Make History"? I think it was titled....

Songs I got are like Hallelujah, The Grand Opening, Heaven's Falling, Forever & Forever, The Get Down, Goodbye November...??? That shits all hot to me! Come on Grease!

Nov 19, 2008
www.demencha.com
I think the last time I saw Grant was at Voodoo Lounge for the Kid Cudi/B.O.B. show, which was last summer I think. He put me up on a bunch of dope music in just the three or four times I've ran into him. He's a real cool cat, and the music on his myspace page is off the chain, last time I looked at least. He's got an ear for music for sure, and I think if he ever did try to make a serious push at putting out more music he could make serious moves.

Here's a link to an interview I did with him in the summer of 2008. In this interview, he talks about Strange, what he learned from Tech by being his hypeman for several years, the new label, how he was trying to rebuild his fan base, and a whole bunch of other stuff. This interview also appeared in the summer '08 issue of Demencha, as well as on our site, demencha.com.

Enjoy:

http://demencha.com/?p=110

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
yeah G. Rice always came straight on most of what he was on... hopefully he makes a push when he's ready to do his thing again