What does this mean to you?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 1, 2011
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God”?- Epicurus

This caught my attention, I live w/ a permanent disability and have often found myself staring up @ the sky asking myself why I have this rosary around my neck, over my bed and why I pray @ night....

Nov 24, 2003
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God”?- Epicurus

This caught my attention, I live w/ a permanent disability and have often found myself staring up @ the sky asking myself why I have this rosary around my neck, over my bed and why I pray @ night....

I think you answered your own question in the statement above. That is a great quote btw.

It reminded me of the recent quote from Dave Silverman of the American Atheist group in response to the dispute over displaying the "cross" found in the WTC rubble.

"The WTC cross has become a Christian icon. It has been blessed
by so-called holy men and presented as a reminder that their god,
who couldn’t be bothered to stop the Muslim terrorists or prevent
3,000 people from being killed in his name, cared only enough to
bestow upon us some rubble that resembles a cross. It’s a truly
ridiculous assertion."

May 24, 2007
“Now, however, O Job, please hear my words,
And to all my speaking do give ear"

"Far be it from the [true] God to act wickedly,
And the Almighty to act unjustly!"

"Yes, for a fact, God himself does not act wickedly,
And the Almighty himself does not pervert judgment."

'Shall one say to a king, ‘You are good for nothing’?
To nobles, ‘You are wicked’?'

"He breaks powerful ones without any investigation,
And he makes others stand up instead of them."

"For the reason that they have turned aside from following him,
And none of his ways have they considered,

"So as to cause the outcry of the lowly one to come to him;
And so he hears the outcry of the afflicted ones"

"Is this what you have regarded as justice?
You have said, ‘My righteousness is more than God’s.’

"For you say, ‘Of what use is it to you?
What benefit do I have more than by my sinning?

"Look up to heaven and see,
And behold the clouds, [that] they are indeed higher than you."

"If you actually sin, what do you accomplish against him?
And [if] your revolts actually increase, what do you do to him?"

"If you are really in the right, what do you give him,
Or what does he receive from your own hand?"
Who has called his way to account against him,
And who has said, ‘You have committed unrighteousness’?"

"Therefore let men fear him.
He does not regard any who are wise in [their own] heart.”

And Jehovah proceeded to answer Job out of the windstorm and say:

"Where did you happen to be when I founded the earth?
Tell [me], if you do know understanding."

"Really, will you invalidate my justice?
Will you pronounce me wicked in order that you may be in the right? "

"See every one haughty, humble him,
And tread down the wicked right where they are."

"Hide them together in the dust,
Bind their very faces in the hidden place,"

"And I, even I, shall commend you,
Because your right hand can save you."

May 24, 2007
"You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or that is on the earth underneath or that is in the waters under the earth."

"You must not bow down to them nor be induced to serve them, because I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion"

"the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him."

"God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth."

Exodus 20: 4,5 John 4:23,24

Feb 7, 2006

Read some Thomas Aquinas.

Mar 18, 2003
I actually don't think much of this quote at all.

I see the following is being fallacious: Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.

Why can't God be indifferent? And if he can, the former and the latter are inconsequential.

Apr 5, 2004
maybe you shouldnt of been praying to stupid rosarys and crosses lol how u gona ask for help from man made bullshyt, talk about selling your religion for a cheap price lol, u see your stupid 2$ rosarys as an idol and ask for it for help, well there is Your god helping you. Maybe u should re-think who to get mad at before your start testing God.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
i see prayer as a form of meditaion. and the feeling you get after and during is beneficial to the mind. It helps.it like sending a letter to GOD? dont know?

there are benifits. peace of mind if you will. the thing is when prayer works the most the person praying has to do their part as well. you cant pray for shit keep a negative mind set and just sit around and hope things get better.

prayer really works when lets say you prayer to have a good harvest or stop being bullied for example.

you cant just sit around and not tend to your crops you have to go out there everyday and bust your ass to make sure you aer doing everything you can to raise your shit right. so you go in to this trance were its work work work and GOD wiil throw in a lil help. When in reality its YOU who did all the work better teh second time as apposed to when you prayed that.

You pray to GOD the tommy over here will stop giving you wedgies and taking your choco milk. Well you can pray to be stronger and to have courge or that he dies in a bath full of AIDS thats on fire. But Lets say you dont just leave it up GOD. you start learning how to throw a punch. Bath fulla AIDS wont do you no good but the fact you prayed and BELIEVE that GOD will help you then you have that confidence in yourself to solve the problem. Its like a self pep talk.

Bottom line prayer is helpful to the mind and soul. But if you just pray and dont put no effort your gonna be shit outta luck.

i say this all the time: Why am I gonnna help him if he dont wanna help himself?
SO PRAY! but dont be a lazy bitch about it.. There are no magic wand except in my pants!