What do you think of the new e-40 single?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 6, 2009
I remember the days when E-40 used to set the trends as opposed to following them...
Honestly people are still following trends he set a long time ago. Listen to The Charlie hustle album, he talks about drinking lean on there and also uses tons of words that I just started hearing in the past couple years from other artist. You would have had to followed his music to know it though

May 7, 2002
Honestly people are still following trends he set a long time ago. Listen to The Charlie hustle album, he talks about drinking lean on there and also uses tons of words that I just started hearing in the past couple years from other artist. You would have had to followed his music to know it though
Charlie Hustle came out nearly 15 years ago. That's exactly why I said, "I remember the days when he used to set trends." We all know 40 was ahead of his time back then. It's just sad to see him making a bunch of bubblegum pop songs nowdays. You don't see artists like Nas (with the exception of Oochie Wally) or Scarface doing shit like that. I'm not hating on 40's hustle. It just seems like he's selling out in order to stay relevant.

It is what it is, though. I'm just glad I can bump all of his old shit.

Last edited:

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Charlie Hustle came out nearly 15 years ago. That's exactly why I said, "I remember the days when he used to set trends." We all know 40 was ahead of his time back then. It's just sad to see him making a bunch of bubblegum pop songs nowdays. You don't see artists like Nas (with the exception of Oochie Wally) or Scarface doing shit like that. I'm not hating on 40's hustle. It just seems like he's selling out in order to stay relevant.

It is what it is, though. I'm just glad I can bump all of his old shit.
Obviously you ain't gonna change your mind but all his new songs aren't like this one. There's plenty of real E40 songs on the albums.