*** What Do You People Want?!?! ***

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 1, 2005
Theres people on here bitching ALL the time about album sales, airplay, networking, etc. Some say, "why dont Bay artists push their music outside the Yay more often" or "why are alot of bay rappers happy with selling 5-10k units" at the same time, if these same artists end up on Mtv, BET, or radio, then all the sudden you got people complaining about "selling out" or going "mainstream" and shit like that. If I was presented with the opportunity to do it the Bay way I would. Why wouldnt you want to sell 10k and make a mil off of it??? Most of these guys are happy with the skrill. They dont want to put up with the pressures, dont want they nationwide fame, dont want their shit in the mainstream media. They just do what they do and they do it BIG. Let artists do what the fuck they wanna do. Listen to the music and oppinionate (is that a word?) on that. Dont worry about how many discs they sell or why 'hyphy' hasnt caught on in bangor, Maine or why people arent 'sideshowin' in providence, Rhode Island. Personally I'd rather be a skrillionaire in the Bay actin a fool rather than catching flights everyday between NY and LA for Tonight Show interviews and TRL appearances.

Oct 10, 2004
if you sold 10 thousand units youd probablly pocket about 60-70 grand that is if it was your cd and your label without any hands touching then youd have to subtract expenses.....most people in the bay execpt a handful sell no more then 3,000 units

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
TUNEZ_PWP said:
if you sold 10 thousand units youd probablly pocket about 60-70 grand that is if it was your cd and your label without any hands touching then youd have to subtract expenses.....most people in the bay execpt a handful sell no more then 3,000 units
church

May 22, 2003
www.dankmobb.com
TUNEZ_PWP said:
let em know maine!

Oct 1, 2005
im trying to express an idea. if u look at the example and get the POINT from it and not read into the exact numbers it goes better with what i was trying to say. Does anyone have an opinion about what my POINT was or is everyone going to be a critic about one statistic?

Apr 26, 2002
ItsMeZ said:
im trying to express an idea. if u look at the example and get the POINT from it and not read into the exact numbers it goes better with what i was trying to say. Does anyone have an opinion about what my POINT was or is everyone going to be a critic about one statistic?
i get "tha point" homie. its jus a no win shituation. we want our favorite artists to get fame and exposure, but when they do "make it", we call em sell outs. jus like u homie, i like it tha independent way (fan/consumer speaking, not as an artist). i like ridin in tha ride bumpin shit that's tight as fucc and no ones heard of. i c ur point, its just a fucced up shituation. to be honest, i live in atlanta so tha hyphy movement aint big out here, but if keak did blow up or turf or whoever from tha bay blew up and i heard nuttin but lames playin that hyphy shit out, out here, i would hate it. fold.

Oct 10, 2004
i totally agree with your point i was just throwing in some facts
yes there is a market outside of the bay to be truthfully honest and as sad as it is theres more money to be made outside of the bay even with a completlly bay project but how many of us actually have the money to get outside the bay and attack it like we can at home??the answer is not many bro

but this is one of them dead end things kinda like the 5 million and one songs that include the words hyphy,white tee,nikes,purple,pills,skrapers,and go dumb.oops i forgot stunnas the world famous homosexual sunglasses

it was tight when the federation did it on rick rock beats but im really sick of the wack producers who think they can flip that sound pallet like the king of the yay

good music is a expression on what a artist or producer comes up with from there soul not i want to sound like this guy so ill copy him as much as possible and try to get the same results