What do you LOVE/HATE about Northern Cali Rap?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 16, 2006
mylot.com
I hate that when a formula seems to work, everyone & their momma thinks that they can become the next rap-superstars out here... Muhfuckas oversaturate the game w/ repetitive-ass topics, beats, etc. People don't come original anymore, for the most part...

Apr 19, 2005
www.SacTownRadio.com
I hate that when a formula seems to work, everyone & their momma thinks that they can become the next rap-superstars out here... Muhfuckas oversaturate the game w/ repetitive-ass topics, beats, etc. People don't come original anymore, for the most part...
I feel ya homie, but isn't that true no matter what region? When the South comes out with a formula that seems to work..ain't everybody jumpin on the bandwagon? I can't say for sure..but it just seems like that's the way the rap game goes...

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I hate how artists put out unfinished projects and call them albums, not mixed/mastered poor production and wonder why no one is buying their shit anymore

Apr 19, 2005
www.SacTownRadio.com
I hate how artists put out unfinished projects and call them albums, not mixed/mastered poor production and wonder why no one is buying their shit anymore
Yeah mayne I hear that...you wouldn't believe some of the tracks some of these folks be submitt'in for airplay...I mean not the song itself but the production on it and it's just not good...

I do love our style tho, no one else in the country has the style or is ontop of new word play (slang) like Northern Cali..

Oct 16, 2006
mylot.com
I feel ya homie, but isn't that true no matter what region? When the South comes out with a formula that seems to work..ain't everybody jumpin on the bandwagon? I can't say for sure..but it just seems like that's the way the rap game goes...
ya, but I mean damn-near everyone I know, acquaintances or otherwise, literally want to be rappers. & the shit comin' out the South was garbage when it came out... I can't hate people 'cuz they wanna do somethin' for the money, cuz obviously people like Souljah Boy and others like him are makin' money through this bs excuse for music, but the people that support it make me wonder sometimes...

Yeah mayne I hear that...you wouldn't believe some of the tracks some of these folks be submitt'in for airplay...I mean not the song itself but the production on it and it's just not good...

I do love our style tho, no one else in the country has the style or is ontop of new word play (slang) like Northern Cali..
Ya, that's another problem is the poor-production on some albums... Not just mixtapes, but albums... It's like come on... "Step Ya Game Up." & I'm not hatin' on our music... I support it. It's just that people are getting lazy and don't wanna be creative anymore... Besides a select few (underground mainly)

Aug 7, 2006
most shit i hear on the streets is not mastered so it sounds garbage. I am speaking from a area if you have a dope track but it sounds gritty and not mastered it will probably still sound garbage. a lot of heads who only put 50% into it and not 110%

Jul 5, 2008
I view it like this! I think whoever said it hit it right on tha head... the fucked up thing bout nor cal rap right now is EVERYONE is trying to rap! and everyone is makin there own lil home studios and callin there shit tight when its garbage! Not sayin all the lyrics are wack cuz some are sick but but the production and studio quality! my advice to those rappers, u know who you are, theres no shame in having a home studio and using it to help step ur game up, but use it for that, and thats it! get some real production, not talkin bout go out and droppin g's on a beat, but invest some of your cash in a good quality beat and get your self some REAL studio time!!! AT A REAL STUDIO! it will work wonders for your songs and other people will start respecting you as an artist!

oh yeah and STOP SUBMITTING WACK ASS SONGS TO RADIO STATIONS AND STOP TRYIN TO HIT UP PROMOTERS FOR SHOWS, YOUR FUCKING IT UP FOR THE REAL ARTISTS THAT PUT ALOT OF TIME, EFFORT , AND MONEY INTO THERE WORK! - JUST MY TWO CENTS!

Apr 19, 2005
www.SacTownRadio.com
What I think is that the youngsters now a days forgot what the 7 dollar mic is for..it for making all your mixtapes, singles and so forth, putting together demo's, and trying to build some scratch and when you do invest it into your next project pay a little bit more for a named producer beat...I just think that folks ain't smart with their $$$ and putting actuall $$ into equipment, production, beats, mastering, ect..

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
What I think is that the youngsters now a days forgot what the 7 dollar mic is for..it for making all your mixtapes, singles and so forth, putting together demo's, and trying to build some scratch and when you do invest it into your next project pay a little bit more for a named producer beat...I just think that folks ain't smart with their $$$ and putting actuall $$ into equipment, production, beats, mastering, ect..
i use my cheap ass set up at home as practice.. then once i get it right then go to a real studio to record.(I SUGGEST THAT UP AND COMERS DO THIS ALSO).. i did this yesterday. and still wasnt 100% on my delivery. if i was paying for time that would busted my pockets.. big ups to BIG RASC of the STONED KINGS for showin lovin at the studio....

Apr 19, 2005
www.SacTownRadio.com
i use my cheap ass set up at home as practice.. then once i get it right then go to a real studio to record.(I SUGGEST THAT UP AND COMERS DO THIS ALSO).. i did this yesterday. and still wasnt 100% on my delivery. if i was paying for time that would busted my pockets.. big ups to BIG RASC of the STONED KINGS for showin lovin at the studio....
That is some good advice, I didn't even think about it that way...good shit Ecose!!