What book are you currently reading or do you recommend?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 6, 2006
Aug 6, 2006
Danm, I can't believe I'm just now noticing that "Reading is Knowledge" thread, free online books is the shit!

ThaG said:
not really...

but what are libraries for... ;)
Yea, that's real. That's what I did in college when I couldn't afford certain text books.:)

Dec 25, 2003
My reading has been extremely limited lately. Too much work and bullshit.

High Tide In Tucson by Barbera Kingsolver.

Essay collection.

Yes it is semi-hippy/pussy/feminist shit but shes still a talented writer and the book has a few good passages.

Jul 22, 2006
From oldest to most current all worth recommending to you all:

In Dubious Battle – John Steinbeck

American Psycho – Brent Easton Ellis

Guns, Germs & Steel – Jared Diamond

Current read - Hell’s Angels – Hunter Thompson

Next on the list:
Confessions of an Economic Hit Man – John Perkins

Mar 9, 2005

Written by the enigmatic Robert Winston, a reproductive scientist and practicing Jew. A very good read - talks about how religion developed and why, including the differences between Abrahamic religions and the source of conflict between Sunni and Shi'ite muslims, amongst others. I recommend it!

Apr 29, 2005
Albert Camus - the stranger

The plot is simple. A young Algerian, Meursault, afflicted with a sort of aimless inertia, becomes embroiled in the petty intrigues of a local pimp and, somewhat inexplicably, ends up killing a man. Once he's imprisoned and eventually brought to trial, his crime, it becomes apparent, is not so much the arguably defensible murder he has committed as it is his deficient character. The trial's proceedings are absurd, a parsing of incidental trivialities--that Meursault, for instance, seemed unmoved by his own mother's death and then attended a comic movie the evening after her funeral are two ostensibly damning facts--so that the eventual sentence the jury issues is both ridiculous and inevitable.

Feb 1, 2006
right now I'm reading Somebody's Gotta Say It by Neal Boortz. It's mainly about the extremely critical opinions of a radio broadcastor on various political topics. It's a good read though, lots of good information.

Jan 28, 2005
I have been reading the Left Behind series of books. I highly recommend this series. It is a excellent story regarding the Biblical rapture and the events that are fortold in the book of Revelation.

May 1, 2003
For some reason...I don't think you talkin bout this kind of book. Going through for the second time.

I recommend a book on nutrition. Something that explains what nutrients do what...as well as what kind of food to avoid...don't know why I recommend this type of book. Hmmmmmmm.