What artist is capible?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 16, 2003
Everybody is talkin bout how west coast gangsta rap is soft and has fallen off and aint nobody comin tight. In your eyes what artist or cd that is suppose to drop this year is capible of putting west coast gangsta rap back on the map?

Off the top I'd say: X-raided's next solo, LBI, Yukmouth, Luni's next solo, i'd say killa tay but i haven't heard about any solo's he has comin soon, honestly, c-lim could do it, thats all i can think of right now.

anybody.............

Mar 13, 2003
I was going to rag on you because you spell like an imbecile...but this is a worthwhile subject.

I'm in a hurry but I'll have to summarize. For a west coast artist to rise to the top of the game he needs to do the following in chronological order:

1) Create an up-tempo (most songs 92-105 bpm) CLASSIC CD. Every song has to be catchy and meaningful (you're not going to blow up rapping about bitch ass cars, how many guns you have, and how much money you spend). There can't be more than 1 wack song.
1b) Oh yeah you have to be able to flow so people can understand you and have a cool voice.
2) Promote the shit out of it until ALL of CA is bumping it. Play every bar, every club from LA to Sactown.
3) Start slangin your CDs and DOCUMENT it - sell at least 100,000 copies on your own and have it in written proof notarized.
4) The radio and labels will come to YOU - at this point, you have to tour nationwide and paper all major cities by yourself. The companies won't assist you at all. Put up posters on every corner of every town nationwide. Play every bar and club you can. This may take a year or two.
5) Once you're a name the majors will come to you.

No west coast artist wants to promote. The playing field is not fair and they will ignore you until you make them notice. You must get out there.

There are no west coast artists willing to "PUt it back on the map" again, nobody's willing to put in work. Nobody's willing to leave their hometown, much less the state.

You can follow plan B

1) Suck Dre's dick and he'll maybe let you guest on Eminem's album - you might sell 10,000 copies off of that.

Jan 16, 2003
Willy Jones said:
I was going to rag on you because you spell like an imbecile...but this is a worthwhile subject.

I'm in a hurry but I'll have to summarize. For a west coast artist to rise to the top of the game he needs to do the following in chronological order:

1) Create an up-tempo (most songs 92-105 bpm) CLASSIC CD. Every song has to be catchy and meaningful (you're not going to blow up rapping about bitch ass cars, how many guns you have, and how much money you spend). There can't be more than 1 wack song.
1b) Oh yeah you have to be able to flow so people can understand you and have a cool voice.
2) Promote the shit out of it until ALL of CA is bumping it. Play every bar, every club from LA to Sactown.
3) Start slangin your CDs and DOCUMENT it - sell at least 100,000 copies on your own and have it in written proof notarized.
4) The radio and labels will come to YOU - at this point, you have to tour nationwide and paper all major cities by yourself. The companies won't assist you at all. Put up posters on every corner of every town nationwide. Play every bar and club you can. This may take a year or two.
5) Once you're a name the majors will come to you.

No west coast artist wants to promote. The playing field is not fair and they will ignore you until you make them notice. You must get out there.

There are no west coast artists willing to "PUt it back on the map" again, nobody's willing to put in work. Nobody's willing to leave their hometown, much less the state.

You can follow plan B

1) Suck Dre's dick and he'll maybe let you guest on Eminem's album - you might sell 10,000 copies off of that.

i really dont care if i mis-spelled anything, siccness forum is not an english classroom, besides, who the hell cares about a raginghomosexual's opinion

so what you're saying is you think west coast gangsta rap will be recognized as hard if it goes mainstream?..lol california gangsta rap is to gangsta for tha radio....you just want a west coast 50 cent..fuck that

May 13, 2002
fuc that loose change fag

fuc mainstream

either lynch, yuk, tay or X

ps. i still don't believe that alot of folks that listen to rap haven't even heard of lynch or X or other well-known westcoast rappers

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
im sorry yall, i realize nobody told you yet, but GANGSTA RAP IS DEAD. at least the kind that you guys are so desperate for a comeback. ITS 2003.

Jan 16, 2003
yea i agree wit you menace, they all need more exposure all though it seems like alot of NY mixtapes got raided on it an alot of them folks are gettin in to him..but they need to cause 99% of east coast rap sounds the same