what are your thoughts

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
Are you emo?

She hurt me, you hurt me, I'm ok, you hurt me. The pain is fine, I'm hurt [insert metaphor], you hurt me. Repeat ad nauseum.

No thanks.

Apr 8, 2005
Are you emo?

She hurt me, you hurt me, I'm ok, you hurt me. The pain is fine, I'm hurt [insert metaphor], you hurt me. Repeat ad nauseum.

No thanks.
are you narrow minded?

there are plenty of other things said in their songs. alot of it is about the lead singers failed marriage, but some of the emotions he explains, can be relevant in other situations. im not emo by any stretch of the imagination, but i have my off days, and im not gonna just not listen to music that day, because the only thing i can relate to at that point might get me labeled an emo by some random guy on the siccness. lol

May 15, 2002
lol I just hate music, as a rule of thumb, that talks about "her" or "you". It's always so literal and takes no talent to write whatsoever. If you're going to use music as a creative outlet, be a little more poetic is all I'm saying.

But I also hate music about relationships, unless it's relationships with drugs like AIC because drugs are cool. If the music itself is good, it'll override the lyrics, but not in this case IMO.

I guess what I'm saying is, if I'm going to look to music as a crutch for my emotions, it's going to be because of the actual music, because it's far more powerful to express emotion through an abstract entity such as music instead of explaining more or less word for word how something happened or what someone feels. I look to poets, playwrights, and authors for philosophical support.

/rant

Mar 18, 2003
When I first heard the song "Fine Again" (right when it came out) I liked it, but it got old really quick. And I can't think of any other songs that were that good. They're okay I guess, not really for me, though.

May 8, 2002
Ive been listening to them alot recently.....theyre pretty good live. they do Nirvana covers at every show and they sound exactly like them.