What Are Your Real Thoughts on Tech's "All 6's & 7's" album??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 19, 2008
www.demencha.com
I'd be interested to know what the Siccness folks on here really think about this album after listening to it.

My thoughts are that Tech is a legend. He's got three classic albums in my opinion, but All 6's & 7's isn't one of them. I haven't been able to get into anything from Tech after Anghellic, save a couple tracks on Absolute Power. I pretty much quit listening to him after that. But I had to buy All 6's and 7's because it's the most hyped release from Tech so far, by a long shot. I'm not into it.

What do you guys think?

May 1, 2010
you're a hater...j/k

but you're probably just an old school fan of Tech's shit.. he's evolved his style to be much more diverse and universal since Anghellic, but his flow and lyrics are still on point and always been. 6s and 7s is one of his top 5 albums IMO, but it's a matter of taste I guess and you just don't dig the direction Strange been in.

Nov 25, 2009
I think it's his best album ever. It's phenomenal. His lyricism, style, and beats are better than they've ever been. It's also the number one hip hop album in the country and the the number four album overall. He's blowing up.

Mar 12, 2006
I think the lyricism on All 6's and 7's is phenomenal. Tech's delivery is more polished then ever, and I feel like he did a great job incorporating his everchanging flow with new and old styles.. Some of his verses and rhyme schemes remind me of old school Tech N9ne. Most of the beats are good. Fuck Food was surprisingly good, and all of the features came correct for the most part. I really liked Love Me Tomorrow feat Big Scoob and I feel like I can hear the heart in Scoob's verse..

I'm sure Tech was going for a more somber feel on this, but it kind of ruined the album for me. To much sadness and strange sounding music. I expected a more upbeat album for his biggest release to date. I think that was Tech's goal in a way, to show he can do it his way. It's a very solid album and I'm sure I'll give it more spins as time goes on, but it didn't instantly hit me like some of Tech's previous work.

I also think that the 6 bonus tracks should have replaced some other songs on the physical copy.

Dec 3, 2009
The shit is tight..
he spit some raw shit!!

I really like WorldWide Choppers..
that shit is crazy.. ...

Right now Tech N9ne is probably the most talked about rapper..
everywhere...

Dec 3, 2009
The shit is tight..
he spit some raw shit!!

I really like WorldWide Choppers..
that shit is crazy.. ...

Right now Tech N9ne is probably the most talked about rapper..
everywhere...

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
Im an old school Tech fan and I love this album minus a track or 2, but those are easily replaced with bonus tracks. I dont get why old Tech fans wont like it?

because some are not mature enough to listen the creativity of the artist. As westly snipes said it in white men cant jump "Your listening to jimmy but you cant hear jimmy" lol. I feel this holds true for any artists who is diverse and trys to stay true to himself while staying relevant at the same time.

Oct 11, 2008
www.nastynullities.com
Solid Album. Not my favorite by far from him. But very solid. I only skip a few tracks towards the middle. I agree that a few songs should have been switched out for a few of the bonus like Owe you like Pookie. That shit's terrible.

One thing I've noticed (and maybe it's just me) is while his rhyme scheme is pretty awesome on this album, there seems to be a lack of cohesiveness to what he's saying (compared to past songs). For example, on Mental Giant, he just seems to say shit because they rhyme and sound good or fit the rhyme scheme without really holding together. In past albums and songs, I have always found his bars to flow together very particularly and make sense while on this one, I often find myself lost in how bars or words fit together to complete a thought. IDK maybe I'm just tripping or need to listen closer.

Also, a few verses I thought could have been awesome just didn't deliver. The only thing stopping "So Lonely" from being one of my favorite songs was Tech's verses. IMO Blind Fury really out shined Tech on the track. Blind Fury really brought out his heart and stayed centered around the concept while Tech (once again) seemed to miss the concept here and there by throwing in words and bars that only seem to be there for the sake of rhyme scheme. I feel like he's more spitting on that track to evoke a certain emotion rather than worrying about staying centered around the song concept.

Either way, he's living out his dreams on HIS terms which is something I admire. Love him or hate him, respect is owed. I'm looking forward to see where he goes from here and what he does to capitalize on the long over due buzz he's gotten recently.