Western Union?...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 5, 2003
I'm planning to send money through this place and I never used it before, I heard you gotta go there fill out a form n get a number, hook up the other guy with the number, he goes with his passport & number n picks up the money, does that sound about right? Has anyone ever gotten scammed with this? And how much % does this company take from ya....?

Oct 13, 2003
I used it before. It's self explanitory. If I want to send you money I get your full name and address and the amount I want to send. The person recieving it simply has to go to any Western Union place and fill out a form to collect the money and must bring ID.

There is a small fee, but I forgot how much. You can transfer money by going to an office, by phone, or online transfer. It's easy to use homie.

Oct 13, 2003
Either he sends it or he doesn't. It's the same if someone was going to send you a check or a money order. It's all money at the end. A matter of trust is a different problem. Western Union doesn't have insurance for coverage like that you describe though.

Apr 25, 2002
It's totally legit, and the money goes through almost instantly. I'd recommend using this shit called Money Gram if they got a store around your area that has it. The fees are cheaper, you do that shit over the phone and then just give the info to the cashier, much quicker. Check www.westernunion.com for an estimate of how much total money it would cost you to send........

Sep 5, 2003
no its not a ebay transaction but i saw this foos e-mail n he was sellin some shit...i'm interested but dont wanna get scammed ya know,he does cod too... is cod legit? isnt it where u pay when u get the item..or is it the opposite?....

by the way thanks fo the posts yall, ya cleared up some thangs foe me

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
I'd go with the Cash On Delivery, meaning you pay up when the product arrives to your address. Old school but at least you pay when it's in your hands.

Dec 11, 2002
I think Western Union is $12 to send.. Money Gram $8..

You have to have a code name, full name of the sender and I.D.-- I remember going to pick up $300 from a Western Union and didnt know my guy's real name.. lol.. I had been talking to him for a couple months and only knew his street name.. took me 3 days to get my money.

Apr 1, 2002
Yes I'm sad to say and still think about it to this day, I was scammed for $650. $50 to send $600 to italy, they held it for me because they suspected a lot of scams going thru there. I called and asked why they held it and they didn't tell me why, they knew it was a scam the fucker, but he just said ok I'll release it to him. Too lazy to explain the details but the fucker could of saved me my 6 bills. I got took, dude I sent money to had a fake id or some shit. Other than that, I've received money from western union no problemo. But I'm tryna told ya ret now, only use western union to people you trust, do not use it to buy goods off ebay.

Apr 1, 2002
Well if you're buying a laptop or a tv from another country using western union then do it!!! Get scammed!!! I'll feel better knowin I'm not the only idiot who got scammed for major loot.

Apr 1, 2002
^Haha. DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!, by the way is this a winning bid on ebay or an outside deal? Also is this for an electronics item? Just curious because if someone's pluggin you with playa prices let us know the getty get down when the deal is finished so we can cop some shit too. Because someone on here said there's legit folks out there that use stolen cc's to buy these things.

Sep 5, 2003
Well i'm buyin Clothes, and isnt a Ebay tranaction, this guy said he bought 30 makaveli shirts n he showed me the pics of em, they go for 40 in stores n he hookin it up for 20 a shirt, I was hella interested cuz i'm interested in wearin/sellin em...hope hes legit, I found this guys name n info on another guys comp that I was fixin, but I know that guy never bought from him cuz he 2 just got the e-mail wit the guys info on the day i was fixin it......I sorta got lucky...in a way