WESTCOAST MCs MUST READ!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DonBellygusa

5150 Mental Productions
Aug 28, 2002
LockNLoadRecords.com
MULTI-PLATINUM RAPPER XZIBIT ANNOUNCES RHYME NIGHT

HIP-HOP TALENT SHOWCASE IN HOLLYWOOD

Xzibit’s Open Bar Entertainment and Contrabandit.com join forces
to bring Los Angeles’ hip-hop lyricists to music industry’s attention.

HOLLYWOOD, CA – APRIL 9, 2003 – Today, multi-platinum hip-hop star Xzibit announced the formation of Rhyme Night. This groundbreaking event will be a once monthly hip-hop talent showcase that will act as a launching pad and a proving ground for the best signed and unsigned hip-hop talent throughout the West Coast. Rhyme Night will provide hip-hop enthusiasts a place to vibe in the essence of hip-hop. More importantly, it will offer aspiring hip-hop artists the opportunity to take the stage and showcase their skills in front of hip-hop heads, radio personalities, label scouts and big name MCs in the heart of Hollywood, the world’s epicenter of entertainment.

Hosted by Xzibit, Open Bar Entertainment and Contrabandit.com, Rhyme Night is a place that West Coast hip-hop can call home. By catering to the West Coast’s burgeoning and often ignored hip-hop underground, Rhyme Night will feature a handful of hip-hop’s newest faces performing for both music industry executives and an eager audience full of rap connoisseurs. To heighten the level of excitement, Xzibit will act as MC of the event as well as perform alongside special guests.

Hollywood’s Sixteen-Fifty will host the official Rhyme Night kick-off celebration on May 28th, 2003 from 9:00pm – 2:00am. Sixteen-Fifty is located at 1650 Schrader Blvd. in Hollywood, CA on the corner of Hollywood Blvd. & Schrader Blvd.

Rhyme Night is holding open auditions for all hip-hop artists on Saturday May 24th between the hours of 12:00pm – 4:00pm. Those auditioning will be asked to perform in front of Xzibit, representatives from Contrabandit.com and select radio personalities and music industry executives. Those selected will win the chance of a lifetime – to perform for numerous industry power players and established artists on the stage at Rhyme Night.

Xzibit, co-founder and host of Rhyme Night stated, “This event will give Southern California hip-hop heads a place to call their own. I know the struggle of getting put on in the rap game. For years, I hit up every open mic and underground hip-hop event that was taking place. For me, it was more than just going somewhere to get seen or hoping that someone would discover my talent – I went for the love of hip-hop. Now, I intend to give back to the community that has supported my career and contributed to my success. Rhyme Night will provide a much needed platform where people can come for the love of the music and have a chance of getting discovered.”

Rhyme Night is the brainchild of Xzibit and noted hip-hop journalist Ryan Ford. Ford, who also is Co-Founder and Editor-In-Chief of Contrabandit.com, feels that Rhyme Night was born out of necessity. “Xzibit and I both recognized the lack of true hip-hop outlets in Los Angeles. When I witnessed his level of commitment to the LA underground scene, I was blown away. We decided to create an event that would accommodate true hip-hop heads and provide the chance for talented MCs to get discovered. Rhyme Night is the answer!”

Open Bar Entertainment and Contrabandit.com will organize and promote this trailblazing event. Promotion will be through local and national music publications, television and radio spots, street marketing and through the internet via Contrabandit.com and RhymeNight.com

Xzibit will be doing select interviews concerning Rhyme Night. Please direct all interview requests and press credential questions to Brianne Pins at (323) 252-3633 or [email protected].

Rhyme Night is still eagerly recruiting urban minded companies and organizations who would like to be a part of this exciting event through sponsorship. Please contact Ryan Ford at (213) 926-0101 or [email protected] for sponsorship opportunities.