webstore for artists and labels to sell their cds in

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 28, 2003
Yo, im opening up a new webstore and need to get thru to all artists who want to sell their shit in it. I dunno but if i post this message in all the regional forums would it be considered spam?

I need exposure but dont wanna piss of anyone. Below is the mail im sending out to artists and labels.

E-Mail: [email protected]
Introduction
There is many talented artists/labels out there, unfortunately it’s hard to reach out to potential customers as it takes a lot of money to let people know about your products. This is about to change, we will offer a inexpensive way to reach out. For a small sum you will be able to catalogue your products at the “Urban Distro” store. We will advertise on sites, in magazines and showcase your products. It’s not too good to be true but too good to miss out on.

How it works
Any artist or label interested in selling their products here pay an initial, one-time fee for every product (20$) they want to have catalogued at “Urban Distro” for sale. The sum they will pay goes into our pr & advertising budget. We operate on a “united we are strong” principle.

Urban Distro will need a certain amount of copies of the products that we are going to sell, on commission. And 1 copy we keep for pr and administrational needs.You set the price you want to charge, we take out ours and what is left is your profit.

Payments will be made after the 10 cd´s are sold, then you send 10 more and after those are sold we pay you and so it goes on till you’re out of stock or don’t want to sell any more copies here.

What you sign up for
It´s real simple, “Urban Distro” is not a label or management team, we are a webstore and the only thing you sign up for is selling your product at our store.

We make no claims what-so-ever, you could sell your product anywhere else, sign up whit any company of any nature you want. That is not our business.

Of course you could withdraw your product at anytime. We will delete it from our catalogue and send you back our remaining copies, at your expense. We will send nothing back before we have received proper payment for return shipping.

What can you sell
Even though “Urban Distro” has specialized itself on CD´s you could sell pretty much anything related to Rap or Hiphop that is legally possible to sell. Pressed cd´s is as welcome as cd-r´s (even though u have to state what is what).

We do not believe in censorship and wont enforce it as long as everything is within the “freedom of speech” laws”.

The only exception is products of an obvious racist nature, no exceptions are made and we do not care who hates or is getting hated on, that sort of stuff is not welcome here. If you have any questions on this matter, please mail us and we will answer you.

Why us?
Why should you sell your product at “Urban Distro”, there are other sites that has been around longer, are more established etc…. Well, first and most because we here at “Urban Distro” knows our products (as an example, i bet may of you artists received a mail from me telling about this store) and their target audience.

The founder, Christoffer Lyrhed has been a fan of the genre since the late 80ies, he knows about it, how to and where to market it. He is motivated to promote it beyond financial reasons and got a lot of love for Rap/Hip-hop music. We believe your music will find it’s way to customers other stores will never ever reach.

Second, help and support people in your subculture first, before you invest in companies who only care about money. If “Urban Distro” will grow we will invest back in the culture.

This operation is run on 50% love for the culture and 50% financial motives. “Urban Distro” don’t shy away from that we want to earn money (for us and our artists), the more the better but not if it will be generated by screwing over the culture behind the music.

Currently there are some minor things to fix before the store is 100% up and configured but you could always go to http://www.urbandistro.com to check it out.

Jan 28, 2003
FREEEEEEEEEEE

Hello again, to get a catalogue of products i will waive the onetime fee the first month.

Artists can submit their products for free for a month from today. I will still take out comission though..... 3$ for each product.